PDA

View Full Version : Crysis 2 did it.

mx_
01-27-2011, 05:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmopeqhHesw

They made it so the opposite team drops tokens of some sort after you kill them. Tokens are your key to kill streaks. You get a kill regardless, but if you want a radar for example, you must pick up X amount of these tokens.

They also alert you where someone is if they've been camping in one spot for too long.

Well, at least they were able to get something right about those two things.

liho1eye
01-27-2011, 05:03 PM
lol they need to alert people about someone just siting in one spot now? Whats next? Aim assist maybe?

mx_
01-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Look man, I don't have a major problem with campers because I'm not some idiot who goes the same way, doing the same thing every single time just trying to kill a camper, but they can get annoying sometimes.

This idea is pretty neat.

JUSTiNHELL
01-27-2011, 05:13 PM
Tried this game earlier, it is a mess, as much as BO has problems its hands down a much better game, crysis felt like a 1999 game with 2020 gfx..

liho1eye
01-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Look man, I don't have a major problem with campers because I'm not some idiot who goes the same way, doing the same thing every single time just trying to kill a camper, but they can get annoying sometimes.

This idea is pretty neat.Then why even bring this up as if it is a good thing? No... no, no, no. It's a terrible thing. Need for additional "camper protection" implies lack of weapon balance. If you can ADS and go full auto across the map - that is the problem, not the campers. This just goes down the beaten path of dumbing down the gunplay to please the crowd of baddies and replacing it with "features" like that. ♥♥♥♥ that... I was actually looking forward to Crysis 2 :(

mx_
01-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Then why even bring this up as if it is a good thing? No... no, no, no. It's a terrible thing. Need for additional "camper protection" implies lack of weapon balance. If you can ADS and go full auto across the map - that is the problem, not the campers. This just goes down the beaten path of dumbing down the gunplay to please the crowd of baddies and replacing it with "features" like that. ♥♥♥♥ that... I was actually looking forward to Crysis 2 :(

Uh... I said it was neat. I don't see how I was originally acting like it was a bad thing, because it's not.

Weapon balance has nothing to do with camping anyway. People don't camp because their gun is too weak, do they? Nor because it's too strong, right?

I wouldn't say alerting players about a camper is dumbing down gameplay. It's making the gameplay itself less of a hassle, and less stupid to play.

Even though I typically don't have a problem with campers, it's one of the few things that bother me the most.

Luftwacko
01-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Great. Now the enemy will be alerted whenever I'm trying to defend an objective?

Not buying it.

iltsoc
01-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Tried this game earlier, it is a mess, as much as BO has problems its hands down a much better game, crysis felt like a 1999 game with 2020 gfx..

a game has problems 2 months before its released DUH

=UAL=Shock&Awe
01-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Is Crysis 2 a console port? I saw a video on YouTube that said the Crytek 3 engine is not as good as the Crytek 2 engine due to the newer engine being designed for the consoles. The video had tests in the graphics and physics, and the older engine had better physics, shadows, and greater draw distance to the objects.

By the way, didn't you say a few days ago that threads should be relevant to the forum's section? o.O

mapel110
01-27-2011, 06:04 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/Crysis/status/30759160287076352
just fyi

let's hope this will be better than failed ops.

liho1eye
01-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Uh... I said it was neat. I don't see how I was originally acting like it was a bad thing, because it's not.I didn't imply you did. I read your original statement as "camper alert is a good thing". And I disagree. This just goes way of dumbing down and respawn whoring.

Weapon balance has nothing to do with camping anyway. People don't camp because their gun is too weak, do they? Nor because it's too strong, right?People camp because they can't stay alive otherwise. Big difference is wherever they are successful at it, which is determined by the weapon balance.

I wouldn't say alerting players about a camper is dumbing down gameplay. It's making the gameplay itself less of a hassle, and less stupid to play.

Even though I typically don't have a problem with campers, it's one of the few things that bother me the most.You contradict yourself at least twice there. If there is no problem then why fix it? Why introduce new ways of abusing game mechanics? Makes no sense to me.
Trying to enforce certain gameplay style on people means there are not enough incentive to do so otherwise. It is never a good thing, no matter how they try to turn it. Seems like every new game pushes it further towards disposable rush&die console-like slugfest, replacing skill with twitch and respawn whoring. And it saddens me deeply.

