PDA

View Full Version : Do you drink Coca-Cola&#174 while gaming?

MPGeorge
02-10-2011, 08:31 PM
I find it is the best drink to have while gaming, it keeps me alert and awake long nights when I am doing an all nighter.

BTW just curious how much do you pay for standard 2 lt. (67.628 oz)

Cause here in Australia $3.78 2Lt. on special is about the best price.

Anlashok
02-10-2011, 08:34 PM
About everyone I know is drinking coke while they are gaming. I don't drink soda anymore really but when I did I liked Pepsi better. I don't get it though. Is this like a new fad or something everyone drinking coke all the sudden? I mean I know it has always been kinda popular but this is like getting insane.

spacebug
02-10-2011, 08:35 PM
I don't even drink Coca-Cola® while gaming.

k*nel
02-10-2011, 08:37 PM
i hardly drink soda, if i do it's sprite. if i do drink something while playing its either coffee, tea or water, depending on the time of day.

Anlashok
02-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Thank you, then I know im not the only one at least lol.. it seems all my friends will make the comment before we start playing, "just a sec, gonna grab a coke and some chips or something like that" Heck I don't eat or drink at all when I play. Maybe i just dont have the skills to do both at the same time lol.

Tannekr
02-10-2011, 08:39 PM
I've had Coca-Cola #174, but not #175.

Looks like I need to check for Coca-Cola client updates.

MPGeorge
02-10-2011, 08:43 PM
About everyone I know is drinking coke while they are gaming. I don't drink soda anymore really but when I did I liked Pepsi better. I don't get it though. Is this like a new fad or something everyone drinking coke all the sudden? I mean I know it has always been kinda popular but this is like getting insane.

It must be the ads over here, they are really bashing them lately. I drink it every Friday night, this is why I am curious.

I don't even drink Coca-Cola® while gaming.

What do you drink if you were to pull an all night gaming night.

Oh and I noticed you know how to do the registered trade mark symbol.

I've had Coca-Cola #174, but not #175.

Looks like I need to check for Coca-Cola client updates.

I think i meant #175, i thought ® was the code for typing that correctly.

l4nd0fc0nfu510n
02-10-2011, 08:44 PM
I usually just have water while gaming, if anything.

Amy
02-10-2011, 08:45 PM
I still buy these bottle made of glasses.

It's changing the taste of it :P

spacebug
02-10-2011, 08:47 PM
What do you drink if you were to pull an all night gaming night.

I usually drink herbal tea or hot blackcurrant cordial. I also don't pull all night gaming nights. Occasionally at a LAN I will buy some draft cola. You should know what that is, you're Australian!

I think it's more that glass doesn't change the taste. Plastic does.

MrCrabs
02-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Nope since it makes acid reflux terrible

trojanrabbit.gg
02-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Nope. I drink Coffee.

MPGeorge
02-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Thank you, then I know im not the only one at least lol.. it seems all my friends will make the comment before we start playing, "just a sec, gonna grab a coke and some chips or something like that" Heck I don't eat or drink at all when I play. Maybe i just dont have the skills to do both at the same time lol.

Well I drink allot, more than I should. I'm an overweight 39 year old pc gamer who stays home on a Friday night to play online games until 6 in the morning.
Not really living the dream, but I am drawn to it. It controls me, overpowers me to want to drink the black liquid.
If they could put it on tap in my fridge I would pay someone big time to do it.

I usually just have water while gaming, if anything.

The only time I drink water is while brushing my teeth and even then I am just rinsing my mouth out.

You mean those small 6 pack of buddies?. oh I miss the gas stations when they use to sell singles close to the gas pump to refresh the taste while waiting for your car to fill up.

Eriako
02-10-2011, 08:56 PM
I don't really like Coca-cola, but a two liter costs around $2 to $3, maybe more depending on the population density or where I buy it (grocery vs. convenience store).

MPGeorge
02-10-2011, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=spacebug;20766654]I usually drink herbal tea or hot blackcurrant cordial. I also don't pull all night gaming nights. Occasionally at a LAN I will buy some draft cola. You should know what that is, you're Australian!

"hot" blackcurrant "cordial" :eek: sorry, I guess i have never tried hot cordial or any cordial over say 20 - 30 deg's

Freeman45
02-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Water and beer while gaming, sode makes my teeth feel shame.

2SeeKU
02-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Cause here in Australia $3.78 2Lt. on special is about the best price.

