PDA

View Full Version : Steam Phone Number?

VeronMoron
02-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Do they have a number I can call? My ticket in support is taking too long.

RighteousKnight
02-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Nope.

Edit: Learn something new each day. Thanks thejuice027.

B33 ENN
02-08-2011, 07:24 PM
There is no telephone contact facility for Steam Support. The online Support Account ticket system is the only method available for enquiries. It is likely there is a backlog as the last week or more has been very busy.

thejuice027
02-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Nope.

Actually, yes they do, but it's not a "toll free" number. But if you got long distance or live in Washington, you can get something from this number I think. 1-425-889-9642

jason98798
02-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Actually, yes they do, but it's not a "toll free" number. But if you got long distance or live in Washington, you can get something from this number I think. 1-425-889-9642

Thats their company, silly.

VeronMoron
02-08-2011, 07:51 PM

Thanks, it's probably after business hours right now, So ill try again tomorrow.

B33 ENN
02-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks, it's probably after business hours right now, So ill try again tomorrow.

That number is a business line for Valve Software, you cannot call that number to get support for Steam related problems.

Matt
02-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Support is handled via the support site. There would be no need to call that number.

Silicon Vampire
02-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Support is handled via the support site. There would be no need to call that number.

And you will not be able to contact support through that number.

Matt
02-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Do they have a number I can call? My ticket in support is taking too long.

What is your ticket number?

BurtonJ
02-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Hello VeronMoron,

Any updates on this? I'd appreciate your support ticket reference number when you get a chance.

ozipk
07-18-2012, 03:06 AM
Been a year now, did you ever get any help and how long did it take?

Edit: I posted their number here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=31778170#post31778170

MonkeySeeker
07-18-2012, 03:47 AM
Been a year now, did you ever get any help and how long did it take?

Edit: I posted their number here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=31778170#post31778170

That isn't a number for Steam support and won't get you anywhere. Stop posting that.

ozipk
07-18-2012, 03:51 AM
That isn't a number for Steam support and won't get you anywhere. Stop posting that.

I've got nothing else to do seeing as they won't let me play MY OWN GAMES which I PAYED FOR.

That number WILL get you through to Valve, and Steamsupport will have a number that these guys will know. Its unlikely they'd give it up as obviously Steam does not want their support team bothered by requests for help.

cylon
07-18-2012, 05:24 AM
I've got nothing else to do seeing as they won't let me play MY OWN GAMES which I PAYED FOR.

That number WILL get you through to Valve, and Steamsupport will have a number that these guys will know. Its unlikely they'd give it up as obviously Steam does not want their support team bothered by requests for help.

So they wouldn't publish a number "because they don't want to get bothered by requests for help", but its ok to ring another number bothering other people, who then put you through to someone else, who you then "bother with a request for help" ?

DON'T ring them, if you have a support issue deal with it via the support ticketing system, if you feel your ticket is taking longer than needed (and don't think that 2 or 3 days is "too long") then you can try asking here, Burton jumped in and asked the OP when the post was made but we never had any response from the OP.

OBVIOUSLY they have "A" telephone number, they probably have over 200 telephone numbers, but you can't go around ringing random people for help OR contact for help when you've been told that support is online ONLY. If they do it for person A - they have to do it for persons B - Z and the other 6 million people that then ring up after they hear they can ring for an answer!

ozipk
07-18-2012, 05:47 AM
So they wouldn't publish a number "because they don't want to get bothered by requests for help", but its ok to ring another number bothering other people, who then put you through to someone else, who you then "bother with a request for help" ?

DON'T ring them, if you have a support issue deal with it via the support ticketing system, if you feel your ticket is taking longer than needed (and don't think that 2 or 3 days is "too long") then you can try asking here, Burton jumped in and asked the OP when the post was made but we never had any response from the OP.

OBVIOUSLY they have "A" telephone number, they probably have over 200 telephone numbers, but you can't go around ringing random people for help OR contact for help when you've been told that support is online ONLY. If they do it for person A - they have to do it for persons B - Z and the other 6 million people that then ring up after they hear they can ring for an answer!

Firstly, the rules say no back seat moderating. Also why are you even defending them? Do you think its right they have no contact no.?

If I lived in the US I would ring that no. and they would be able to get me in contact with support. I can't but I encourage others to do so. We are the customers, they don't want to lose us, their method is just to ignore problems and hope that the user will self resolve them and go back to buying Steam products. But by talking to them you don't give them an opportunity to hide and they have to either help you or not, and they can't use the excuse "we never got your message" or w/e.

I will never understand people who back up these big companies, maybe you're too young. But before companies like this existed, if you had a problem with a company, you talk to them, and either they resolve the problem or you leave them.