PDA

View Full Version : Want to play with a friend? Temporary fix

prvtpegleg
01-25-2011, 08:58 PM
So I, like some other people out there, really want to play with my friends. Well the invitation for Magicka isn't working right now for me so I had to fix this with maaaaagiiiic.

Download and run the program Hamachi. (https://secure.logmein.com/US/products/hamachi2/download.aspx) It sort of fakes a LAN or something to that effect.

Anyways, after you have the program installed and running, create a Hamachi room. Do this through Hamachi, not the game. Have your friends join up in the Hamachi room (also, through Hamachi). Now that you're all in the same room, one of you hosts the Magicka game. Invite your friends, it works like magic.

Again, if the game is working fine for you don't do this, it serves no purpose other than to be a temporary fix for those who can't accept invitations. and I'm not an official so don't see this as anything more than a guy on the web providing you with a brief alternative until the game gets patched up to being fully functional.

EDIT: This may also fix staying connected in game since I did not experience any drops outs while playing with my friend.