PDA

View Full Version : I ask for a 4-pack

Bummrounde
01-25-2011, 03:47 PM
I would've read the Joystiq release announcement today and forgotten about it immediately if it hadn't mentioned 4-player co-op. That totally got me psyched. Of course, the Paradox rep posting that the game's multiplayer doesn't work at all right now is a bummer.

But assuming that they patch it properly, I'd love to check this out with some buddies. I've done the 4-pack for L4D2, Borderlands, and Dogfighter and it has worked out great. What gives? Put up a 4-for-the-price-of-3 pack!

picklegoldfish
01-25-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm planning on buying 4 copies, any idea if one is coming?

tunguska47
01-25-2011, 05:43 PM
can i have a copy :(

MasterOfTheTide
01-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Is 10 dollars really too much? This is a small developer making a PC game here. They need all the money they can get and you are asking for a deal on a 10 dollar game.

Wow that is low.

picklegoldfish
01-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Is 10 dollars really too much? This is a small developer making a PC game here. They need all the money they can get and you are asking for a deal on a 10 dollar game.

Wow that is low.

I'm gifting 3 copies to friends/siblings so it's actually $40. Which I will end up paying if they don't end up having a four pack. But typically 4-player co-op games on steam have 4-packs. These are people who would not ever buy the game if I didn't gift it to them.

picklegoldfish
01-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Going to wait until Friday to buy the 4 copies in the hope that one will show up :)

KlosterKatten
01-25-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm gifting 3 copies to friends/siblings so it's actually $40. Which I will end up paying if they don't end up having a four pack. But typically 4-player co-op games on steam have 4-packs. These are people who would not ever buy the game if I didn't gift it to them.

While i can see your point, i also say that if your friends do not even give a 10 dollar effort to have some fun, why should you pay up for them? Just saying. A 40-50 dollar/euro game i can see. But a tenner?

kaww
01-25-2011, 09:50 PM
I have already gifted this game to 3 friends, and I am planning on gifting more tomorrow. This game is so fun to play with friends :)

picklegoldfish
01-25-2011, 09:52 PM
I have already gifted this game to 3 friends, and I am planning on gifting more tomorrow. This game is so fun to play with friends :)

A man who understands my predicament! I just don't want to buy a bunch of copies the day before a 4-pack comes out.

Bummrounde
01-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Wow that is low.

I get so frustrated with these immature, poorly reasoned thoughts around trying to improve the value of the games we purchase. Why would you interpret that as an insult to those who made it? If you really like Corvettes would you refuse to negotiate with the car salesman?

This game's demo is the most convincing I've ever played. I'd like to play with my friends. The multi pack for other games has helped tip a few of them over the line into "buy" decisions. I'm sure Valve and Gearbox would have yanked their 4-pack options if they were were detrimental to success and not helpful.

Gifting copies for people to have friends to play with reminds me of grade school when the rich kid tried to buy his friends w/ the best toys. But even if you decide to go that route, why would you dislike doing so through a multipack?

SweetCC
01-27-2011, 06:10 AM
why should you pay up for them?

Because that's something friends do for each other from time to time.

Kyun
01-27-2011, 06:33 AM
Because that's something friends do for each other from time to time.

This. Also because we all know OP is actually renting their companionship/service by gifting the game, which I did as well (this is a joke if it offends you in any way). Why play with randoms when you can pay 10 bucks to have a preferred person(s) play alongside you?

At least, that's what the Japanese do...

The only question here to ask is: how much is your friends' companionship worth to you? Deal or not, if they are worth 30 extra dollars, go for it. If not, don't buy it until there is a deal.

Aeolian
01-27-2011, 06:55 AM
I'm going to hope against your 4 pack because I already got 4 copies and gifted.