PDA

View Full Version : DLC help

ZEROmikey
02-06-2011, 03:45 AM
hey kinda new to HOI, and i bought the whole HOI3 pack with all the DLC and i'm not sure how to either activate them or use them because when i play i dont see any of the add-ons.

The Shoveler
02-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Right-click on "Hearts of Iron III" in your games library and select "View Downloadable Content". Everything listed in that window is what Steam thinks you own for it.

Select the Local Files tab and click Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

After that, everything should be downloaded and installed. Launch the game and if the main menu says Semper Fi at top then the expansion is installed. To see the new map sprite packs you need to zoom in on the map very close to the units to see them (and have them enabled in the game options).

Have fun - its a great game!

ZEROmikey
02-06-2011, 05:52 PM
hey thanks, so i checked out the "view downloadable content" have 9 items in there.
Ran a "verify integrity of game cache", came back saying one items needs to validate and will be reacquired. Then i'm assuming it does cause it downloads a small HOI3 file like 677 bytes.
so I start up HOI3 the sempi fi background is there, look into options no way to turn on/off add-ons or any of the DLC. Also opened up a game and looked in the options in-game.... nothing.
Am I just retarted hahah can can't find it?

ZEROmikey
02-06-2011, 09:33 PM
never mind the option is just named different then whats obvious. got it working thanks

The Shoveler
02-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Yeah sorry - the option was about the 'counters'. Glad you're working now!