Woolies have the Cans on special alot. You'll get 24 cans (9Lts) for $10. But l don't drink Coke myself, only if l'm drinking bourbon or rum.

Most of the time, l have cordial or just water while gaming. If it were soft drink, it would be Schweppes Creaming Soda or Lemonade. MAYBE Mountain dew.... maybe...

Eriako
02-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Most of the time, l have cordial or just water while gaming. If it were soft drink, it would be Schweppes Creaming Soda or Lemonade. MAYBE Mountain dew.... maybe...

Mountain Dew and Bawls are the popular gaming drinks in my region, now that I think about it. I've never tried Bawls, but Squirt's a lot better than Mountain Dew.

Europhoria
02-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Nope. Stick with water and I rarely pull all nighters these days. I just can't do it any more.

MPGeorge
02-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Oh look, I am hypo already on the stuff, trying to answer everyones replies.
-

Woolies have the Cans on special alot. You'll get 24 cans (9Lts) for $10. But l don't drink Coke myself, only if l'm drinking bourbon or rum.

You think only 10 Bucks, but when I drink beer, It is never out of a can cause of the tin taste, and found the same apply to cans of soft drink.

Nope. Stick with water and I rarely pull all nighters these days. I just can't do it any more.

I don't have commitments other than myself, otherwise I too could never keep it up.

Water and beer while gaming, sode makes my teeth feel shame.

I only get furry teeth after drinking milk.

spacebug
02-10-2011, 09:08 PM
"hot" blackcurrant "cordial" :eek: sorry, I guess i have never tried hot cordial or any cordial over say 20 - 30 deg's

This stuff: https://secure.webxoffice.com/barkers.co.nz/index.cfm/PRODUCTS/Fruit_Syrups.html?pidVal=3 It's the best. But being in New Zealand, I feel the need to drink hot drinks more often than if I lived in Australia myself.

I know they have blackcurrant cordial in Australia though, because I once had some in Tasmania.

But the "You should know what that is, you're Australian!" comment was about Bundaberg Royal Crown Draft Cola...but the internet seems to imply that even though the stuff we buy is made in Australia it's only sold in NZ. Hmmmm.

joeylawn
02-10-2011, 09:09 PM
It.
Oh and I noticed you know how to do the registered trade mark symbol.

I think i meant #175, i thought ® was the code for typing that correctly.

1. Turn Num Lock on
2. Using the number pad, and holding down Alt - type 0174 - release

®

to get a reference for the symbols - go to Run and type in charmap

Larry1212
02-10-2011, 09:20 PM
I usually drink water... I noticed that switching when from coke to water I had a lot more energy after a week of getting used to water, plus I also lost weight. I felt so much better in myself too and really healthy all around. Unfortunately I found myself going back to coke after a day or two without bottled water in the house. :( Thing is, you don't realise you're drinking so much untill the time has passed, you look down and realise "Holy crap, i've been drinking this ♥♥♥♥ for two weeks now. No wonder I feel terrible!"

MPGeorge
02-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Nope since it makes acid reflux terrible

I had always found that if I was to eat pizza and garlic bread for dinner that night, I would need to drink very cold Coca-Cola® to burp up the acid reflux, but not the other way round where the soft drink would do cause it.

Blackcurrant & Raspberry Fruit Syrup 750ml @ 6.9 per bottle is a bit pricey wouldn't you say?

Nope. I drink Coffee.

Morning drink I find, same with tea and milo and what else is there...

I usually drink water... I noticed that switching when from coke to water I had a lot more energy after a week of getting used to water, plus I also lost weight. I felt so much better in myself too and really healthy all around. Unfortunately I found myself going back to coke after a day or two without bottled water in the house. :( Thing is, you don't realise you're drinking so much untill the time has passed, you look down and realise "Holy crap, i've been drinking this ♥♥♥♥ for two weeks now. No wonder I feel terrible!"

I think I feel about the same all the time, I don't drink much alcohol and I know that takes allot out of you.

I do drink allot of lemon, lime mineral water most weekdays. It is just that while doing an all night on the pc I feel I need the real deal to keep me up without a headache.

2SeeKU
02-10-2011, 09:25 PM
But the "You should know what that is, you're Australian!" comment was about Bundaberg Royal Crown Draft Cola...but the internet seems to imply that even though the stuff we buy is made in Australia it's only sold in NZ. Hmmmm.

