PDA

View Full Version : Right order of trailers and previews?

McMasterGold
01-31-2011, 07:12 AM
Meet Wheatley, Wheatley Update and IGN Preview 2 has shown some stuff from the story, but I can't understand the right order. Can someone help me?

Harelgur760
01-31-2011, 07:16 AM
nvm i didnt understand ur question :(

freekkiller7
01-31-2011, 08:02 AM
IGN preview 2, you wake up in the room. Then, some time later IGN preview 2 the part where you get the portalgun.

Then, meet Wheatley, the part where he falls of the rail. Then meet Wheatley/Wheatley update, the part where GLaDOS wakes up.

Then Wheatley update, the part where the lights fall out. Then the part where he talks about how he almost got a job in manufacturing. Then the part where you hop on the conveyor belt where he talks about humans being so folklore and stuff. Then the part when you walk past the vents, with the voice going all "Cube, boxed turret, turret, boxed turret" and stuff. And (i'm not sure about this one:) then the part where the turrets activate "Activated, activated, activated.".

That's the order in which the game progresses.

McMasterGold
01-31-2011, 08:38 AM
IGN preview 2, you wake up in the room. Then, some time later IGN preview 2 the part where you get the portalgun.

Then, meet Wheatley, the part where he falls of the rail. Then meet Wheatley/Wheatley update, the part where GLaDOS wakes up.

Then Wheatley update, the part where the lights fall out. Then the part where he talks about how he almost got a job in manufacturing. Then the part where you hop on the conveyor belt where he talks about humans being so folklore and stuff. Then the part when you walk past the vents, with the voice going all "Cube, boxed turret, turret, boxed turret" and stuff. And (i'm not sure about this one:) then the part where the turrets activate "Activated, activated, activated.".

That's the order in which the game progresses.

Thank you for helping me!

Although something strange is in there, isn't GLaDOS supposed to punish Wheatley and send Chell to more tests after they meet with her?

freekkiller7
01-31-2011, 10:47 AM
Thank you for helping me!

Although something strange is in there, isn't GLaDOS supposed to punish Wheatley and send Chell to more tests after they meet with her?

Indeed, that's what happens. Then at the Wheatley update video, Chell and Wheatley are in a behind the scenes area. Because the labs are unfinished and stuff (as Valve said in an interview) GLaDOS sends Chell to those BTS areas to progress from test to test. That's where Wheatley is, and he's back on his rail. So they are in that BTS area, where GLaDOS can't do anything "At least she can't touch us back here." as Wheatley says, in the beginning of the Wheatley update video. However, GLaDOS can do one thing: Turn off the lights. And that's basically it.

Chell does tests, she's send to BTS area, Wheatley is there, lights go out.

McMasterGold
01-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Indeed, that's what happens. Then at the Wheatley update video, Chell and Wheatley are in a behind the scenes area. Because the labs are unfinished and stuff (as Valve said in an interview) GLaDOS sends Chell to those BTS areas to progress from test to test. That's where Wheatley is, and he's back on his rail. So they are in that BTS area, where GLaDOS can't do anything "At least she can't touch us back here." as Wheatley says, in the beginning of the Wheatley update video. However, GLaDOS can do one thing: Turn off the lights. And that's basically it.

Chell does tests, she's send to BTS area, Wheatley is there, lights go out.

I got it, thank you.