PDA

View Full Version : question about shotguns.

Zareth
02-09-2011, 11:05 PM
I notice a lot of people with very low accuracy, 20% or less (Though my stats page is bugged, 2% accuracy with tact shotgun, 117% with M16, 130% with Uzi?)

Does accuracy account for each pellet, or each shot?

Darth Z
02-09-2011, 11:10 PM
It's each shot. And some shots kill multiple enemies.

Like 1 shots kills 2 enemies is 200% accuracy.

That's why you can have over 100% accuracy. Of course didn't think it was possible with automatic weapons...Maybe it counts shooting gas tanks /etc as 1 shot with many kills.

As for the 2%...idk exactly unless you spent a long time shooting nothing, or rarely use it.

Buick72
02-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Stats pages are often bugged and misleading. Sometimes some stats will be erased and some will stay. So over a long period of time they are just a bunch of random numbers. Some people are lucky and don't have this issue. Though according to my l4d1 stats I survive 746% of the games I play.

Shotguns seem to be numbered oddly, as I constantly get 75-90% accuracy in game, but my stats pages says like, 20%

I almost always get 75-90% accuracy with shotguns in game, expert co-op anyway. At the end it will say so in the credits. Though on my stats page is says 18-23% I forget which. It's like, in l4d1, you could go through a whole campaign with a pump shotgun, on normal, and not miss one shot. At the end, your accuracy will will be as low 20% even if you had 1 shot, 1 kill every time.

Since I almost always kill in 1 shot, aside from tanks and chargers, the numbers seem odd. It's like it's counting pellets hit per shot, instead of kills per shot like all the other guns.

commander zombi
02-10-2011, 08:23 AM
yea shotguns are good but bad part is when the bots take your kills

Threesixtyci
02-10-2011, 11:59 AM
I think it's based on pellet hit percentage for shotguns, and each shot for everything else.

Valve most likely used a simplified way to tally the percentages. The stats are likely tied into the specs of each gun. In that the shotguns have a value for bullets higher than 1, and all bullet weapons are set to 1. I imagine it was an oversight on their part and by the time they noticed it, it was probably too late to do anything about it without getting a bunch of complaints of mismatched stats, or why did my stats reset and such.

The credit percentages are likely not tied to the specs of the individual guns, they are probably based on a sound effect counter or something. The stats page keeps tracks of damage and all sorts of other things which would all have to reference the coded specs of each gun. The credit stats likely don't bother referencing the individual gun specs.

In which case to get a percentage over 100% for a shotgun, every pellet would have to hit in the 90% range, as well as over 10% of those, penetrating through multiple targets. Which is just not going to happen.