Nah, we have the RC Cola here in my local woolies. It's not bad as it's always cheaper then Coke.

Whatus
02-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Good old fashioned Cola.
Nah.
I drink Pepsi. I like the taste better than Coke. I'm fine with 7-Up or Sprite.

WestRaptor
02-10-2011, 09:32 PM
I like diet coke and pepsi max that mountain dew whiteout is freaking good to thats usually what i drink when i play.. but i try to drink water and milk mostly :D

MPGeorge
02-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Nah, we have the RC Cola here in my local woolies. It's not bad as it's always cheaper then Coke.

Does it taste the same? It needs to be really gassy and very sweet and cold.

Good old fashioned Cola.
Nah.
I drink Pepsi. I like the taste better than Coke. I'm fine with 7-Up or Sprite.

I was on pepsi max when it first came out, but for some reason I always go back. 7-Up is like lemon/lime and Sprite is lemonade right?

Anyhow time for some gaming. I am almost through half the bottle and know there is another in the fridge.

Have fun gaming.

later..

MADDOGGE
02-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Don't really drink soda anymore but the major brands like Coke and Pepsi just went up from $1.28 to $1.48 for 2lt bottles. Never cared for Coke or Pepsi. Used to drink Diet Rite. Always was a RC and Moon Pie kind of guy when I did drink soda.;)

The_End
02-10-2011, 09:50 PM
No, but I do plenty of coke before gaming.

spacebug
02-10-2011, 09:51 PM

Seriously? Aw man!

Cola here...$3.57 for 2.25L

$6.63 for 4 bottles of Draft Cola, total 1.4L

I like it the best, but hardly ever buy it because of the price.

That's NZ $ btw.

Pedqchovek
02-11-2011, 09:15 AM
No, I do not. But if I really have to drink something it is going to be water or Schweps tonic.

TimM
02-11-2011, 09:16 AM
When I pull all nighters, I dont drink anything or eat anything. If I had to choose. Coffee. I am a grown man.

I haven't had any soda since I was a teenager.

DocZ
02-11-2011, 09:18 AM
I do not consume anything near my computer.... I am not a slob....

cructo
02-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Nope, I drink Pepsi. I don't know how much I pay for it though.

bluz74
02-11-2011, 09:28 AM
Scotch. :cool:

Matthew94
02-11-2011, 09:29 AM

I consume entire meals in front of my pc, it's great being a slob :)

eram
02-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Pepsi Max if its soda.

It's sugar free and tastes better than coke!

wakeless0
02-11-2011, 09:33 AM
If I drink soda I drink Sprite or Canada Dry (Ginger Ale)

Cola/Pepsi is disgusting. Dr Pepper is okay. So is Root Beer.

TimM
02-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Pepsi Max if its soda.

All diet colas are just as bad for you as regular. to make a soft drink have "less" calories, the company has to add aspertame to it. Aspertame is worse for you than cafine itself. in the long run, you will encounter more problems when you drink diet colas opposed to regular ones.
The easiest way to avoid cafine and calories in soft drinks is to not drink them at all.

Oh and diet coke can give you tumors, not the regular ones.

Just letting you know. ;)

MPGeorge
02-11-2011, 10:15 AM
This stuff: https://secure.webxoffice.com/barkers.co.nz/index.cfm/PRODUCTS/Fruit_Syrups.html?pidVal=3 It's the best. But being in New Zealand, I feel the need to drink hot drinks more often than if I lived in Australia myself.

I know they have blackcurrant cordial in Australia though, because I once had some in Tasmania.

They do have blackcurrant cordial here, though I am not into cordial myself.

"Bundaberg Royal Crown Draft Cola" now that is one I haven't tried.

Don't really drink soda anymore but the major brands like Coke and Pepsi just went up from $1.28 to $1.48 for 2lt bottles. Never cared for Coke or Pepsi. Used to drink Diet Rite. Always was a RC and Moon Pie kind of guy when I did drink soda.;)

May I ask where abouts do you Live which City. 1.48 per 2LT sounds like a place where not too many people drink softdrinks.

No, I do not. But if I really have to drink something it is going to be water or Schweps tonic.

I think Schweps tonic is like the Schweps mineral water we have here.

When I pull all nighters, I dont drink anything or eat anything. If I had to choose. Coffee. I am a grown man.

I haven't had any soda since I was a teenager.

