PDA

View Full Version : Thief: DS Help Please - Can't Start Training Mission (CPU specs provided)

timotheus116
02-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Forgive my ignorance if this issue has already been addressed and I can't seem to find it. I've been searching the web for days now trying to find out what's up.

The game menus work absolutely gravy, even through clicking "New Game". But once I click Begin to go into the actual gameplay, the game always crashes to Desktop, no matter how low I set the graphics settings. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, but no change.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Jedi Academy, Oblivion and others work absolutely fine -- and they're all newer and much more graphics intensive than TDS.

I'm running a laptop (I know it says that laptops are unsupported for TDS, but there have been plenty of posters all over the web saying that it works on theirs, and that this is just a CYA on the developers' part, because they never tested TDS on a laptop).

Here are the specs of my CPU (just bought it new last month):

Presario CQ62 Notebook PC
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
Intel Celeron CPU 900 @ 2.2GHz
2GB RAM
Default Intel graphics card that came with the computer, with 797MB memory

All my drivers are up-to-date, as well.

Thanks to all for the time and attention to this issue. Been waiting a long time to play TDS, and would prefer to do so without having to purchase a new computer. :D

timotheus116
02-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Also, I've tried running TDS as an Admin, and also under XP compatibility mode (all service packs). Same problem, no change (except sometimes the game won't even start at all).

Thanks again.

Tozzifan
02-28-2011, 06:01 AM
did you try with the widescreen fixes? (widescreen fix & crash fix)