PDA

View Full Version : Strategic Portals!

Scorpia
02-11-2011, 08:09 AM
So I just finished this level where we first get the library. Fun!

I did find something of a new strategy (for me anyway): Strategic Portaling!

As I made my way over to the Novice hero gate that was next to the libary and upon discovering that this isn't exactly the best placement, AND I couldn't destroy the items in the room to get better placement, I went over with the overlord, then ported back to the dungeon heart.

Lo and behold, the latest patch has created a RE-USEABLE portal! I use it and I'm back in the libary and the portal has vanished. This can be useful! I port back (creating another portal) and wait for my novices.

While I wait, I create a little prison and put the 2-space 2-soul cell in it.

Novice appears, I watch...Full soul!

Use the portal, dispatch him quickly, port back.

Imps now have my soul battery in place and he'll quench my thirst for quite a while. :)

Thought I would share. Happy Dungeoning!

ShadowOrigin
02-11-2011, 08:20 AM
I was just able to download the game yesterday, as I purchased it in the US via Steam and it only became available then, so I never played a version of the game without a portal. I'm glad to see that Kalypso/Realmforge are taking in suggestions and patching the game. Hopefully they continue to do so, though I still enjoy the base product very much.

I digress, however. Up until now I've just been attempting to run my Dungeon Lord around to finish off each hero, as I took the speed up spell and skill, but I imagine that will become problematic in later levels. Your portal idea is very interesting, and I'll have to give it a shot. Thank you for the information.

chaintm
02-11-2011, 04:01 PM
I love it too, I use it constantly, also leap frogn Pentagrams is a good trick ;)