PDA

View Full Version : Breach reminds me of Rogue Warrior

Crunchwrap
01-29-2011, 11:53 AM
For those that don't know, Rogue Warrior was a PC game released about a year ago. It was unpolished, buggy as hell, barely playable, and just overall glitchy. Not to mention extremely short with horrible voice acting. The devs were the same team who made the Aliens vs Predator games (including the newer one).

They too promised that they were working on the problems and that a patch was "coming soon". Guess what? They completely forgot about it and never released anything. The game is still as bad today as it was over a year ago.

And if a big dev team like that couldn't even patch one of their AAA titles, what hope has a small indie game got with such a small development team?

Dragory
01-29-2011, 11:58 AM
The difference with that game is that it's not indie, or in other words, they had a publisher telling them to hurry up.
The same publisher (Bethesda apparently) most likely also encouraged them to move on to new projects instead of patching the one they had at the moment.

"Indie" does in no way mean "small" or "beginner" - it means the studio is independent from a big publisher.
Valve games could be indie, if they didn't release them also on retail (where the publishing is done by EA).

I'd say Atomic Games are still focusing on Breach, and not even nearly quitting on it.

KDR_11k
01-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Meh, quite a few indies get their stuff out at retail. World of Goo had a retail version, so did Swords & Soldiers. The only reason Valve isn't counted as independent is because they're large.

dig1tal_cha0s
01-30-2011, 04:10 AM
Meh, quite a few indies get their stuff out at retail. World of Goo had a retail version, so did Swords & Soldiers. The only reason Valve isn't counted as independent is because they're large.

And there with EA.

Nige111
01-30-2011, 04:14 AM
ITT: OP is butthurt because he paid a reasonable price for a reasonable game.

If you had paid the price of rogue ♥♥♥♥ for this game then I'd be upset too but you paid like $10 so quit whining.

Nitronumber9
01-30-2011, 04:15 AM
For those that don't know, Rogue Warrior was a PC game released about a year ago. It was unpolished, buggy as hell, barely playable, and just overall glitchy. Not to mention extremely short with horrible voice acting. The devs were the same team who made the Aliens vs Predator games (including the newer one).

Like to make a correction for you, Rogue Warrior was by the Derby studio of rebellion, AVP2010 was Sheffield I think.