PDA

View Full Version : "special founders rates" available with the steam purchase?

rooawash
02-09-2011, 12:10 AM
I recall on the trion website that you can purchase the game for 50$ and pay 10$ a month if you buy 6 months at a time. Is this available if I pre-ordered through steam? Im in the beta right now so Im not sure if that affects it.

dannythefool
02-09-2011, 01:36 AM
The founders rate is available to all subscribers who subscribe before March 15th. Where you bought the game is of no consequence.

Elegance
02-09-2011, 01:38 AM
yes they are available, i got mine yesterday, when you input the preorder code from steam they will ask you to pick a subscription.

rooawash
02-09-2011, 01:08 PM
alright, thanks for the info

/topic

Askjosh
02-09-2011, 02:01 PM
do note though that you will not get your pre order items during the head start if you have the retail box copy of the game. As far as I know only the Digital versions will receive their in game items during head start.

also there is another thread in this forum with info on how you can save 20% off on the game if you haven't already purchased it.

With that being said if you are a TF2 gamer then you might want to just pay full price and get it from Steam as you will also get 2 in game items for TF2 by purchasing from steam.

gfoxcook
02-10-2011, 12:58 AM
do note though that you will not get your pre order items during the head start if you have the retail box copy of the game. As far as I know only the Digital versions will receive their in game items during head start.

I was reading some threads on the official RIFT forums, and apparently there is a way with a retail code (where on earth you'd get that, I don't know) to have the mount and the pet during the head start, but unfortunately not the extra backpack space.

It was apparently a compromise the developers came to so that the retail folks aren't completely left out of the bonuses.

Friendliest
02-18-2011, 02:07 AM
It was apparently a compromise the developers came to so that the retail folks aren't completely left out of the bonuses.

why don't they just "compromise" on giving everyone everything?!

stupid )(*@&#$)(*@&#% modern game industry. :(

ClayMeow
02-18-2011, 09:32 AM
I was reading some threads on the official RIFT forums, and apparently there is a way with a retail code (where on earth you'd get that, I don't know) to have the mount and the pet during the head start, but unfortunately not the extra backpack space.

Here's the official post:
http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?60344-Collector-s-Edition-and-Headstart

You cannot get the bag because they wouldn't be able to remove it if a CE key isn't entered, whereas the mount and pet can easily be removed.

gfoxcook
02-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Here's the official post:
http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?60344-Collector-s-Edition-and-Headstart

You cannot get the bag because they wouldn't be able to remove it if a CE key isn't entered, whereas the mount and pet can easily be removed.

Ah, interesting. I didn't remember (if it was stated in the OP of that thread) what the reason for the bag being left out was.

Also, thanks for posting the link since my lazy ♥♥♥ didn't. :)