PDA

View Full Version : New RP Campaign Group Starting - Northern Cormyr

NWN DM
02-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Think back to a time when you and a group of friends met at someone's home and gathered around a kitchen table, or in a basement rec room to play Dungeons & Dragons.

Whether you met once a week at the same day/time, or at a few hastily scheduled gatherings established ad hoc throughout the month, everyone was there, playing the same PCs, and experiencing the same adventures collectively.

Re-capturing these memories and this game play experience is the essence of a NWN2 Campaign.

Using NWN2, players meet on-line at a pre-determined time/day/place to play through a campaign style of ongoing adventures. You get the chance to develop your character, participate and contribute to the efforts of your comrades, other PCs controlled by other players.

It's similar to choosing to spend your gaming time on a PW, with a few significant (IMO) differences;

- you always have a DM dedicated to interacting with your and your group
- you are rarely adventuring alone; you are part of a group of adventurers who all support each other just like in PnP
- aimless wandering is lessened because you have a DM delivering a plot and adventure
- there are no such things as timesinks, grinding, farming, muling, etc...

For anyone who read through this post, and is sitting at their computer thinking "that sounds like fun", respectfully I offer my campaign for your consideration.

Take a journey back to what you remember your D&D playing experience was like in the days before the WoW approach became predominant.

I've been DMing this NWN2 RP campaign since the fall of 2009. I currently have two separate groups of players, and am looking at adding a 3rd group.

The games are scheduled via the Neverwinter Connections (www.neverwinterconnections.com) website. The game page for the first session in this campaign is listed here (http://www.neverwinterconnections.com/games/index.cfm/fuseaction/displaygame/id/32361.htm).

If you are interested, drop by the game page, create an ID on NWC and send in a Player Application.

NWN DM
02-10-2011, 04:20 PM
We have three players for Saturday night... looking for three more.

Most needed classes include; Cleric, Rogue and/or Bard among others.

This will be the 3rd concurrent NWN2 campaign I am running... give it some thought if you enjoy a RP setting/approach.

ItzzNinja
02-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Holy crap, you sound a LOT better than my actual D&D DM. XD I'm getting the game tonight so I'll probably register soon.

kamalktk
02-11-2011, 10:01 AM
NWN DM has been elected to the DM hall of fame on the site for organizing MP play. So yes, he's really good.

NWN DM
02-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the kind words.

This game appears to have one spot left open right now... could use a Cleric of some sort, based on the current PC list.

tda-danny
02-12-2011, 05:03 PM
I would love to join, but I wont be available during this time =(. Are you planning only for Saturday nights for this group?

NWN DM
02-12-2011, 06:32 PM
I would love to join, but I wont be available during this time =(. Are you planning only for Saturday nights for this group?
For this group, yes.

However I run two other groups on alternating Wednesday evenings from 8-10 PM CST. PM me if you are interested in joining one of those.

NWN DM
02-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Next game is this coming Saturday... more info here (http://www.neverwinterconnections.com/games/index.cfm/fuseaction/displaygame/id/32371.htm).