Well I am almost through a 2nd 2LT, and having trouble now finishing it. It has been at my desk for a few hours and sort of gone room temperature, oh and somewhere on my early reply I mentioned that I am 39. I just find softdrink as normal to me as say tea or coffee is.

I think I am not a slob, but in some peoples eyes I guess just by drinking a beverage at a computer desk is considered one.

Pepsi Max if its soda.

I did switch one time to Pepsi Max, but for some reason I not only found it disliking to my taste, I found it to give me the runs if I drank more than a litre of it at a time.

If I drink soda I drink Sprite or Canada Dry (Ginger Ale)

Cola/Pepsi is disgusting. Dr Pepper is okay. So is Root Beer.

Now Dry Ginger Ale is a good tasting drink, very refreshing after say spending time in the garden working on weeds and what not.

Root beer is that like ginger beer?

I remember Dr Pepper, they don't sell it here anymore though. I never looked into why, but I think I heard it had something in it that the Australian food industry didn't approve.

TimM
02-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Don't worry, I wasn't talking down to you. Just stated that I am not drinking it anymore.

NoVaTuRiEnT
02-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Yeah I drink Coca-Cola while gaming (even in the middle of a match).
In fact, I bought 60 cans recently :D

GirlPower23
02-11-2011, 10:29 AM
All diet colas are just as bad for you as regular. to make a soft drink have "less" calories, the company has to add aspertame to it. Aspertame is worse for you than cafine itself. in the long run, you will encounter more problems when you drink diet colas opposed to regular ones.
The easiest way to avoid cafine and calories in soft drinks is to not drink them at all.

Wee Conspiracies are great. When there is 50+ Years of documented research on the above please inform me. Until then it's nothing more than jibberjabber.

@OP:
Pepsi
Coca Cola
Coca Cola Zero
Vodka/Patron (Rarely)
White Wine
An assortment of Teas.

Sodas are normally the quickest thing for me to drink.. when I am gaming I generally go for the fastest thing to grab and drink. When doing more leisurely gaming or playing WoW i'll go for the others or when there is a break between games I might make something.

Princess Garnet
02-11-2011, 10:33 AM
I drank Pepsi as a child, and disliked Coca Cola. Now, they both taste more the same to me, or at least, Pepsi tastes worse than it used to (still better than Coca Cola to me) and I can't stand it anymore. It tastes sweeter (in a bad way), more tasteless, and more flat overall. My parents, who drank Pepsi for life, and my younger brother, who also did growing up, noticed the same thing (they actually did before me). I'm not sure if they changed it, but we all somehow couldn't stand it anymore.

I like Mountain Dew, and always have. Root Beer is good too, but as with Pepsi, I'm finding it harder to take. Come to think of it, Doctor Pepper almost fits that too. Maybe I'm just not liking soda as much all around these days. I don't know. I can still drink Mountain Dew (not the "gamer fuel" type, don't like those ones). Iced Tea type sodas (Brisk, at least) is also good to me.

Overall, I don't drink too much soda though. I drink coffee too, as well as juices (Orange juice, Apple juice, etc.), and the water here and there. Ever once in a Blue moon, milk.

Baron_Fel
02-11-2011, 10:35 AM
mtn dew is my soda of choice.

crunchyfrog555
02-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Nope, me neither. Can't stand Coke.

It may be just in the UK, but our stuff is just coloured, sugared water and it tastes exactly like it (which I suppose could be construed as being open).

If I need a little kick, I'll go for Red Bull. Goes well with my tablets too ;) Otherwise, it's fruit juice all the way, apart from the occasional milk.

GirlPower23
02-11-2011, 10:43 AM
If I need a little kick, I'll go for Red Bull. Goes well with my tablets too ;) Otherwise, it's fruit juice all the way, apart from the occasional milk.

Fruit Juices are usually a no go for me. Generally leads to stomach cramps and upset stomach.. and other unpleasant things. :P Heavy Acidic juices like Orange and Apple are the biggest culprits. So If I do drink them it's in small amounts.

crunchyfrog555
02-11-2011, 10:44 AM

That is very, very true. Also, my wife has Crohn's disease. If you have any aspartame as a Crohn's sufferer, it's hell on earth for you.

That's a little helpful nod to any Crohn's sufferers out there who may not be aware of it :)

TimM
02-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Girlpower, I don't care whether it causes anything in others. I jsut read it caused tumors when they tested it on rats, although only when they had consumed large amounts.

If you want facts, find them yourself.

