PDA

View Full Version : Shining Force 1 and 2!

AsheMan
01-26-2011, 10:56 PM
I loved these games! It's been so long, but as soon as I saw those titles on the Steam Store it instantly brought back a flood of great memories. These are really classic tactical RPG games if that's your thing.

BFNL
01-26-2011, 11:28 PM
SF2 is one of my favorite games of all time, I would recommend it to anyone.

mrnails
01-27-2011, 01:12 AM
pftt, get back to me when steam has SF3 1-3!

ftrain
01-27-2011, 02:48 AM
One of my fav games of all times, can i hope for Sf3?

PowerfulGiraffe
01-27-2011, 01:22 PM
I just noticed today, I thought that Sega was done adding classics a while back and I figured that they didn't see a market for Shining Force on Steam, so I just got Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on Xbox 360. My first time playing Shining Force was in the Sega Smash Pack 2 for PC, even though I had a Genesis.

I am so glad they did this, and also don't forget "Shining in the Darkness" .

I can't even describe how much I like Shining Force, It is one of my favorite RPG's, right next to Breath of Fire IV, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, and Fable.

hfm
01-27-2011, 05:20 PM
It is one of my favorite RPG's, right next to Breath of Fire IV, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, and Fable.

We're watching you.... scum..

PowerfulGiraffe
01-27-2011, 06:21 PM
We're watching you.... scum..hahaha, I love Shining Force 1, It was my first RPG, and I just started 2, but I can't deny the fact that Breath of Fire IV (the only Breath of Fire game I've played) is one of the best games I've ever played. Though I could care less about Fable, it has a good story and some memorable quests. And Morrowind had a really great atmosphere, I loved when it was raining and I was walking around in the swamp killing the flying jellyfish. But hey Bro, if you can't enjoy good games then aight. I'll be on about Breath of Fire IV until it's out on Steam. Which may never happen,

Anybody play Earthbound (Mother 2)? I was gonna buy it on GBA but I'm about $499.95 short and I don't speak Japanese,

Draetor24
01-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Shining Force 2 was my all time favourite RPG. Brings back a ton of memories for me as well. I will definitely pick up these old school RPGs at some point.

Would be cool if they did other old console RPG classics as well.

WhiteDesertSun
02-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Am I the only one that liked Shining Force 1 more than 2?
Dont get me wrong, i loved both games.
But in the end, Zylo FTW :]

Soul_B
02-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Am I the only one that liked Shining Force 1 more than 2?
Dont get me wrong, i loved both games.
But in the end, Zylo FTW :]

No, I also liked 1 more than 2. And even though I'm a Zylo fan, I feel the need to point out that Zylo would only do 1 point of damage to the unkillable Domingo.

lordofterror
02-04-2011, 09:54 PM
i loved domingo freeze ftw, two is way too huge but the fun part comes later in the game

WhiteDesertSun
02-06-2011, 04:49 AM
Lol Domingo breaks the mage arechetype of no health or defence. That little guys is awesome!

Plus he can fly.

JJDrakken
02-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Yes, good old school memories!

I got both in a hurry!, I just finished one, 23hours to finish it, I got every character, was a blast remembering the days I played this.

Going start up on S.F.2 tomr :D

JJ

Burningwolf
02-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Broke down and bought the whole 10 pack....couple other games...besides sf1,sf2,and darkness puts me over 2 so the others are just gravy.

linksdeity
02-12-2011, 05:39 AM
The only thing I don't like about Shining Force II (haven't played the first one) is how enemies go out of their way to run down and kill my healer instead of the person fighting them. Very annoying.

jagbdv
02-15-2011, 11:22 AM
OMG! Shining Force 2! I played when i was a kid. The best game from Sega Megadrive. My first game in english. I was looking every word on a small dictionary. Now, i have problems with english too but only writing and speaking... xD

WhiteDesertSun
02-16-2011, 04:06 PM
The only thing I don't like about Shining Force II (haven't played the first one) is how enemies go out of their way to run down and kill my healer instead of the person fighting them. Very annoying.

Seems rather smart of them! :D
Currently playing SF2 myself and it is giving me a little trouble. O well, nothing like a challenge.

lordofterror
02-17-2011, 05:56 PM
Seems rather smart of them! :D
Currently playing SF2 myself and it is giving me a little trouble. O well, nothing like a challenge.
the game is a bit long but once you get your chars to that level where you can one hit ko your enemies its easy, desoul is awesome in this game

zoinks99
02-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Anybody play Earthbound (Mother 2)? I was gonna buy it on GBA but I'm about $499.95 short and I don't speak Japanese,I tried it way back in the 90s and couldn't get into it. I guess it's an acquired taste. I didn't like how non-animated the battle screens were.

OMG! Shining Force 2! I played when i was a kid. The best game from Sega Megadrive. My first game in english. I was looking every word on a small dictionary. Now, i have problems with english too but only writing and speaking... xDI have memories like that, but with Japanese... it's not the most efficient way to learn, but it's a great motivator.