PDA

View Full Version : Post Release Updates

snivilous
02-08-2011, 01:33 PM
So, I was looking through the Alien Swarm forum and people were complaining how Valve just stopped/never added content or updates. As Interwave is not Valve, though is using the Source engine, I was wondering if you guys plan to try and make this a really big game. Will people be able to make custom maps for it? Will you release new maps and content? Will this be like TF2 with how you guys manage the community?

Orange Ninja
02-08-2011, 01:50 PM
I'll answer your questions with what I already know from what IW had said in the past (you can also search for them on this forum):

1) Yes, an SDK will be released for the community to make custom maps.
2) Yes, new official maps will be released post game release.
3) Manage the community like TF2? If you mean hats, then no.

tschumann
02-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Didn't they say somewhere that there'd be two major updates post release?

RagnarH
02-09-2011, 02:37 AM
I like hats... I don't like being asked to pay $20 a hat, to be able to be at all competitive in a game I already paid for.

Silverfell
02-10-2011, 02:15 AM
No hats.

We are currently planning two major content updates to complete the game as we designed it, as we could simply not cram everything we dreamt up in the time we had.

One will add AI - bots and drones so that commanders and players alike can command a range of units ingame. The other will add two to three levels, and at least a couple of major game modes.

We're being sketchy with details on purpose - we won't be able to properly develop those packs until the community give us full feedback on what they'd like first in the game they just bought.