PDA

View Full Version : Join games already started,

Uglypete
02-11-2011, 06:48 AM
You should be able to just jump into any game as long as it has a slot open. There are a lot of 2/10 and 6/10 games with the rest empty that I can't join.

KrazyKain
02-11-2011, 10:09 AM
I agree with this post VERY MUCH

I got the demo,and enjoyed myself very much, I will infact keep playing the demo, but having to wait more then 5 minutes to find a joinable game because all the in progress ones wont let me... it results in me not being able to play when I want to, but rather when theres enough people making new games... Fix this and I will very likely buy the game, but until then, demo it is.

Tapewormz
02-12-2011, 12:45 AM
You should be able to just jump into any game as long as it has a slot open. There are a lot of 2/10 and 6/10 games with the rest empty that I can't join.

You're thinking of games that are like team death match. It's not a team deathmatch, and allowing pickup's mid game wouldn't be fair to the winning team if the losing team just keep rage quitting they should lose.

Hopefully PI implements a report/ban feature like in LOL (league of legends) to curb this behavior early. The LOL community is like the XBOX Live community on steroids. UBER nerd ragers in that game.

KrazyKain
02-12-2011, 01:54 AM
You're thinking of games that are like team death match. It's not a team deathmatch, and allowing pickup's mid game wouldn't be fair to the winning team if the losing team just keep rage quitting they should lose.

Hopefully PI implements a report/ban feature like in LOL (league of legends) to curb this behavior early. The LOL community is like the XBOX Live community on steroids. UBER nerd ragers in that game.

earlier I played a game where my friend crashed upon loading, so we were stuck with one less player. what if someone crashes mid game? one random person rage quits, or has to go to dinner or something... we need a refill. Fair enough with the survival mode, but the capture the point mode is a long game and playing with a disadvantage will hurt the experience, plus theres no harm in filling up teams while the game is going in this mode. There could always be a tickbox 'late join' that could be unticked.

Nukaazul
02-12-2011, 12:14 PM
earlier I played a game where my friend crashed upon loading, so we were stuck with one less player. what if someone crashes mid game? one random person rage quits, or has to go to dinner or something... we need a refill. Fair enough with the survival mode, but the capture the point mode is a long game and playing with a disadvantage will hurt the experience, plus theres no harm in filling up teams while the game is going in this mode. There could always be a tickbox 'late join' that could be unticked.

Look on the actual Crasher forum, there is already a suggestion for this.
http://en.forum.crasher.com/

MaskofMadness
02-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Pretty standard idea, idealy it would not have any stat tracking whatsoever to prevent stat-farming of sorts.

Edit:

It occured to me that it could also be an 'item farm' mode with time and chance based drops (similar to the drops in Team Fortress 2).

But ultimately this is a problem that doesnt necessairly need to be adressed since by the time there are more players, people will have reason to wait a litle longer for 5v5s and leaving statistic should decrease (people who know how to play are statisticaly less prone to leaving, it seems)