PDA

View Full Version : Bug: Can't see tanks

Honzzzzzz
02-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Hi all,

I looked for a similar thread but couldn't find any.
Me and some friends are frequently having the problem that tanks are invisible for us. We know that this is a known bug and there was an update last year which should fix this problem but for me it just got worse the last weeks.
Some time ago it helped when I just restarted the game, later I needed to check the integrity of my game datas then it worked well agein, but nowadays nothing seems to help. It even happens that in one match I can see the tank, in the next one he is invisible to me again even though I didn't restart the game. How is this possible??
And how is it possible that a huge bug like this isn't fixed already even when its known for more then half a year?!?!!?
Has somebody at least an idea (which always works) what to do, when it happens again (apart from losing the game because of this **** and perish in hate)??

Adenru
02-07-2011, 01:20 AM
Have you got any addons installed?

Honzzzzzz
02-07-2011, 02:04 AM
Do you mean the official addons?
I've got the passing and sacrifice addons of course but no others..
I assume custom maps don't count as addons, or do they??
So you think it could have something to do with bad addons?

julmiZ
02-07-2011, 02:18 AM
fb.vpk (Freezer Burn)
Do you have that addon? If so, deactivate it. Some people had the same problem and mentioned that addon causing it.

You could also reinstall, verify integrity of game cache and defrag cache files. If you haven't tried those already.

RugbyOddjob
02-07-2011, 02:31 AM
Yup known bug but not Valve's fault beacuse it is caused by one or two addon maps (community made affairs). Freezer burn is the best know one, as julmiZ said, because the Tank had been modified.

Just remove ALL your additional maps and test until it happens again.

Zombi666
02-07-2011, 02:51 AM
That sounds cool! Invisible tanks

RugbyOddjob
02-07-2011, 02:53 AM
That sounds cool! Invisible tanks

Until you just see a ball of flames coming at you and wonder which is his head and which is his backside.

Not fun at all :(

Honzzzzzz
02-07-2011, 04:39 AM
Yup known bug but not Valve's fault beacuse it is caused by one or two addon maps (community made affairs). Freezer burn is the best know one, as julmiZ said, because the Tank had been modified.

Just remove ALL your additional maps and test until it happens again.

Ok, thanks I will try this one!

Mambini
02-07-2011, 06:00 AM
Or verify the intergrity of your files. You will never know..

JohannasGarden
02-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Ok, thanks I will try this one!

Verify first. I had this problem (I can't remember which custom I had recently played. I play a lot of them). I see them now and didn't delete any custom campaign files, and I think the change might have come after a weekly update didn't work so I verified.

If you do remember playing a custom campaign with modified tanks, though, you might want to delete just that one.

Growit
02-23-2011, 06:57 AM
One time the tank had hunter skin in sacrifice.
It was funny, i was like "oh hunter, eat my axe" and run ahead it...
Then i was hit to the water and i died... :D

There is some funny bugs in this game.

BTW, any idea about those "fire before spawn" bugs?
Seems like it holds like that end of the map, so that every SI is on fire before spawn.
I allready post it on the "official bug thread" but whataheck, i will post it here too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB6mYPfhu7o&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJfwjo51BhA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

RugbyOddjob
02-23-2011, 09:53 AM
One time the tank had hunter skin in sacrifice.
It was funny, i was like "oh hunter, eat my axe" and run ahead it...
Then i was hit to the water and i died... :D

There is some funny bugs in this game.

snip to save space

Your Hunter Tank was probably an Admin thing.

I've been on servers when what seemed to be an indistructable Boomer turned out to be Mr Tanky :eek:

Masterblaster73
02-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Freezer Burn definitely causes problems. Remove it. For me it made white tanks, not invisible, but it could.
Also try messing with SHADER DETAIL (up or down). I get rid of Disco effect with this also if not set right, I show no fire on tank when he is lit.

Method320
02-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Wow. Thanks guys, I have this same problem. Removed l4d2 and l4d2 Addons and reinstalling fixed the problem. I have yet to remove freezer burn so I imagine this will happen again. Going to remove it now. :)

kamicasu
05-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Or verify the intergrity of your files. You will never know..

nop that dont work i already tryed but still same bug, anyways i already reinstall but didnt test but soon ill and them i replay the ferdback

Masterblaster73
05-30-2012, 06:25 AM
Remove all VPK's from your addons folder. Restart L4D2 and play. Can you see the tank? When I have this problem it is always a new custom campaign that caused it. If this works, put your VPK back in small groups to identify which one was causing the problem.

You can also try changing the video shader settings.

Threesixtyci
05-30-2012, 07:17 AM
nop that dont work i already tryed but still same bug, anyways i already reinstall but didnt test but soon ill and them i replay the ferdback

This thread is over a year old. You should have created a new one. You don't even mention what problem you have....