However what is true. Both drinks are jsut as unhealthy. I tend to drink healthy and eat healthy. Maybe a soda a month if I feel like spoiling myself.

GirlPower23
02-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Girlpower, I don't care whether it causes anything in others. I jsut read it caused tumors when they tested it on rats, although only when they had consumed large amounts.

However what is true. Both drinks are jsut as unhealthy. I tend to drink healthy and eat healthy. Maybe a soda a month if I feel like spoiling myself.

I've also read that the sun causes cancer, but it's not killing people by the millions. I won't deny they aren't bad for your health though, mostly in the dental hygiene area though.

Nuklear41
02-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Drink a beer...

Eriako
02-11-2011, 10:54 AM

I read up on that, and was reminded of it when I read that tumor bit yesterday. First it was a cancer thing, but that ended up being overturned I believe due to environmental factors being the actual cause. The higher risks of tumor and heart attack in the human study was an interesting correlation, but experts seemed doubtful, thinking it was less causation but more that they had some other common factor. I hope they do more studies since it's an interesting lead.

I've not heard about the Crohn's factor though, I'll look into it. My friend with that disease drinks soda and diet about 50/50.

Although, once I had a guy at a party tell me how bad soda was while he was drinking beer. Hahaa, that was great fun.

iBMe
02-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Not especially, I drink Coke when I fancy Coke.

Its about £1.99 for a 2L bottle here(UK).

Zefar
02-11-2011, 01:25 PM
I only drink coke and similar drinks during weekend. Don't want to mess up my body that much.

Otherwise I stick with a soft drink(I think that's what they're called) which has a wild berries as taste. And boy does it taste great.

I've had it every day for every week for the entire past 5 years. It's rare that I do not drink it during a day. I'm still not tired of it. It's just that good.

Getsuga Tensho
02-11-2011, 01:33 PM
I drink water when I'm gaming. If it's not that then Green Tea if I just want a normal hot drink, normal tea if I want a relaxed game or coffee (Columbian, no milk or sugar) if I need a little extra energy - Green tea is the one I drink the most out of those three.

Teron16
02-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Coffee with cream and sugar (I'm not in a trench).

booze tastes bad in almost all forms, water is boring and soda is death.

Exha
02-11-2011, 01:41 PM
I love drink Coke when gaming.

derpburp
02-11-2011, 01:58 PM
I drink Nuka Cola Quantum or Victory.

real4xor
02-11-2011, 02:10 PM
I only stick to coffee..

Unless it`s weekends, then it`s Drunken Master time, and I take a few scotch with it. ( I actually play better after a few glasses, but then worse after a few more :p).

Ghostbreed
02-11-2011, 06:16 PM
heck yeah!

Ultima V|RUZ
02-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Soda is horrible for you, so I limit it to one or two bottles a month.

Answer: No.

vtor67
02-11-2011, 06:33 PM
dr pepper anyone?

Hotbeef!
02-11-2011, 06:52 PM
I dont drink pop/soda

I drink water, coffee, beer or juice

imeem
02-11-2011, 06:55 PM
i like eating fruits while gaming

Shape
02-11-2011, 07:03 PM

TRUTH.

Ultima speaks the truth, soda is over 10 grams of refined sugar. Unfiltered fluoride isotopic water. Carbonated for a refreshing sugary thirst quencher..

Fatimmortal
02-11-2011, 07:10 PM
I have a 1 litre jug of coffee to myself when I play games. :cool:

Baron_Fel
02-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Drink a beer...

wish I had some booze right about now.

MADDOGGE
02-11-2011, 07:48 PM
It's iced tea without the ice I drink during the day when gaming or coffee at night around 8ish.

Blackops
02-11-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm far from a health nut but I only drink soda when I eat. I mostly drink water with some fruit drinks like Snapple, Propel, Gatorade, etc.

These days I fill up a plastic water bottle, like this (http://www.odeecompany.net/imgodee/polycarbonate-water-bottle.jpg), when I game and sit at my desk.

GirlPower23
02-11-2011, 08:14 PM

A can of Soda a day isn't going to hurt anyones health. Moderation is key, while I've not moderation with soda. Because I already eat healthy and exercise regularly.. Soda is probably not going to harm my health. I also refuse to sacrifice on Soda, cause it's just soo good. :D

Ultima V|RUZ
02-11-2011, 09:20 PM
A can of Soda a day isn't going to hurt anyones health. Moderation is key, while I've not moderation with soda. Because I already eat healthy and exercise regularly.. Soda is probably not going to harm my health. I also refuse to sacrifice on Soda, cause it's just soo good. :D

Well, I know that only a little is good, which is why I buy a bottle or two every so often. It's the sugar/caffeine I mainly try to avoid.