OmegaXtreme420
01-27-2011, 06:48 PM
thanks for showing me this video now i know im not gonna get it

mx_
01-27-2011, 07:28 PM
People camp because they can't stay alive otherwise. Big difference is wherever they are successful at it, which is determined by the weapon balance.

People not having the ability to stay alive isn't because of weapon choice. A weapon doesn't determine the outcome of a fight, unless it's from a distance with a sniper rifle, of course.

If the person is generally bad, it's because they're just bad. Therefore, they camp because they're not confident enough to not camp. Not because their gun "sucks."

duffeknol
01-27-2011, 07:58 PM

That's cause it's still basically an alpha, only released for network and server tests for the Xbox gold crowd. Everyone's expecting wayyyyy too much for such an early version of the game.

duffeknol
01-27-2011, 08:01 PM
hahahahahahah oh my God I can't believe they're STILL using the same crappy ragdoll model for the characters. Crytek absolutely OWNS when it comes to graphics and physics, but they can't throw some Euphoria in there for the bodies or something? I might be nitpicking, but when you have a game that looks THAT good, why not fix that last super stupid looking thing?

Ferax
01-27-2011, 08:10 PM
damn i cant remenber where i hear this song

sammysfat
01-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Campers/Spammers/noobs need to hate on something that doesnt work for them?
Meaning Cod games is the best for them providing claymores, motion sensors and stuff

liho1eye
01-27-2011, 08:18 PM
People not having the ability to stay alive isn't because of weapon choice. A weapon doesn't determine the outcome of a fight, unless it's from a distance with a sniper rifle, of course.

If the person is generally bad, it's because they're just bad. Therefore, they camp because they're not confident enough to not camp. Not because their gun "sucks."I have a feeling you probably read only every other word of what i wrote, but whatever... My point was that artificial "balance" adjustments are evil and nothing good ever came out of that.

homestyle
01-27-2011, 08:24 PM
This game looks like this will be strictly cqb.

This "anti-camper" feature look stupid.

748a3b
01-27-2011, 10:18 PM
I look forward to it, and being able to play a multiplayer demo is nice before buying, though I would not buy it just for mp. This game, and I'm fairly sure, will not be a console port, it is my understanding that Crytek port PC to console since they are pros.

mx_
01-27-2011, 10:39 PM
I have a feeling you probably read only every other word of what i wrote, but whatever... My point was that artificial "balance" adjustments are evil and nothing good ever came out of that.

It's to keep everyone on their toes, so to speak, and not waiting for the kills to come to them. It's not a bad idea at all to try out. If it fails and slaps them in the face, then it's a learning experience.

Majesty of War
01-27-2011, 11:22 PM
Barf

it's like Halo and CoD had a love child. RIP FPS genre...

Power Struggle in Crysis Wars was awesome. It's too bad FPS gamers are too stupid to have any decent game modes any longer.

Rock-Star
01-27-2011, 11:27 PM
^There´s always BFBC2. I tend to get some very fun matches there, that include a lot of teamplay.

homestyle
01-27-2011, 11:28 PM
they better include some kind of theater mode.

every fps game wanting to be a cod-buster needs to have theater.

Majesty of War
01-27-2011, 11:29 PM
^There´s always BFBC2. I tend to get some very fun matches there, that include a lot of teamplay.

Oh please BFBC2 is dumb as hell. Conquest mode is a shell of it's former self and rush should just be renamed spam. "teamwork" doesn't exist in the vast majority of BFBC2 matches just like it doesn't exist in other games including Black Ops.

Rock-Star
01-27-2011, 11:37 PM
Oh please BFBC2 is dumb as hell. Conquest mode is a shell of it's former self and rush should just be renamed spam. "teamwork" doesn't exist in the vast majority of BFBC2 matches just like it doesn't exist in other games including Black Ops.

I have no illusions with Black Ops. Teamwork is not a feature.

But i beg to differ with you in BFBC2, at least, from my experience that is. Obviously not always, but still you find some.

mx_
01-28-2011, 12:06 AM
It only takes one person to win a game in Call of Duty. We've all accepted that by now. Let's try to keep that argument out of this thread.

cornholo509
01-28-2011, 12:19 AM

If the person is generally bad, it's because they're just bad. Therefore, they camp because they're not confident enough to not camp. Not because their gun "sucks."

Im not one to get into arguments about people styles of gameplay that much , but this has to be said .Its a very bad idea to have the ability to tell where some one is camping . Putting players skills a side you have a lot of other drawbacks .

1 . Totally removing any kind of tactical game play from the system .
2 . Completely removing some peoples preferred way to play .
3 . making sniper rifles utterly useless and pointless in game .
4 . It would destroy most game modes where camping is required along with other tactics to win .

The only place i can see your plan for this to work would be in ffa or tdm matches . Otherwise it would cause more problems not fix them . I have to say i am with liho1eye on this one . Not only is it degrading game play but it is also causing a balancing issue . Regardless of skill level .

On the other hand the coin drops for kill streak sounds like a good idea .

FuryX
01-28-2011, 01:29 AM
Crysis 2 multiplayer looks wicked!..ontop of that it will run very very smoothly framerate wise, and the multiplayer looks a lot different to c1/warhead...

I am really looking forward to this.

-Sugar_Wolf
01-28-2011, 01:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmopeqhHesw

They made it so the opposite team drops tokens of some sort after you kill them. Tokens are your key to kill streaks. You get a kill regardless, but if you want a radar for example, you must pick up X amount of these tokens.

They also alert you where someone is if they've been camping in one spot for too long.

Well, at least they were able to get something right about those two things.

No, Crysis 2 didn't get it right. While that counter-acts campers, it's a lousy counter-measure altogether.

Bad Company 2 got it right. If someone is camping in the open, they are spotted easily with a small triangle. If they're camping indoors, make their building collapse on top of them. Camper gone.

Also, no kill streaks is by far the fairest way to play competitive multiplayer.

mx_
01-28-2011, 02:22 AM
Im not one to get into arguments about people styles of gameplay that much , but this has to be said .Its a very bad idea to have the ability to tell where some one is camping . Putting players skills a side you have a lot of other drawbacks .

1 . Totally removing any kind of tactical game play from the system .
2 . Completely removing some peoples preferred way to play .
3 . making sniper rifles utterly useless and pointless in game .
4 . It would destroy most game modes where camping is required along with other tactics to win .

The only place i can see your plan for this to work would be in ffa or tdm matches . Otherwise it would cause more problems not fix them . I have to say i am with liho1eye on this one . Not only is it degrading game play but it is also causing a balancing issue . Regardless of skill level .

On the other hand the coin drops for kill streak sounds like a good idea .

I'll answer your four problems you have with Crysis 2's MP.

1. I can see where you're coming from. But at the same time, tactical doesn't mean sit in a corner for 10 minutes, waiting for someone to attempt the objective you're near.

2. As much as I can understand this, the developers don't make the game for you to choose how you want to play. Well, I mean they do, but to an extent. It only goes so far, and the rest is how they want you to play. And in this case, they want you out there fighting.

3. I'm sure the set timer, or whatever has to happen for this alert to go off, waits long enough for a sniper to be effective. A sniper in any game doesn't stay in the same spot the whole game. They pick off a few people in one spot, then move.

4. Camping is never required to win.

Archer 250
01-28-2011, 02:24 AM
lol they need to alert people about someone just siting in one spot now? Whats next? Aim assist maybe?

Auto aim and Fire.

Bruchpilot
01-28-2011, 02:27 AM
damn i cant remenber where i hear this song

The Prodigy - "Invaders Must Die"
Maybe you heared it in the Duke Nukem Forever trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96PdhHZC7j8). :D

piercehead
01-28-2011, 02:29 AM
Just to throw a spanner in the works, there is a perk that lets you get the dog tags without picking them up :P

weavile22
01-28-2011, 03:28 AM
These are the black ops forums by the way.

cpmaguy
01-28-2011, 03:44 AM

so you imply games from 1999 are bad?

what about quake 3 arena? it came out in 1999?

or ut99?

