PDA

View Full Version : Is this game some sort of joke?

Gleasonator
02-09-2011, 11:34 PM
How can you limit this game to 2 players max and possibly think that it's a good idea to release it? I was really excited to hear this game was coming to PC because it's a FAMILY GAME (note the category it falls under in Steam) and I wanted to play it with my FAMILY.

I'm tired of being a PC gamer and always getting the ♥♥♥♥ty end of the deal with garbage like this. While I dislike it, I can sort of understand why games like Call of Duty for PC don't have local split-screen because they have a campaign mode that has value in single player, as well as online modes. But this doesn't even have an online mode. IF I WANTED TO PLAY SINGLE PLAYER, I'D JUST GO TO SPORKLE (http://www.sporcle.com/) AND NOT WASTE $20.

But games like this are supposed to be social anyway! The whole fun of it is being in the room with your friends or family and yelling or laughing about the questions, or about who's winning and whatnot.

Seriously, this has to be the worst development team ever. Could not be bothered to even include 360 controller support, I guess because they were planning on mashing two people together onto a keyboard. Even the Super Meat Boy team, who had basically no money and worked from their bedrooms added 360 controller support to their video game. Same goes for the Magicka team, who added online AND local multiplayer (up to 4 players) with 360 controller support.

And yet an experienced development team like this couldn't? WHAT IS THIS?

EntropyGuard
02-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Here's Jellyvision's response on twitter:

@Chronomaster Aren't most PC players too fat to fit more than two at a keyboard?

mengesb
02-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Here's Jellyvision's response on twitter:

Originally Posted by @youdontknowjack
@Chronomaster Aren't most PC players too fat to fit more than two at a keyboard?

LOL! That's the kind of honesty I like in my publishers! To be honest, the online multiplayer would make more sense. I do hope they push this as an update in the near future - afterall they have the Steam framework to leverage... I would think it might be pretty easy!

l4d3
02-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Play it like family feud.

LesMoore
03-03-2011, 06:03 PM
The game is a lot of fun...

Prisoner416
12-26-2011, 01:33 PM
The game is a lot of fun...

Except for the fact that it totally spits in the face of EVERY OTHER game in the YDKJ series, and is full of bugs...

commanderkai
07-24-2012, 02:04 AM
This has to be a troll post. Very few, if any computer games (non-flash, anyway) ever have split screen for games.