PDA

View Full Version : Can not start?

digiz
02-08-2011, 02:01 PM
After I click play in steam, game launcher launchers, I activate the game, game updates, click play, and error says the games needs to be launched by steam...any idea whats going on?

FunnkyFeel
02-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Same for me ...

sdhdgasd
02-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Same here...I get an endless black loading screen with a white spinning circle thingy on the right bottom after a click play.

MetalSlug
02-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Launched through Steam, activated with my main CD key, tried to log in with my Atari account...endless black screen with swirly loading dots.

Verrrrrry impressed so far, Atari/Eden.

sdhdgasd
02-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Launched through Steam, activated with my main CD key, tried to log in with my Atari account...endless black screen with swirly loading dots.

Where do you log in to your atari account?

MetalSlug
02-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Where do you log in to your atari account?

A box popped up for it in game right after I hit "Start" (by which the game means Enter...console ports FTW!).

Entered it, endless black loading screen until I gave up after 10 minutes.

Tried again. This time no Atari login box (guess it remembers from before?), just goes right to the endless black loading screen.

MetalSlug
02-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Just tried validating my install files.

"2 files failed to validate and will be re-acquired."

It's now downloading almost another 3GB.

Jesus Christ.

digiz
02-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Great so i uninstalled steam, copyed common folders...doesn't recognize TDU2, nice, clicked install, tryed to dl 14meg file but only went to 3mb and stoped, had to deleted folder and downloading the whole thing again.
I knew ordering things from steam whould cause stupid complications again (last order was HAWX2...)

sdhdgasd
02-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Just tried validating my install files.

It's now downloading almost another 3GB.

Jesus Christ.

Same here. Downlading 6.5GB.

MetalSlug
02-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Buyers from Amazon, D2D, the Atari online store, and Steam (including me) note that their copies of the game identify themselves as "QA v055" as though a late QA/beta build of the game was shipped for retail. Devs on the TDU2 forum offer assurances that this doesn't mean anything as long as you didn't get a physical disc that says QA on it.

This is getting kind of hilarious.

Edit: Mine is actually "QA v063."

Other people post screenshots showing that their DVD of the game is labeled "review" in their drives.

dumpeal
02-08-2011, 02:42 PM

Same problem for me I got an Endless black screen
Can't play the game :mad:

DownWithTheShip
02-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Looks like I have something to look forward to when I get home

sdhdgasd
02-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Ok, i finished downloading and it works fine now. Verifying the game cache fixes the problem.

dddestro
02-08-2011, 04:48 PM
I get this error message at launch

The game did not properly install on this system.
Please try to install the game again using the installer (DVD or downloaded installer).

If the problem persists, contact Atari technical support.

[ERROR #0a]

Is there anyone having the same issue. I did validate the files.

aidanlam
02-08-2011, 05:46 PM
I been getting the infinite load screen for a while....

I checked integrity like literally 20 times in total....
Every time i check, it re-downloads 600k but when i run the game, it gives me the infinite load screen and checking integrity again after yields that the same file is broken and redownloads the 600k -__- (subsequent checks without loading the game shows that everything is fine...so the game is 'corrupting' its own files...)

But after like doing this like 20 times, and at the verge of giving up, it's working now....-__-

Sysgen
02-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Got in once. Had to exit pretty quick. Now I get the launcher, click play and the game never starts.

Uprising3k
02-08-2011, 10:47 PM
I had the same issue. Verified the files were in order, it found 2 problems. Fixed them. Then I had to restart steam. Bingo, game works.

But, I can't seem to get it out of windowed mode. annoying as hell since my AV keeps popping up to idle scan.