Idiot. Just because a game is old, doesn't mean its bad at all. Infact most of the older games are better then all new FPS games.

mx_
01-28-2011, 04:00 AM
I would have to agree.

Archer 250
01-28-2011, 04:02 AM
the developers don't make the game for you to choose how you want to play. Well, I mean they do, but to an extent. It only goes so far, and the rest is how they want you to play.

And G-Mod?

mx_
01-28-2011, 05:01 AM
And G-Mod?

Call of Duty isn't a sandbox game.

xel0x
01-28-2011, 05:10 AM
crysis felt like a 1999 game with 2020 gfx..

That does not sound so bad, lot of great games came from the 20th century.

JUSTiNHELL
01-28-2011, 06:57 AM
so you imply games from 1999 are bad?

what about quake 3 arena? it came out in 1999?

or ut99?

Idiot. Just because a game is old, doesn't mean its bad at all. Infact most of the older games are better then all new FPS games.

I meant in a bad way, ofc i been gaming all those games up until now, this game looks a lot stripped down from the first crysis, this would be crysis if it was made in 1999.

Chris2183
01-28-2011, 07:40 AM
This "anti-camper" feature look stupid.

Im going to withhold judgment on the feature until I see how it works. If it puts someone on the radar because they havent moved in 15 seconds, then obviously it would be terrible. However if it shows up after someone has been sitting in one spot for 4 minutes, then its not as bad as it sounds.

I also see some people using it to attract people to them for free kills.

Crinus
01-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Crysis 2 and its devs will find a way to ♥♥♥♥ up the online aspect, trust me.

Its SP will make it still worth buying though.

dade_kash_xD
01-28-2011, 08:50 AM
From what I keep seeing and reading on Crysis 2, it won't be a sandbox game like its predecesor. It's going to be very linear and resemble a very "Call of Duty" like assembly in the SP. I just hope people won't be able to make any video's of them beating a level without firing one round in any of Crysis level!

alihunter
01-28-2011, 09:46 AM
something sitting on place for 1 minute or a little less is fair enough for me.

crum3086
01-28-2011, 10:03 AM
WTF are you all whining about. This is crysis, not COD. Who says the objectives will be anything like COD? It's a completely different game and you guys are complaining about things related to COD lol

Game looks ok. Graphics will probably be dope, single player will probably be dope. I never played Crysis MP cause it looked like it sucked donkey nuts. But gameplay of this looks promising. I'll probably still stick to SP though, we'll see.

Cloud8521
01-28-2011, 11:56 AM
WTF are you all whining about. This is crysis, not COD. Who says the objectives will be anything like COD? It's a completely different game and you guys are complaining about things related to COD lol

Game looks ok. Graphics will probably be dope, single player will probably be dope. I never played Crysis MP cause it looked like it sucked donkey nuts. But gameplay of this looks promising. I'll probably still stick to SP though, we'll see.

well.... everyone equates everything to COD. its now the standard for criticism now

Imback
01-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Hmm...Now, i know i will probably get flamed by some people but am i wrong to say i am completely NOT impressed with Crysis 2? I tried Crysis: Warhead once, played for about 10 minutes, didn't find it too interesting and never played it again. Saw a bunch of Crysis 1 videos on YT, the game really has awesome graphics but that's about it. I mean, i always preferred more realistic games when it comes to FPS genre (All Rainbow Six titles, G.R.A.W. 1 and 2, Arma, Operation Flash point etc). As for COD titles, even tho they far from realistic, at least they use real life weapons and equipment. Crysis resembles Halo IMO or something similar and i don't find that interesting.
Also, in OP video, am i the only one thinking movement is kind of awkward and not natural at all? I dunno, the game might be better when it comes out but i am not expecting anything to get me hooked.
I guess we will see.

Cheers

Briticent
01-28-2011, 02:25 PM
I wasn't impressed with either Far Cry or Crysis myself.

maZiix™
01-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Crysis 2 multiplayer demo coming to PC!! - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1735688

mx_
01-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Well, before this thread gets any more out of control and eventually locked, let's get it back on topic.

If these two features were introduced to CoD, would the game be better?

