PDA

View Full Version : What's people's first impressions

GreyMack
02-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Just got the nod that the game has been released and i'm wondering how your all finding it?
I had the previous game and i must admit i found there was a shortage of real people to race against, perhaps i bought the game too late in it's life ?

25 doesn't seem to bad so is it any good and are there plenty of human racers out there?

Spaxspore
02-08-2011, 02:52 PM
The story still bugs me in the beginning.

Goes something like this

(you are a valet parking guy/girl sleeping in her car)

"What! your late!" -rich stereotype girl
"im calling my rich daddy"
talks to dad, dad fires you.

Girl- "can you drive me to the set for my big show"
(i am thinking, dude you just fired me and now you want me to drive your Ferrari a mile or so to your job. makes zero sense).

After that she somehow decides to help you become a racer after she just got you fired. Makes sense? NO!.. But its written by the French so who knows . One last thing, the voice acting in the beginning is worst than all those cheezy syfy movies they keep putting on.

Ive only played a short bit, but if first impressions go, its not very exciting.

I like the early car choices, graphics are average, not bad but not stealer. Engine sounds , well sound pretty generic.
Physics feels like im driving something that weighs 5tons in my light lotus. Driving experiance, meh feels like well hard to explain but i feel no sense of speed even @ 200 kph. Dont buy this if you want a hardcore driving sim.

If you want a game to just fire up, collect cars and cruise around with friends than get it for that.

dddestro
02-08-2011, 04:13 PM
My first impressions... mmmm... well i get this error at lauch.

The game did not properly install on this system.
Please try to install the game again using the installer (DVD or downloaded installer).

If the problem persists, contact Atari technical support.

[ERROR #0a]

Is there anyone having the same issue. I don't want to download it all over again

Zikco
02-08-2011, 04:25 PM
...Is there anyone having the same issue. I don't want to download it all over again

Some have had to verify the game's files to get some files that didn't download properly.
Anything between 1GB and 4GB have been downloaded in those cases.
Might try that...

dddestro
02-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Some have had to verify the game's files to get some files that didn't download properly.
Anything between 1GB and 4GB have been downloaded in those cases.
Might try that...

Tkx but i tried that already. The files were validated.
i'm redownloading as we speak.
Hope it works

bummer
02-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Its a console port, Starts up wont go to full screen, wont allow you to set any options, click play and it starts you at some party on a roof top, still wont let me go to my options but yet its trying to teach me the controls already. Console Port Fail

NeKryXe
02-08-2011, 05:22 PM
the graphics are very weak, also i have a problem that i already mentioned that is showing me all cars windows and floors looks like mirrors. the avatars looks like dead corpse moving around :P

everything else looks great, i'm enjoying the gameplay.

Pietro
02-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Its a console port, Starts up wont go to full screen, wont allow you to set any options, click play and it starts you at some party on a roof top, still wont let me go to my options but yet its trying to teach me the controls already. Console Port Fail

Try hitting alt+enter

SentynelXS
02-09-2011, 05:37 AM
The story is like a driving game story... driving, driving, driving, blablabla, driving, go there... etc
the gameplay is good, the handling is not so bad (you need something like 30minute to understand how it works!)
the graphics are really good.
the cars are nice too, but there are to few brands.
the map is like the first test drive unlimited : HUGE!
there are many players playing in so that's a good point.

I recommande this game

Kazagi
02-09-2011, 05:52 AM
Its ok...Eurogamer gave it a 7, deserves a 6/10...Handling is non existant for wheel users...Ive bought it, so im gonna play it come what may...Im sure it will be patched, but at this present moment save your money...Not going to whine about it, just disapointed that the car physics are worse than TDU...

I'll get my moneys worth and enjoy it as much as possible...

GreyMack
02-09-2011, 05:52 AM
Cheers guys

Not sure i'm going to buy it now, on other threads it's getting absolutly slated for poor graphics, poor handling and a poor console port.

I might wait for a few official reviews.

MikoSquiz
02-09-2011, 07:46 AM
I'm OK with the graphics, handling, and port. But there's a lot of ♥♥♥♥ly little things..

In the tradition of Gran Turismo, they've put in a driving school bit you have to go through to qualify for races, which is much harder than the races. Classic. Why not put in a sequence where an animated 3-d butt farts in your face for two minutes while you're at it?

It's online-only and I can't find a way to disable the online features, so everywhere is full of identical shirtless zombies staring blankly at the walls. This also means you can't play it if the server is down or your internet is, I guess, but that's not as offputting as having to deal with random mooks from the Internet showing up in your game.

The default controls are stupid, and it starts windowed by default and you have to hit alt-enter to go full screen.

The graphics settings are vague and generalized; there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the hideous bloom effect while keeping things like motion blur turned on.

And before every race - even if it's a tricky 30-second driving school section you have to try half a dozen times within a few minutes - there's a bunch of flashy camera pans around your car, which are of course unskippable.

If the developers had a clue about what makes for an enjoyable player experience, or had decided to get some player experience testing done, every single one of these things would have been trivial to fix. But they don't, and they didn't, so they haven't.

Apart from all that lot, the actual driving and car collection bits are pretty good. Maybe wait for it to

MikoSquiz
02-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Holy crap, the forums censor the word "ni gg ly"? That's hilarious.

Mobius01
02-09-2011, 07:56 AM
The graphics settings are vague and generalized; there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the hideous bloom effect while keeping things like motion blur turned on.

That's console ports for ya :)

Doctor_Hades
02-09-2011, 08:12 AM

I have to say that was extremely annoying; to have to watch the start of the game with unbelievably low-quality visuals until I could finally pause the game and change the options.

What happened to having a main menu with Start Game, Options, Credits and Exit Game on it? :confused: