PDA

View Full Version : Can You Be VAC'd while playing?

EnemyLinez3
02-05-2011, 04:27 AM
Just wondered or do they have to restart their game for the VAC infraction on the account to take place, this would explain the increasing number of hackers on black ops?:confused:

Would love to see a VAC ban take place in-game.:D

PhamousVegas
02-05-2011, 04:29 AM
Yes, you can.
It'll kick you with "Cheat detected." when it kicks in, and you won't be able to find any other games.
In MW2 and Black Ops after the restart you won't be able to launch into Multiplayer anymore.

EnemyLinez3
02-05-2011, 04:34 AM
Yes, you can.
It'll kick you with "Cheat detected." when it kicks in, and you won't be able to find any other games.
In MW2 and Black Ops after the restart you won't be able to launch into Multiplayer anymore.

Brilliant ;)

Nekomancer
02-05-2011, 04:36 AM
Same with Source games, but you won't be kicked, but when you change the server, or the server changes the map you won't be able to connect anymore.

Tasty Uberwich
02-05-2011, 10:38 PM
So technically speaking, if the server had no time/score limit, never changed maps and never restarted in any way, shape or form AND you stayed connected to that server, left the game open and never turned off your computer, you could keep playing forever?

Just a thought

GentleBeing
02-06-2011, 03:54 AM
So technically speaking, if the server had no time/score limit, never changed maps and never restarted in any way, shape or form AND you stayed connected to that server, left the game open and never turned off your computer, you could keep playing forever?

Just a thought

Only in source games.
But when the server got updated to the new bugfixes or new content patches it restarts.

Nekomancer
02-06-2011, 04:40 AM
Wrong. A server must be updated manually. They don't update themselves automatically.

But in theory yes, if the server would continue to run on one map and the client would never disconnect, you could play forever with a VAC ban. But it's extremely unlikely that such an event would occur.

GentleBeing
02-06-2011, 04:50 AM
Wrong. A server must be updated manually. They don't update themselves automatically.

But in theory yes, if the server would continue to run on one map and the client would never disconnect, you could play forever with a VAC ban. But it's extremely unlikely that such an event would occur.

Did I say it got updated automatically? Nope.
If you own a server, chances are you will update it max a week after the update. Plus if he don't update it you will be lonely anyways.

Tasty Uberwich
02-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Well now I know, interesting stuff.

L.o.D.
02-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Same with Source games, but you won't be kicked, but when you change the server, or the server changes the map you won't be able to connect anymore.

Not quite true.
I have seen, although quite rare, I have seen VAC kick a user before.

jackpf
02-06-2011, 05:16 PM
What are you all talking about? Doesnt VAC use delayed banning, according to everything ive read? :s

Nekomancer
02-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Delayed or instant bans have nothing to do with the topic at hand, it's about the moment the ban takes effect and how it affects the banned player.

L.o.D.
02-06-2011, 05:45 PM
What are you all talking about? Doesnt VAC use delayed banning, according to everything ive read? :s

I wasn't referring to VAC banning someone. VAC was kicking an already banned player.

jackpf
02-07-2011, 01:17 AM
Oh I see. Sorry, misunderstood :p

Amander
02-07-2011, 02:06 AM
Just wondered or do they have to restart their game for the VAC infraction on the account to take place, this would explain the increasing number of hackers on black ops?:confused:

Would love to see a VAC ban take place in-game.:DDude, Black Ops has console commands you can use to cheat. And VAC won't ban for anything which is part of the game. So just go play a better game.

jon_infektion
02-07-2011, 02:11 AM
There are console command cheats? Really?

Amander
02-07-2011, 02:13 AM
There are console command cheats? Really?Search a little. I saw this in this very forum first, with a link to a YouTube video. Basically, the commands make everything transparent. Just plain simple console commands.
Dude, did you really believe Black Ops would not be a desaster after MW2? Pro tip: Buy Battlefield Bad Company 2. Better teamplay and the game's not from the greedy jerks from Activision.

T@F
02-07-2011, 03:35 AM
In all the years i'v been playing css/tf2 ect.
I only ever seen one person get kicked off a server saying vac banned.
That was css and he was playing ok for a few rounds before hand.
He did log onto another account asking the admin to unban him,and the admin was trying to explain to him it's not him that done it.lol

That was a funny moment in css back then,he was raging bad.:)
That was a long time ago though,so not sure if vac still does that,or it kicks in once you disconnect now.

GentleBeing
02-07-2011, 05:59 AM

Sometimes you can see the odd player saying

_Xxx1337Sn1p0rxxX_: ========== Aimbot Activated ===========
_Xxx1337Sn1p0rxxX_: Has left the server (VAC banned)

Tosadalis
02-07-2011, 06:11 AM
VAC doesn't instaban.

jackpf
02-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Sometimes you can see the odd player saying

_Xxx1337Sn1p0rxxX_: ========== Aimbot Activated ===========
_Xxx1337Sn1p0rxxX_: Has left the server (VAC banned)

That could just be an admin banning someone with reason: VAC banned.

