PDA

View Full Version : Game not loading

Howitzer753
01-28-2011, 05:23 PM
I have tried to play this game 8 or 9 times and every time I click "Play", or even double click on the icon on my desktop, the small "Preparing to start Magicka..." shows up, disappears and then nothing happens. I know I finished the download, but the game never starts. I messaged Steam and this is what they told me to do:

Hello ********, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. NOTE: If you are running in Windows Vista or Windows 7, please completely exit Steam, and right-click on the shortcut which you use to launch Steam and select "Run as Administrator." You may need to manually run secondary installers required by this game. Exit Steam entirely. Browse to your Magicka installation folder (Usually C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\magicka\) You will need to run the following installers: ...\steamapps\common\magicka\Dependencies\directx_ feb2010\DXSETUP.exe ...\steamapps\common\magicka\Dependencies\dotnetfx 35.exe ...\steamapps\common\magicka\Dependencies\xnafx31_ redist.msi Then, restart your computer and test the issue again. If you are still having difficulty after going through this process, further support for this title is handled by a third party support department - please follow the instructions in the link below to contact the support provider to troubleshoot this issue: Title: Magicka Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4451-PHLC-3706 Please let us know if you experience further difficulties, or if you have additional questions or concerns.

I followed these instructions and everything was downloaded and installed correctly. Am I doing something wrong, or did something happen?