PDA

View Full Version : I like the game a lot so far

Louisville15
02-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Honestly, I'm not sure what everyone has a problem with. Quick impressions (after about 4 hours)...

+Graphics look REALLY nice at times (such as in a dealership, or during the day), and just good at other times (such as the starting Esprit at night for some reason, looks cartoony)
+Runs fine (i7 930, 2x 470 SC, 6GB RAM)
+The way you can challenge people is really fluid, just a matter of tapping A (360 gamepad) a couple of times and you're set.
+Reminds me a lot of the first (i.e. it's fun just to cruise around; if you hated that in the first you probably wont like it here either
+Plenty of people playing online, not too crowded but you can always find someone to challenge
+Menus are nice
+Handling isn't THAT bad, but is kind of different. Reminds me a LOT of NFS:HP in that the handbrake can work wonders for cornering

-For some reason, I can no longer zoom in/out. I've posted about this over on the main forums so hopefully it'll get fixed.
-The sounds are really quiet for some reason
-The story is lol worthy, but I wasn't expecting much, it's a racing game after all.

I'd definitely recommend it, I'm not sure where all of the hate is coming from.

Stagg
02-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Honestly, I'm not sure what everyone has a problem with.

Piss poor wheel support and dumbed down handling.

UpInYa
02-10-2011, 09:52 AM
there are haters everywhere for everything. You are entitled to your own opinion, if you enjoy it then great just make sure you don't let people's sour attitudes dismay you.

PL4NB
02-10-2011, 10:02 AM
thats all noskilled crybabys...this game is great after the first 2-3 hours! damn they only have to learn how to drive xD but fine, less noskilled idiots then =)

all others have to buy this!

JetFuel
02-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Agree with OP. Don't know why people say graphics are crap. I have everything maxed with 4x AA. Its so stunning. It also works wonders with 360 pad.

If anyone wanna add me as friend feel free. SexyToshi

Sonicdawn
02-10-2011, 10:48 AM
thats all noskilled crybabys...this game is great after the first 2-3 hours! damn they only have to learn how to drive xD but fine, less noskilled idiots then =)

all others have to buy this!

Once again you are missing the point, this game does not require any skills whatsoever, the handling is way to simplified and that's what makes it bad, it feels like driving a train no matter what car you drive so basically a 2 year old could play it.