PDA

View Full Version : What the hell happened here?

krameriffic
02-08-2011, 12:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTjhE-OLiNw

So I'm on jungle, playing. I'm running along through a puddle and I drop dead through the ground. It says in the kill messages quite clearly that I was shot by some dude with an M16 which.. I wasn't. I show his PoV in the second half, and he is not even shooting at me, yet he hits me and kills me. He has no line of sight on me. He's not even close to me.

What?

Edit: And I almost forgot, this death caused my sound to suddenly and irreparably stop in game. /snd_restart didn't help, I had to restart it to fix it. This is the second time in as many days that I've had my sound drop out completely and I can only fix it by restarting the game.

Ave07
02-08-2011, 12:17 AM
He shot you first and you fell through the map, happens all the time.

krameriffic
02-08-2011, 12:40 AM
He shot you first and you fell through the map, happens all the time.

Did you watch the video? He wasn't shooting at me. I wasn't even on his screen. I was on the other side of the map from him. There is no way in heaven or hell he was shooting me.

Abys72
02-08-2011, 12:56 AM
That exactly same thing happened yesterday to several guys on a HC server we were playing. Some weird glitch were we suddenly lost sound completely. Can't remember if we also died, no killcam in HC.

Only game restart helped.

krameriffic
02-08-2011, 12:58 AM
That exactly same thing happened yesterday to several guys on a HC server we were playing. Some weird glitch were we suddenly lost sound completely. Can't remember if we also died, no killcam in HC.

Yeah the sound shutoff thing happened to me and a friend of mine on another game the other day too. No weird death bugs that time, but our sound shut off with a popping noise. Nobody else on the server complained about it, so I just assumed it was some really freak thing.

Then it happened again.

billywizz5
02-08-2011, 02:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTjhE-OLiNw

So I'm on jungle, playing. I'm running along through a puddle and I drop dead through the ground. It says in the kill messages quite clearly that I was shot by some dude with an M16 which.. I wasn't. I show his PoV in the second half, and he is not even shooting at me, yet he hits me and kills me. He has no line of sight on me. He's not even close to me.

What?

Edit: And I almost forgot, this death caused my sound to suddenly and irreparably stop in game. /snd_restart didn't help, I had to restart it to fix it. This is the second time in as many days that I've had my sound drop out completely and I can only fix it by restarting the game.

Same thing happed on HC S&D a player shot 3 people in different parts of the map on jungle with one bullet.

when watching theatre the 3 players at the begining of the round were spawned from their spawn to under the bridge and all died.

Very odd but quite funny.

Bierkip
02-08-2011, 03:01 AM
Well, what would you expect with a name like that. It's bound to glitch!

Alcoa
02-08-2011, 03:13 AM
I've seen alot of those videos lately and at first I thought this bug isn't that very common but it seems like it is happening to everyone ;). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6DnXFbayAo

TracerNZ
02-08-2011, 07:16 AM
I had the same thing without the sound glitch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqHHNWoaKbE

Staffan
02-08-2011, 07:25 AM

Same thing for me. Got "shot" by someone across the map, then the sound failed. All i heard was a constant tone.

weedo
02-08-2011, 07:29 AM
That is some weird ♥♥♥♥, I would like to see this one explained xD

zamb
02-08-2011, 07:35 AM
hrm I die or get shot so many time, really why the fuss over 1 stupid random kill? Maybe someone else shot you or something! get over it stop complaining about small matters. really.

tiabemalf
02-08-2011, 11:31 AM
knifed a window on firing range
killed a guy and he lost connection half a minute later