PDA

View Full Version : Questions about DLC? Read this!

zerozen00
01-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Hi all, I'm Zen from the Magic: the Gathering community (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=905) (so we're kinda forum neighbours).

I have a question about DLC that I think many may have and, to avoid the spamming of new threads about the same thing, I decided to create this thread to collect the answers to this question and others related to DLC.
Then it maybe be made a sticky to ensure visibility.

So, here is the question:
it is advertised on the Store Page (http://store.steampowered.com/app/42910/) that players who purchase the game before Jan 31st will receive 3 exclusive items and an exclusive magick. Now, under DLC I see (apart from the forum registration key) only the Wizard Hat DLC. Since I can't run the game on my current PCs I can't check if there are supposed to be other separate DLCs (one for each item and magick) or if they are all included in the Wizard Hat DLC (and I hope so).

Thanks to anyone who takes a little time to answer. I will update the post to include all the questions and relative answers that may emerge in the future about DLC, since I noticed on the official website that there is a section, now still empty, dedicated to addons and DLC.

Read below ror the questions and their answers:

Question: The store page says that by purchasing before Jan 31st I'll receive 3 exclusive items and a new magick, but all I see in the DLC is one item, the Hat! Where are my other items?
Answer: The Wizard Hat DLC includes the 3 exclusive items and the new magick, so don't worry.

/zen

Wertoret
01-25-2011, 12:09 PM
you get the 3 items if you choose the additional skin in the character creation window, i.e. different "final fantasyish black mage hat" sharp sword and staff+1, as well as receiving meteorshower along with revive spell

flava_clown
01-25-2011, 12:09 PM
the storepage talks about a "wizard's survival kit" DLC... which includes 3 items + 1 new magick.

for me, it seems that 1 (ONE) DLC only for all the stuff!

zerozen00
01-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks Wertotet and flava_clown for your answers. +rep

/zen

Tzekelkan
01-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Can you get the achievement for having all Magickas without having Meteor Shower if you, say, buy the game after Jan 31st?

telocity
03-15-2011, 12:27 AM
I have a DLC question relating to Magic the Gathering: duels of the planeswalkers that you guys might know the answer to. I had a few DLC packs purchased. However when I went/go to see which ones I have, the box that pops up after right-clicking on game is so small that does not even fit the complete game name. So I have no idea which ones I had/have. I purchased the complete "pack" that was on sale, but I suspect since it was a "pack" it did not have the customary warning of previous ownership.

Anyway do any of you have this problem? Is there a obvious/simple solution I'm missing to seeing long named DLC? Or is this a thing Steam will someday address?

Hope my question was not to off base for this thread.

Xinhuan
03-15-2011, 01:25 AM
Can you get the achievement for having all Magickas without having Meteor Shower if you, say, buy the game after Jan 31st?

Yes. The achievement only counts the 21 magicks available with the basic game. Meteor Shower is the 22nd magick, and Crash to Desktop is the 23rd and neither counts.

Xinhuan
03-15-2011, 01:26 AM
I have a DLC question relating to Magic the Gathering: duels of the planeswalkers that you guys might know the answer to. I had a few DLC packs purchased. However when I went/go to see which ones I have, the box that pops up after right-clicking on game is so small that does not even fit the complete game name. So I have no idea which ones I had/have. I purchased the complete "pack" that was on sale, but I suspect since it was a "pack" it did not have the customary warning of previous ownership.

Anyway do any of you have this problem? Is there a obvious/simple solution I'm missing to seeing long named DLC? Or is this a thing Steam will someday address?

Hope my question was not to off base for this thread.
It is a valid problem. You can however go to "View all Downloadable content on this page" link on your DLC listing, then "Add all DLC to cart". When you try to checkout, it will tell you which ones you already own. Or, you can visit the store page of each one manually.

telocity
03-15-2011, 08:10 AM
Thx Xinhuan, that is one solution which I will probably use next time. :D

The solution for Steam would be to allow side scrolling as well as up and down scrolling. Take a bit of programming I suspect which is why it probably won't be done.

I just worry about all those poor MAC zombies that are used to everything just working...:p

thx again!