Tbh, I've done it before, just to scare the ♥♥♥♥ out of idiots :p

GentleBeing
02-07-2011, 06:19 AM

It happened to me on an arena server.
And as everybody knows the admins of those rarely ever visit it.
And I anyways KNOW there was no admins there.
And it was literally 0.1 seconds after he activated aimbot.

Nekomancer
02-07-2011, 06:23 AM
That sounds like a lot of male cow excrement. VAC uses delayed banning. Also it never tells you why you got banned. It probably was another cheat detection method like KAC.

What you have seen was not a VAC message.

L.o.D.
02-07-2011, 09:59 AM

How do you know no admin was watching via HLSW?
No need to join the server when using it when you have rcon.

CTRL ALT DEL !
02-08-2011, 12:41 AM
My favourite ban was while we were discussing banning a "TOO GOOD" player from our server.

On map change he was kicked, when I looked at his stats and then back to his profile, his status had changed to "Bans on Record".

That ended our debate right there.

chickengod799
02-08-2011, 12:53 AM
There is an exploit in the source engine that can allow you to disconnect with your own message.
That's why he disconnected right after.

viehrea_siili
02-08-2011, 05:03 AM

Wrong. A server can be updated automatically. Linux version of HLDS has startup parameters for it.

Amander
02-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Wrong. A server can be updated automatically. Linux version of HLDS has startup parameters for it.Guess what: Windows version too! But you should read what you just said: STARTUP. So if you don't start your server but just keep it running, it doesn't update. And OFC this is not automatic updating.

jon_infektion
02-08-2011, 08:17 PM

Sounds like the more then likely case

antich
02-22-2011, 03:04 AM
Yes, you can.

Hello,
The game Modern Warfare 2 I met a player who uses cheats - texture hacks or wallhack ...
The problem is - that his account is banned, but he continues to play every day and spoil the game the other guys honest.
Every day he changes his nickname - trinity, droppy, tralala, d @ nger, goliat - it's all his nicknames, but the game he comes under a single account.
Here is his profile in Steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198017231524
VAC status: ban(s) on record
Here, the information about it from the Vac:
http://www.vacbanned.com/engine/check
I have 2 questions:
Why does Steam let him into the game - if he is banned?
Is this breaking the whole system Steam and VAC? …and this will allow him to continue to change nicks every day and play fair with cheats…

I really hope the system VAC, because - when you see this, then no desire to play the game and lost every pleasure ... this person just spoils all that is best in the game ...

PhamousVegas
02-22-2011, 03:20 AM
Why does Steam let him into the game - if he is banned?

Odds are he is banned in another VAC Secured Game, and not in MW2.

The game Modern Warfare 2 I met a player who uses cheats - texture hacks or wallhack ....
Texture hacks aren't bannable.
If he is using a wallhack, he may or may not be banned... depending on which one he is using.

a7m1
02-22-2011, 07:15 AM
Guess what: Windows version too! But you should read what you just said: STARTUP. So if you don't start your server but just keep it running, it doesn't update. And OFC this is not automatic updating.

startup parameters means the command line in the server

-autoupdate command can only be used for srcds / hlds server under linux
i have readed it works only for linux
in windows it totally does nothing
any ways in windows it will show warning messages
some thing like version is outdated please update and restart
that command does'nt used to check for updates on startup under windows it does nothing totally
i have witnessed that update message under windows srcds it will conteniously show that message
any ways i've never used a linux server but i think the update works i know unmanaged srcds css server that actaully updated itself under linux :)

Amander
02-22-2011, 08:40 AM
startup parameters means the command line in the server

-autoupdate command can only be used for srcds / hlds server under linux
i have readed it works only for linux
in windows it totally does nothing
any ways in windows it will show warning messages
some thing like version is outdated please update and restart
that command does'nt used to check for updates on startup under windows it does nothing totally
i have witnessed that update message under windows srcds it will conteniously show that message
any ways i've never used a linux server but i think the update works i know unmanaged srcds css server that actaully updated itself under linux :)Ok then, looks like I was wrong, sorry.

Adzter790
02-22-2011, 11:43 AM
I've seen someone get vac'd in the server before, i know an admin didn't kick him because it was my server and only i had admin privilages:
http://f.anyhub.net/1URy

Me and my friend where doing one on ones this game came on and played for about 20 minutes and them bam, he d/c'd with that.

EnemyLinez3
02-23-2011, 02:28 AM
I've seen someone get vac'd in the server before, i know an admin didn't kick him because it was my server and only i had admin privilages:
http://f.anyhub.net/1URy

Me and my friend where doing one on ones this game came on and played for about 20 minutes and them bam, he d/c'd with that.

Nice I wanna see this in black ops:D

Adzter790
02-23-2011, 04:15 AM
It was in CSS (forgot to mention that)