PDA

View Full Version : Knockback

Belsameth
01-27-2011, 10:06 AM
ARGHL!!!!!!!

It's driving me insane. In multiplayer it's not just as bad, since you have a buddy who can save your ♥♥♥. In singleplayer I'd almost call it a crippling flaw tho. When a bunch of jumping goats are around, and you accidently get cornered, it's night impossible to escape because you're lying down all the time. Less knockback or an immunity timer would be nice :)

Ebonlocke
01-27-2011, 10:08 AM
ARGHL!!!!!!!

It's driving me insane. In multiplayer it's not just as bad, since you have a buddy who can save your ♥♥♥. In singleplayer I'd almost call it a crippling flaw tho. When a bunch of jumping goats are around, and you accidently get cornered, it's night impossible to escape because you're lying down all the time. Less knockback or an immunity timer would be nice :)

Tips:

#1) Don't get accidentally cornered.
#2) Use the rightclick with no runes to keep enemies away from you.

I have a lot more tips but theese are the most common ways of not getting someone close to you.

Riftsaw
01-27-2011, 10:11 AM
#3 Self shield causes you to be knocked down any time you're damaged. Some battles are easier won by blocking(left control) or evading.

DraGula1234
01-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Dont use personal shield, and when you stand up spam some AoE's ie Q F A S shift rmb :)
and try to block too.

Sacrox
01-27-2011, 10:14 AM
4) Search for asking - several threads with answers about this already :)

daemon660
01-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Dont use shield against melee, its meant for magic.

Knightmr
01-27-2011, 10:29 AM
D-R-E you shouldnt ever get surrounded ever again.

Mouseraider
01-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Best AOE and beam attack is still FQSAAAA (one lightening will do though), when I first found the combo I tested it on vlad and over it's beam duration it would reach just above 30k damage. In combination with some personal shields and haste you should be able to survive most if not all ancounters.

Later in the game when there are alot of smaller mobs, especially those who knock you off the edge of the map, the same combo in an aoe do wonders.

PS. The yeti are way overpowered in singleplayer, they can be killd but oh god are they annoying.

Knightmr
01-27-2011, 10:33 AM
I've never been even annoyed by a yeti... D-R-E stops everything. Except for the lightning tentacle dudes.

Ventilschnubbel
01-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Best AOE and beam attack is still FQSAAAA (one lightening will do though), when I first found the combo I tested it on vlad and over it's beam duration it would reach just above 30k damage. In combination with some personal shields and haste you should be able to survive most if not all ancounters.

Later in the game when there are alot of smaller mobs, especially those who knock you off the edge of the map, the same combo in an aoe do wonders.

PS. The yeti are way overpowered in singleplayer, they can be killd but oh god are they annoying.

one a too much
it does 35123 damage

use it as an aoe to kill many enemies

RenegadeShade
01-27-2011, 10:40 AM
5) you can still use your staff active power at any time even if you are knocked back using middle mouse button

Astaco
01-27-2011, 11:33 AM
The knockback is driving me insane!

I think I'm in chapter 6, where you have the 'mind duel'.
On the third isle the damn wizards kick me off the cliff everytime.

Any more suggestions?
May be cast a shield behind me which saves me from dropping? :D

Edit:
Nevermind. I just had the idea to blow everyone else off the cliff. But After the fights the game crashed :(

Edit2:
Played all the level again .. game crashed again. Too bad :(