PDA

View Full Version : Signal Over Range

Galloper3
02-04-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm relatively new to these forums (usually I don't have any trouble with games). Bought Riddick a few weeks ago when it was on offer. Seem to be able to run it when it's in 800 x 600 resolution, but when I turn it to 1024 x 768 (which should easily be supported), I get the message Signal Over Range, which supposedly means my monitor can't handle the resolution.
My PC's pretty old (upgrading soon) but it meets the minimum specs and should be able to run it.
Specs: Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00 Ghz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 (512 MB), 2 gigs of RAM. Thanks.

MADDOGGE
02-04-2011, 01:00 PM
It's a console port and as such not a lot of customization available unlike the original. For me it's the no native support for 4:3/5:3 1280X1024. I have to endure the stretch or play in letter box. I would think that widescreen wouldn't be a problem for you in this game though. Then again since it's a console port, the resolution choices are probably 16:9 for a HDTV not 16:10 for a computer monitor.

PS: Don't get rid of your old rig they still have their uses. especially if you are into older games. I still have an old P4 I keep as a back up. Some games will never play properly on a multi-cores, modern equipment, and OS's. I have about 5-8 games on my P4, two games that comes to mind are PsychoToxic and Will Rock. They only play correctly on my P4 3.2Ghz, 8600GTX, 2 GB ram, XPSP2. SP3 crashes 3 of these games so I stick to SP2 and stay offline for security reasons.

Galloper3
02-05-2011, 05:11 AM
Thanks for the tips, it's just, my monitor's not really widescreen and 1024 x 768 is usually what I play games on. I understand why people would have trouble with widescreen, but my monitor's pretty standard and I honestly don't understand why a standard resolution wouldn't work. :/
Btw, I am keeping my old PC once I upgrade, I always end up going back to old games anyway ^^.