I'm very partial to Ginger Beer. The greatest liquid ever created by man. I have to admit that if I had cases of Ginger Beer, I'd drink them all relatively quickly.

PS: By bottles I mean single servings of the glass variety.

AnubisArc999
02-12-2011, 03:33 AM
I am like Whitaker from L4D2.

I can be in a super bunker with tons of weapons during a zombie apocalypse, BUT if I don't have coke, I WON'T survive.

Soda itself might not be good for you, due to all the sugar, but thinking caffine is bad for you is so 90s.

Studies have shown that it increases alertness and thinking.

eram
02-12-2011, 05:01 AM

Pepsi max has double the amount of caffeine than normal coke and no sugar.

Fine by me. :)

flipster103
02-12-2011, 10:18 AM
I used to drink 6 cans of Coke a day, mostly while gaming. I completely stopped doing this because its absolutely horrible for you health lol.

In a short story, pimples went away, lost weight, and felt better

EtovaKala
02-12-2011, 10:52 AM
I drink tea. I tend to stay off drinks that are made of nothing but sugar these days.

GirlPower23
02-12-2011, 10:54 AM
I drink tea. I tend to stay off drinks that are made of nothing but sugar these days.

That means no juices either huh? :P

Eriako
02-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Pepsi max has double the amount of caffeine than normal coke and no sugar.

Fine by me. :)

That's my favorite as well, except maybe really good root beer.

divine_skills
02-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Recovering Coke addict here (yes, the drink, not the other thing ahem :rolleyes: )

As said, feeling much better now, I can sleep better, even lost some weight (drank Diet)

Drinking water nowadays. Haven't touched a soda in 2 months.

EtovaKala
02-12-2011, 11:08 AM
That means no juices either huh? :P

Only the ones that taste bad.

kaydee
02-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Sparkling water. Sometimes mixit wit coolaid or other powder juice.

In fact, I bought a sparkling water maker. With its given bottle and whatever I want to drink, I can make any liquid sparkling. I've tried milk, coffee, all kinds of juice, vodka and Hen.

Trust me, sparkling vodka and Hen taste nasty. Milk? I say drinkable. Coffee... don't even want to try again...

Oh, and I go for extra fizziness. Normally, two to three clicks are all you need, but I go for something like five or six clicks.

crunchyfrog555
02-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Well, I know that only a little is good, which is why I buy a bottle or two every so often. It's the sugar/caffeine I mainly try to avoid.

I'm very partial to Ginger Beer. The greatest liquid ever created by man. I have to admit that if I had cases of Ginger Beer, I'd drink them all relatively quickly.

PS: By bottles I mean single servings of the glass variety.

Actually yes, I'd completely forgotten about Ginger Beer (damn you age and memory!) I concur it is one of the finest drinks known to man.

But booze (as some have pointed out), you can stick it! Doubly so where gaming's concerned.

GirlPower23
02-12-2011, 12:11 PM
But booze (as some have pointed out), you can stick it! Doubly so where gaming's concerned.

What? You've never tried gaming while completely hammered? It's actually a lot of fun. So many fond memories of playing WoW and CS/CSS drunk. ;)

kaydee
02-12-2011, 12:18 PM
I read somewhere, regardless of what kind of beverage you drink (Mainly soda) in each can, 355ml, carries about 10 blocks of sugar.

http://www.energyfiend.com/sugar-in-drinks

This is a comprehensive list of sugar content in soft drinks and energy drinks. Click on the column titles to sort that column. Where the sugar level is zero – the product is most likely sweetened with an artificial sweetener (such as aspartame, splenda, or acesulfame potassium).

Look @ this: Ginger ale suger amount: 33g! That's about 8~9 blocks of sugar!!!

http://www.sugarstacks.com/beverages.htm

12 oz (355 ml) Coca-cola Can
Sugars, total: 39g Calories, total: 140 Calories from sugar: 140

One funny fact is that if you put 4 grams of sugar into a cup of water, you will taste the same sweetness! Now, try to dissolve 30 grams of sugar. It's not going to work, unless if you use hot water. Think about 30 grams of sugar and eating 'em all. I can't even imagine.