PDA

View Full Version : Steam says I already own Galactic Conquest

dementedlullaby
02-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Huh? It just came out today. And it's not in my DLC for the game when I check haha. Can't buy it because of this bug.:(

Caprica FC
02-11-2011, 08:07 PM
I was wondering why I couldn't put it into my wishlist when I realised it said I owned it already.

dementedlullaby
02-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Yeah that's exactly what I was going to do. I have two purchases I'd like to make this weekend. Will hold off on them hoping it gets fixed soon =).

Nexis123
02-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Just bought the DLC and its no where to be found. Guess I better keep my receipt.

Phoenix210
02-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Ok, so I'm not the only one. Sad. I was looking forward to the conquest mode...

MayA201
02-11-2011, 10:21 PM
A friend of mine is experiencing this problem as well

Dachannien
02-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Hmm... same problem here. Guess I'll hold off until they figure this out :(

Cougar_DK
02-11-2011, 11:26 PM
I have the same problem.

theclaw135
02-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Me too. Not that I'm in a rush to buy games, I want a PC upgrade.

affenjunge
02-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Same problem here.

prokofjev
02-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Same...

cliffski
02-12-2011, 08:38 AM
I've asked valve to look into this...

Selgald
02-12-2011, 09:44 AM
same problem here

Steeli
02-12-2011, 09:46 AM
I get the same message

Zayfod
02-12-2011, 10:01 AM
I've asked valve to look into this...

Thank you.

Combathanger
02-12-2011, 11:11 AM
another issue wi that GSB isnt appearing on my LIST of games....its there if I change to the large pictures, but not in the text list...weird!:p

ricmadeira
02-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Get the same message here on the DLC page, you already own this game. I wanted to put this on my wishlist!

chaosfox60
02-12-2011, 11:50 AM
yup same here

War-A-Tron
02-12-2011, 01:23 PM
I had the issue, but I deleted the clientregistry.blob file thingy and all was well.

Its happened on a few other steam titles before.

TehBagder
02-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Only thing is that my account as viewed through a web browser says the exact same thing when I view the item at DLC page.

I-HaTeD2
02-12-2011, 02:46 PM
When i delete the clientregistry.blob Steam stucks at the Update after a while and the File is just 2KB big ... -_-

affenjunge
02-12-2011, 03:31 PM
I had the issue, but I deleted the clientregistry.blob file thingy and all was well.

Its happened on a few other steam titles before.
Tried it, but to no avail. STEAM JUST FIX IT AND TAKE MY MONEY.

Whimper
02-12-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm having the same issue. Steam's Store page shows that I already own Galactic Conquest, although I didn't buy it yet. However, it doesn't show up in the game's DLC list.

Don't have it, can't buy it. Weird.

satanicmoogle
02-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Mine says i own it as well, but when i scroll down, the option to buy it for $6.99 is there.

Rec0n412
02-12-2011, 11:07 PM
I'm encountering this same problem, and to think I had gotten my hopes up about getting something for free. :D

Driadon
02-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Mine says i own it as well, but when i scroll down, the option to buy it for $6.99 is there.

Yeah, if it says you own it, you can still buy it for yourself (I just did! :D). What seems to be the problem is that it just lists everyone who owns the original GSB as owning the new DLC on the store page.

Sliph
02-13-2011, 01:54 AM
same says i own it but i do not

prokofjev
02-14-2011, 01:17 PM
The issue seems to be still unresolved...

ChrisD
02-14-2011, 03:36 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to identify this issue. Is it that it's telling you that you own the game, or that you actually cannot purchase it? I haven't yet found anything in the setup that would prevent you from purchasing the DLC.

jake_farrell
02-14-2011, 03:40 PM
it says that i own galactic conquest and for me, i can purchase it (the button purchase for myself is not grey in the cart)

prokofjev
02-14-2011, 04:26 PM
On the Galactic Conquest page it was saying that I already own it, but I was able to add it to cart and purchase it.

Silicon Vampire
02-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Step-son's account says he already owns it but he doesn't as far as I am aware.

The store page has button to "Play Now" but clicking it tell him the game is currently unavailable.

Cannot add it to his wishlist but looks like he could add it to his cart.

ExecutionerFive
02-14-2011, 05:10 PM
I can see maybe this not getting fixed over the weekend...but today? Guess our money isn't worth enough to Steam. THANKS. FOR. NOTHING.

Silicon Vampire
02-14-2011, 05:48 PM
I can see maybe this not getting fixed over the weekend...but today? Guess our money isn't worth enough to Steam. THANKS. FOR. NOTHING.

Please, calm down. They will fix it. As of now, you can buy the dlc and I'm sure they are working on the rest of the situation.

