PDA

View Full Version : Why does ASUS service take so long?

A Guy
02-07-2011, 03:59 PM
They've had my computer for 3 and a half weeks already, not including the shipping time. This is ridiculous, they haven't even contacted me or emailed me any kind of status updates at all, not even a confirmation that they received the package. I have to contact them by phone to check the status. Fixing a computer should only take 1 day, not 1 month.

Is it normal to take this long to fix a computer? I am probably never getting a warranty again.

Eriako
02-07-2011, 04:02 PM
It took four weeks for Compaq to put a new fan in my old laptop. It was three phones calls before they'd even accept it, they just kept saying "Oh update BIOS" over and over. >_<

A Guy
02-10-2011, 10:27 PM
It's been a month now! :mad:

What do I do? I can't just let them get away with this!

Aemony
02-10-2011, 10:49 PM
It's been a month now! :mad:

What do I do? I can't just let them get away with this!

Contact them. ASUS in my country seems to work after 'one month' basis, in which case if they don't fix it within that time they give you a new computer, or something :S

Anyway, the time it takes is highely depended on the matter at hand and priorities. I was lucky when I had to RMA my new computer the day after I bought it (unlucky) because within three weeks of arriving at ASUS they'd switched out most of the main parts in the laptop.

Now, I'm actually thinking of RMA it again because they forgot to plug in the keyboard lights and my HDD seems to be faulty, sometimes BSOD:ing on waking up from sleep.

But call or e-mail them and ask what happens. I did and they told me the computer had been fixed, it was only going to be shipped out the next day.

A Guy
02-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Contact them. ASUS in my country seems to work after 'one month' basis, in which case if they don't fix it within that time they give you a new computer, or something :S

Is that the US?

But call or e-mail them and ask what happens. I did and they told me the computer had been fixed, it was only going to be shipped out the next day.

I've been calling them and they don't tell me anything useful, just that they're still working on it.

Aemony
02-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Is that the US?

I've been calling them and they don't tell me anything useful, just that they're still working on it.

No, sadly it isn't in the US. In my own country ASUS has been very understanding and quick to respond (5m e-mail, 15m Facebook) in a good fashion. The only anxiety I felt was after the computer had been away for three weeks and I'd yet to hear a single thing about it, even if it had been received or not.

Though I must say that it is probably because ASUS hires the company LetMeRepair to provides the repair service in certain areas of the EU, and they put customer satisfaction as one of their highest priorities.

rotNdude
02-11-2011, 11:02 AM
What else you gonna do? Sue them? They do it because they can do it.

LesMoore
02-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Personally, I would have someone I know just build me a rig so you don't have to go through the stuff you are experiencing now in terms of finding out what the status is, the down time, etc.

A Guy
02-11-2011, 12:12 PM
What else you gonna do? Sue them? They do it because they can do it.

And how do they expect to have any customers when their service takes this long? One thing I will do is never buy ASUS again and recommend not getting ASUS to everyone I know, like I already do for Logitech.

Personally, I would have someone I know just build me a rig so you don't have to go through the stuff you are experiencing now in terms of finding out what the status is, the down time, etc.

I would have built it, if it weren't a laptop.