PDA

View Full Version : Total Noob, Need Help

onemeg
02-12-2011, 11:43 AM
(2W2) This is such a noob question, but I can't find it in the manual or on searching various forum's threads so here goes:
What do the various symbols on a weapon or piece of armor mean?

There's a little dagger, sometimes it's red...sometimes green, sometimes brown...Some odd symbol below that. Umm, there's a yellow star, no clue what that is. I also can't see how much an item is supposed to sell for at the merchant (I'm just at the first one, the blind orc forge guy) and the gold I receive doesn't seem to correspond to any of those numbers.

Also when I mouse over a weapon in my inventory it shows like, a blade with some number, or a mace with some number over on the left, out of the inventory window. What is that?

Anyway sorry for the noobness, but it's seems like this basic information would be in the manual, and the guides I've seen so far don't cover that basic of information. Thx for any help!

Vaemer-Riit
02-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Ok

Red Blade is Slashing Damage
Red Mace is bludgeoning Damage
Red Lightning/frost/person/skull is lightning/frost/spectral/poison damage

The green of each above is resistance

Gold Star is Weapon/Armor Level/Quality each time you upgrade the weapon it will add 1 to this number.
ex:
25 is a level 25 weapon/armor
25 +4 is a level 25 weapon/armor that has ben upgraded 4 times

As for price, when you have the shop open mouse over one of your items, the price will show up then (the price for each item changes depending on which shop you are selling at)

Each gold shield on the enemies are a resistance.
ex:
Gold Blade and Gold Skull on the Necris show that it is resistant to Slashing Damage and Poison damage (crush with bludgeoning damage)

onemeg
02-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Thank you Vaemer-Riit!!

Sami69
02-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Isin't here option to change those icons to text in the options? It only changes the equipment and not those icons on enemies though. No need to be shamed of being noob coz everyone were/was noob at some point.