ThatHachi
02-14-2011, 07:58 PM
Same problem, and I can never add new games to my wishlist, it happens with all item in the Steam store though. Its just this DLC I can't purchase because Steam thinks I already own it.

CapnScarlet
02-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Hi,
Just incase there was still any doubt as to the nature of the problem, here's a screencap of what I see when I go on the store page for GSB: Galactic Conquest:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/Captain_Scarlet/GSB-GC.png

That is what it displays, yet I've never bought it, it doesn't appear in my games list, and when I click play now it just starts the base GSB game - possibly indicative of steam getting them confused?

Anyway, that's the error I get, and I'm sure that's the same error everyone else is having.

Thanks for attempting to address the problem, and I hope you manage to resolve it soon :)

Edit: Oh, and I can add it to my cart, which seems to give the normal options for check-out - but I'm just concerned that something might go wrong, so I'm holding off until after the issue is fixed.

ExecutionerFive
02-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Still no fix...way to treat customers Steam...NOT.

houseshadow
02-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Hi,
Just incase there was still any doubt as to the nature of the problem, here's a screencap of what I see when I go on the store page for GSB: Galactic Conquest:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/Captain_Scarlet/GSB-GC.png

That is what it displays, yet I've never bought it, it doesn't appear in my games list, and when I click play now it just starts the base GSB game - possibly indicative of steam getting them confused?

Anyway, that's the error I get, and I'm sure that's the same error everyone else is having.

Thanks for attempting to address the problem, and I hope you manage to resolve it soon :)

Edit: Oh, and I can add it to my cart, which seems to give the normal options for check-out - but I'm just concerned that something might go wrong, so I'm holding off until after the issue is fixed.

That screencap is exactly what my screen looks like. I only now realized I could add it to cart, but like this poster I too am wary about purchasing something I supposedly already own but don't.

When it was first released and I saw 'you already own Galactic Conquest' I initially trusted that, but logically I knew it wasn't a freebie and something was amiss. If it is safe to use the add-to-cart feature I'm fine using that, but I can understand why this is confusing to a lot of people.

CapnScarlet
02-16-2011, 11:36 AM
... If it is safe to use the add-to-cart feature I'm fine using that, but I can understand why this is confusing to a lot of people.

Aye, same here - I've seen one poster mention that it works alright, but just one, and I think another post being sceptical that it does. So I think I'll avoid that until there's some consensus :p

Still no fix...way to treat customers Steam...NOT.

Also, don't worry, I imagine they have a lot of work to do. They'll get to this when they have time.
Besides, it's not like they're going to pass up on our money because they can't be bothered to fix it, they're just presumably occupied :)

dementedlullaby
02-16-2011, 06:19 PM
It's kind of strange they haven't found a fix to it yet to be honest. I can apparently purchase it for myself but I have hesitations doing so considering it's telling me I own it.

Oh well, I shall ponder giving it a purchase from the devs website or just keep waiting. It's odd only the new DLC is giving this issue. None of the other content shows up like this.

CapnScarlet
02-17-2011, 11:02 AM
I did try to buy it from the dev's website, but it didn't work in the end - when I tried to purchase it with paypal, it got to the final page, where you click 'pay' or some other button to that effect, and it didn't do anything. I also tried paying directly with my debit card, but their payment system didn't seem to recognize my card, thought it was a credit card. It might've been harmless to continue, but I decided to stop there, it clearly didn't want to sell me the game :D

That's probably an issue worth reporting in itself, but to be honest, I couldn't be bothered, I'd rather just wait for Steam to fix this bug.

Ifandbut
02-17-2011, 01:01 PM
+1 for same issue here.

When I click "Play Now" on the store page a window with a CD-Key pops up. However, it is the same CD-Key that I already have entered in the game and I see no way to access Galactic Conquest so I assume that means I actually DO NOT own it.

Vicious Parker
02-17-2011, 04:13 PM
To let everyone know who is having this issue, I also had this issue but purchased the game anyway. It told me I already had it, but I still had the option to buy the game.

The game is working and all seems well. It's a strange bug, but don't let it get in the way of you buying the game.

Silicon Vampire
02-17-2011, 05:18 PM
This issue should be fixed. Can anyone verify for me? My step-son is in the middle of a match.

EDIT --------------------

I've verified the fix. Sorry for the inconvenience people.

Ifandbut
02-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Yep, fixed for me.

CapnScarlet
02-19-2011, 05:36 AM
Yeah, seems to work now!
Thanks for the help :)

dementedlullaby
02-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Thanks Silicon good to see it resolved! I shall purchase it next time I buy a new game on steam.