PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer

Skopjanec
02-09-2011, 01:23 PM
what kind of multiplayer is it going to have? somethink like deathmatch or just playing the campains from singleplayer with online friends?

Darksider1972
02-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Brink is a first-person shooter built around a story mode playable online with up to 8 players in a co-operative style, against bots, or in competitive team-against-team multi-player.

J. Farrell
02-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Yes, you play the Single Player Campaigns against other people.

And no, it is not Deathmatch, it is centered around the objective, if you're looking for mindless killing BRINK is not for you.

Darksider1972
02-09-2011, 03:28 PM

And no, it is not Deathmatch, it is centered around the objective, if you're looking for mindless killing BRINK is not for you.

With Dedicated Servers and If they release the SDK for Brink as well, Deathmatch modes won't be too far away from the modding community.

alihunter
02-09-2011, 07:09 PM
With Dedicated Servers and If they release the SDK for Brink as well, Deathmatch modes won't be too far away from the modding community.

with or without servers,the maps are designed to be objective,no matter how hard people try to change the rules.SDK is big doubt.

Parliamentarian
02-09-2011, 08:37 PM
with or without servers,the maps are designed to be objective,no matter how hard people try to change the rules.SDK is big doubt.

Who's to say there won't be an objective of "Kill the other team?"

Darksider1972
02-09-2011, 11:20 PM

Umm custom maps bro, eventually modders will make their own maps, it's a given, Splash Damage have releaseed SDKS with their past games so best bet there would be a SDK for BRiNK as well.

Xerotype X
02-10-2011, 06:50 AM
It will have similar gameplay/objectives as Wolfenstein Enemy Territory and Quake Wars

FrontlinerDelta
02-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Deathmatch servers...please tell me they won't be so popular that that's all you'll find.

Objectives make the game much more interesting and strategic than simple kill counts.

Quint
02-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Who's to say there won't be an objective of "Kill the other team?"

there won't be.Check Quake wars.Only with SDK if SD releases it,then you will get your custom *boring* team deathmatch.

ChEcKZ MY l33T SKilLz n00BzZ!!!

FrontlinerDelta
02-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Yeah I'm sorry but if you want TDM it's not like there aren't a hundred games out there already.

Take your pick from CoD to UT3. For those who want objective based MP, that's MUCH more limited to Battlefield and the like.

methodman123
02-13-2011, 10:09 PM
8v8 only? man i wish it was 16v16

Kewp
02-13-2011, 10:36 PM
8v8 only? man i wish it was 16v16

ya never know, there might be mods and stuff for this game which will allow for more players

i like the 8v8, makes for fast pace action

Skopjanec
03-20-2011, 05:08 PM
red orchestra will have 32 vs 32 :)

Kapsapeer
04-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Because more players = better game... right.

andredoc
04-02-2011, 04:41 PM

Yea not always, really depends on the game mechanics and features. But yea, Brink is fine right now with what we've seen so far, concerning map sizes and so on...

Skopjanec
04-03-2011, 03:43 PM
yeah thats true :)

Darkunov
04-05-2011, 06:43 PM

Actually, I guess it could be if you play as a soldier.

Skopjanec
04-30-2011, 02:49 PM
i like this game to have deathmatch ,teamdeathmatch ,capture the flag - something like this!~

Indirect
04-30-2011, 03:55 PM

SDK a big doubt? Go back to call of duty please, we enjoy our creativity.

Robotkio
04-30-2011, 04:29 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see people mod Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch into the game, but I would be surprised to see it become popular since the game doesn't track KDR. Though I suppose the same people who mod Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch into the game could mod in a visible KDR tracker. Not exactly something I would look forward to.
SDK a big doubt? Go back to call of duty please, we enjoy our creativity.
I think he's referencing that SD have not confirmed mod tools for the game yet. That's still up in the air and subject to doubt since they haven't said much about it. I don't think he's trying to offend anyone here.
what kind of multiplayer is it going to have? somethink like deathmatch or just playing the campains from singleplayer with online friends?
It's closer to playing multiplayer maps as the single player campaign. All maps will, essentially, be Team Deathmatch with a large number of objectives for each team to complete depending on what stage the map is on. The maps are all going to be the same whether it's multiplayer, single player or co-op. The only difference is the level of humans and AI playing. All your friends and enemies will be AI controlled on single player. In co-op only one team can have people join it and the other team is AI controlled. In multiplayer both teams can fill up with players. In all modes AI is used to fill up empty slots so that each team has the full 8 players. The game was designed so that there was no differences between game modes other than the number of characters controlled by AI, you gain experience and unlocks no matter how you play the game.

I really like the idea. If I'm playing online and keep loosing, I can switch over to single player and just play against bots. If my friends want to join me against the bots they can. Then if we decide we're kicking enough butt we could take it back online again.

Parliamentarian
04-30-2011, 04:31 PM
SD have not confirmed mod tools for the game yet.

Yes they have. :rolleyes:

BuckarooBanzai
04-30-2011, 05:01 PM
reading takes a lot of effort, making rash proclimations based on personal feelings is much easier. give the little sperger a break :cool:

Robotkio
04-30-2011, 05:36 PM
I guess I missed that, I took a look for information on it and couldn't find anything. My bad. Can I get a link? My Google-fu is obviously weak.

Bluecewe
05-02-2011, 04:22 AM

Red Orchestra is a World War Two Russian front first person shooter that is very precise to detail. It can practically support 64 players as it supports massive maps.

Brink has smaller maps and smaller maximum players allowed in servers because it falls in-line with the storyline and makes the teamwork experience better and more easily deployable.

But regarding the question of the topic; the single player, multi player and co-op experiences are supposed to be fully integrated into one immersive experience. This includes dedicated servers for the multi player that supports up to 16 players.

Indirect
05-02-2011, 05:28 AM

Ro2 is a completely different game, so... yes.

Skopjanec
05-10-2011, 02:27 PM
how is the multiplayer ? somebody played?

Hatebreader
05-10-2011, 02:34 PM
I like how the community is doing there best to keep people that like this type of game in while pushing away the ones that love COD and
BC:2.

Plus it keeps the baby's away and makes for some really fun games.

Skopjanec
05-11-2011, 09:22 AM
can u tell me how is the multi?