PDA

View Full Version : Steering Sensitivity...

davida50000
02-09-2011, 03:37 PM
I don't know if its just me... But does anyone else find it VERY difficult to drive in this game ?

Whenever I make a slight movement of the wheel and try to correct it slightly by steering in the opposite direction the car usually just spins out of control or I end up crashing into a wall or tree or something. Because of this I am finding it impossible to complete even the driving school...

As well as this, when your in game and move the mouse around, there seems to be a slight delay on the mouse movement, i know some games do this, but it really is frustrating, when i move the mouse, i prefer an immediate response, not a slow and sluggish wait...

Before anyone says, its not my computer that is lagging and causing the slugishness, i can run everything on high with no issues, and ive tried on low settings and still get the same issues...

Usually i don't judge a game from the start..but im really disappointed in this, i was expecting a LOT LOT more...

And what was with that bug with the windowed screen, how did they not pick that up before the release of the game?

Stagg
02-09-2011, 03:40 PM
I don't know if its just me... But does anyone else find it VERY difficult to drive in this game ?

Whenever I make a slight movement of the wheel and try to correct it slightly by steering in the opposite direction the car usually just spins out of control or I end up crashing into a wall or tree or something. Because of this I am finding it impossible to complete even the driving school...

As well as this, when your in game and move the mouse around, there seems to be a slight delay on the mouse movement, i know some games do this, but it really is frustrating, when i move the mouse, i prefer an immediate response, not a slow and sluggish wait...

Before anyone says, its not my computer that is lagging and causing the slugishness, i can run everything on high with no issues, and ive tried on low settings and still get the same issues...

Usually i don't judge a game from the start..but im really disappointed in this, i was expecting a LOT LOT more...

And what was with that bug with the windowed screen, how did they not pick that up before the release of the game?

No, the steering is fine. The real problem is braking. I barely press the pedal and lock brakes, which makes driving accurately impossible.

Babungus
02-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Drives fine for me using a 360 controller. You can feather the brakes or steering nps. I'm not sure I know any arcade game that plays well with a simulation wheel set up. Ever played Ridge Racer at an arcade? ... yikes.

You might have allot more fun if you don't use a steering wheel... just sayin'.

Stagg
02-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Drives fine for me using a 360 controller. You can feather the brakes or steering nps. I'm not sure I know any arcade game that plays well with a simulation wheel set up. Ever played Ridge Racer at an arcade? ... yikes.

You might have allot more fun if you don't use a steering wheel... just sayin'.

No wheel, no fun. Anyway, feathering the brake pedal doesn't work since it seems to work like an on/off switch... Press the pedal a little and you are still doing 200km/h press it further down and the brakes will lock causing unrealistic massive deceleration.

BFP
02-09-2011, 04:24 PM
There is a setting in controls to increase the braking linearity, play with that a bit, it really helps with the braking issue.

Game plays fine on my G27 after messing with the settings a little bit.

Stagg
02-09-2011, 04:40 PM
There is a setting in controls to increase the braking linearity, play with that a bit, it really helps with the braking issue.

Game plays fine on my G27 after messing with the settings a little bit.

Happens with any linearity setting, it's just less horrible at 100%.

Butch_N
02-09-2011, 04:56 PM

Whenever I make a slight movement of the wheel and try to correct it slightly by steering in the opposite direction the car usually just spins out of control or I end up crashing into a wall or tree or something.Yes, the game has poor support for steering wheel. It has a laggy, wandering feel to the steering when using a wheel. What is happening is you are probably overcorrecting, since the laggy response of the steering is slightly behind your actual input.
This is a long known issue and we are trying to get it fixed.
Read and post here, if this interest you:
http://forums.testdriveunlimited2.com/showthread.php?t=22942

Anyway, for now you can lower the rotation of your wheel. That will help improve the precision. The lower the better.

Happens with any linearity setting, it's just less horrible at 100%.
Oh yeah, meant to add. The brakes and clutch are digital, not analog. The Linearity setting is only a delay in the switches reaction to the input.
This is also something we are trying to get fixed, also mentioned in the link above.

xyzzytdu2
02-09-2011, 05:07 PM
my steering has been much better [g25] since i put logitech setting at 250degrees, and told tdu2 to detect my device and accept tdu2 g25wheel defaults, course i had to rebind my favorite buttons again, like 'confirm' to a handy button for frims,,