PDA

View Full Version : A duel mode

DuckSauce01
01-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Wouldn't it be nice?
Two players duke it out in an arena, others can join and spectate, once one wins(or both destroy each other) the spectators get their turn, rotate, rinse, repeat.

I've played a sort of... improvised duel with a friend today, was quite fun, if it were properly implemented could be even better!

Perhaps this video will help convince the developers that it can work (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bnyupX-xvI)

Sacrox
01-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Versus mode - still not sure if its there or not.

DuckSauce01
01-27-2011, 10:48 AM
There is not.
Site said that there was though. Liars :(

DuckSauce01
01-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Wha common no one likes a good old fancy wizard duel?

Knightmr
01-27-2011, 12:22 PM
I think it would be a blast when they fix the damage structure. Magicka should be a game where many combinations can be powerful and viable in their own way.

Instead it would just be a FQAS battle.

DuckSauce01
01-27-2011, 12:38 PM

Mostly yeah, but self casting a plain shield deals with beams off all kinds very good, ofcourse, then you're forced to always run around with shields.

But I think these damage changes are needed for the whole game, but regardless duel would require some tuning sure, but it could be a great and fitting mode imo.

monkeedude1212
01-27-2011, 12:47 PM
I think it would be a blast when they fix the damage structure. Magicka should be a game where many combinations can be powerful and viable in their own way.

E+ Right click @ You. Goodbye!