The features -

1. When you kill someone, they drop a token. You must pick up this token to get killstreaks. 3 tokens = radar.

2. If someone is camping for too long, you're alerted their position.

Rock-Star
01-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Well, before this thread gets any more out of control and eventually locked, let's get it back on topic.

The features -

1. When you kill someone, they drop a token. You must pick up this token to get killstreaks. 3 tokens = radar.

2. If someone is camping for too long, you're alerted their position.

IMO,Number 2 would be a bit overkill. A lot of people would be forced to move to get the tokens, so there's no need to do that as they cant "Camp for KS".

liho1eye
01-28-2011, 05:15 PM

The features -

2. If someone is camping for too long, you're alerted their position.I am a bit iffy on the tokens.
If they are locked to the person who made the kill, then whats the point? To make them move towards the corpse? Unless we talk about extreme distances, then its not really changing anything.
If it is not locked to person who made the kill, then thats just plain gay.
What about 1 vs many situations? You come up against 5 guys, kills 3 and then die... Tokens gone? That's pretty lame and unfair...
Tokens sit there until you pick them up? Then what if you respawned on the opposite side of the map? Seems unnecessary tedious and abusable to.

mx_
01-28-2011, 05:23 PM
I am a bit iffy on the tokens.
If they are locked to the person who made the kill, then whats the point? To make them move towards the corpse? Unless we talk about extreme distances, then its not really changing anything.
If it is not locked to person who made the kill, then thats just plain gay.
What about 1 vs many situations? You come up against 5 guys, kills 3 and then die... Tokens gone? That's pretty lame and unfair...
Tokens sit there until you pick them up? Then what if you respawned on the opposite side of the map? Seems unnecessary tedious and abusable to.

I think they're only locked on to the player who killed them. To prevent griefing, of course. Also to keep people on the move. But the main problem would be snipers.

zezzex
01-28-2011, 05:26 PM
How did i get in the Crysis 2 forums? I was looking for the black ops forums.

liho1eye
01-28-2011, 05:36 PM
I think they're only locked on to the player who killed them. To prevent griefing, of course. Also to keep people on the move. But the main problem would be snipers.You mean tokens would create problems for snipers? Sure... but tbh every recent game I tried had snipers unreasonably weak anyway. Take BO for instance... I can snipe with full auto AR across the map. Why would I need a sniper rifle?

On the other hand your typical corner camping nub rarely does any good at sniping - those usually sit in a corner in a high traffic area. Yet anyone I've seen to be actually good at sniping were alway fairly mobile to begin with, which how they stay alive... because if you sit in one place the person you just killed will know exactly where you are and will kill you easily.

In general (like someone said here before) it seems like Crysis 2 will be pushing towards CQC-exclusive gameplay. That smells like a console-pleasing crap to me.

mx_
01-28-2011, 06:12 PM
You mean tokens would create problems for snipers? Sure... but tbh every recent game I tried had snipers unreasonably weak anyway. Take BO for instance... I can snipe with full auto AR across the map. Why would I need a sniper rifle?

On the other hand your typical corner camping nub rarely does any good at sniping - those usually sit in a corner in a high traffic area. Yet anyone I've seen to be actually good at sniping were alway fairly mobile to begin with, which how they stay alive... because if you sit in one place the person you just killed will know exactly where you are and will kill you easily.

In general (like someone said here before) it seems like Crysis 2 will be pushing towards CQC-exclusive gameplay. That smells like a console-pleasing crap to me.

I wouldn't say CQC is a console-based way to play, but I can see where you're coming from. And as for sniping in BO, I guess it's just personal preference. Then again, in most recent CoDs, you could usually snipe across the map with some ARs.

FuryX
01-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Crysis 2 Console = Medium settings. Someone at incrysis got into the cfg files of the console demo.

piercehead
01-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Just to reiterate, if someone wants to camp they can- there is a perk that lets you automatically receive dogtags without picking them up.

bLuEpInOy
01-29-2011, 02:33 PM

LOL aim assist now you're just talking console. No PC player needs that stuff, if you do you need to stop playing games all together.

Licardo7
01-29-2011, 02:44 PM
they drop a dogtag. Not a 'token'