PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, I feel disgused when I see a fat person..

PinkPonies93
02-12-2011, 03:23 PM
/JUMPS UP ONTO HARRY THE HIGHLY JUDGMENTAL HIGH HORSE

When I see someone who is overweight I can't help but feel utterly repulsed. I just don't get how people get like that, it is pure self neglect and in a way it's really disrespectful to your parents.

I've never met someone fat who admitted it straight up "I am lazy and have no self control". It's either "I'm not fat, I'm curvy!! I hate those stick barbys!!", "it's genetic!" or my favourite "I'M BoOtYlIcIouS and your just jealous you aint got moves like this" *starts rotating and jiggling*.

Drug addicts and alcoholics are all told that their habits are wrong and have no choice but to stop it.. pretty much publically shamed. A fat person doesn't get the public shame and is still allowed to eat at fast food restaurant etc.

I think we need adds like the "every cigarette is doing you damage" but instead "every triple cheese bacon double tower cheeseburger with extra cheese and bacon dipped in icecream is doing you damage". Maybe have fat islands where those who cannot looked after themselves are exiled, until a certain weight is reached and new dietary habits are created.

/JUMPS OFF HARRY THE HIGHLY JUDGMENTAL HIGH HORSE

So what do you think? What is your initial reaction when you see an overweight stranger? What would you do to combat obesity? Do my shoes go with this shirt?

PinkPonies93
02-12-2011, 03:24 PM
inb4 i feel disgusted when people spell titles wrong

Cheezburgers
02-12-2011, 03:26 PM
There was a story about the fattest guy in Britain.

Cant remember the exact weight but it was absolutely massive, he took up like more than an entire double bed and he just laid there all day because he couldnt move from being so fat.

Aaaaand he ended up sueing the NHS because apparently its their fault he got fat.

Its people like him that make me sick.

Arv3n
i really don't care if other people are fat, and you shouldn't either.

wexer9
I feel disgusted when I see such blatant misspellings in the title of a thread.

Arv3n
02-12-2011, 03:28 PM
I feel disgusted when I see such blatant misspellings in the title of a thread.
this is true.

Mr.Rashad
Some people have a disease which they cant loose weight you jerk

Anasazi
Meh, it's not everyone's choice. Some of it is legitimately genetic. And people like you who become "disgusted at the sight" don't really help those others who have self-esteem issues.

At the same time, I'm not a big fan of those sites where all they do is encourage people to become fatter or be proud of how fat they are. Those people need some actual help, like an exercise plan and a functioning diet.

Gustave5436
02-12-2011, 03:31 PM
I think that prejudice against people for any reason is wrong, and that shaming people for having alcoholism is just as bad as shaming them for being obese. Both are fundamentally genetic disorders, not voluntary personality defects, and isolating someone with discrimination will only make it more difficult for her to overcome those problems.

Meallme0
02-12-2011, 03:31 PM
I don't really care.

But the "be proud you're fat," people irritate me for obvious reasons. It's really not something to be proud of.

velvetmeds
02-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Well i feel disgusted with thin people that think they're prettier for it. Then i shoulder-butt them in a show of strength.

kimdead1
02-12-2011, 03:33 PM
fat people are fun to make fun of.

T@F
02-12-2011, 03:34 PM
i really don't care if other people are fat, and you shouldn't either.

Agree.
What they do with there lives should not be none of our concern.
if they want to be fat good on them,if they want to be skinny good on them too.

Who are we to judge.

freeloader105
There is a lot of personal blame to go around, but society and the government can also be blamed. If you think about it, smoking has declined dramatically in the U.S. at least partly because the government took a stand against it. If the government did requiring more scary labels around very unhealthy foods it may help. Or if it subsidized healthier crops than corn.

Again, that's not to say that personal responsibility isn't a factor, but only that's it's just one among several.

Anasazi
Well i feel disgusted with thin people that think they're prettier for it. Then i shoulder-butt them in a show of strength.

Moar liek butt-butt in a show of weight lawl

Sorry couldn't resist.

flipster103
02-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Skinny ♥♥♥♥♥es, fat jolly people.

In all seriousness though, im 6'1 and im 137 pounds. Im skinny but I could careless about other people and their lives. It's their choice, not mine and I honestly don't know their backgrounds, so I have no right to judge.

In another way though, I do wonder how people get that big. I have seen obese people a lot, I live in the city and it makes me wonder how people get that fat. You really must have to eat tons of food to get like that, because apparently ive been told that i dont eat enough, but to me its a lot. It depends on the person i guess.

Lastly, its sad to see people judge other people like this. Just because someone is bigger than you, doesn't mean anything. If your happy, then it shouldn't matter

abcxyq
02-12-2011, 03:38 PM
I feel disgused when people are insensitive and feel the urge to control everyone else's lives.

PinkPonies93
02-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Agree.
What they do with there live should not be of concern for others.
if they want to be fat good on them,if they want to be skinny good on them too.

Who are we to judge others.

Well it's this attitude that enables them, if it were a heroin addict you would say we should not bother with them? Are you heartless?

Medicare/public health will (UK/Aus), in the near future be abolished or costs will rise dramatically.. a large portion of this is related to the strain obesity related illnesses put on the system. At the moment, I worry about the treatment not going towards those who didn't choose to get ill.

DOE_JOHN88
02-12-2011, 03:43 PM
I am utterly repulsed when fat people wear tank tops, tight fitting pants, swimsuits, shorts, dresses

I do not want to see your fat rolls jiggle while you move.

kimdead1
02-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Well it's this attitude that enables them, if it were a heroin addict you would say we should not bother with them? Are you heartless?

isn't he pretty much saying why bother with them anyways?

Gustave5436
02-12-2011, 03:44 PM
In another way though, I do wonder how people get that big. I have seen obese people a lot, I live in the city and it makes me wonder how people get that fat. You really must have to eat tons of food to get like that, because apparently ive been told that i dont eat enough, but to me its a lot. It depends on the person i guess.

Primarily it's a combination of metabolic differences and neuroanatomy. The former causes more food energy to be retained over time, the latter causes increased sensations of hunger, delayed sensation of fullness etc. The same set of eating practices in two people can, depending on their physiology, result in either a healthy weight or an unhealthy one. Being overweight principally due to personal choice is comparatively rare.

No, you would single them out as being addicted to opiates, tell them they disgust you, and ostracize them from society. That's the compassionate thing to do, after all. Far better than the heartless tact of respecting them as a person, and supporting them to kick the addiction when they make the decision to do so.

Lozer
there should be a law or penalty

Freeman45
oooo you're in for it now mister!

I just got an infraction for talking about the size of Gabes genetalia, which offended not one person. You just offended half of the forum members :D

chaplain_wu
I feel disgusted someone can honestly attribute what could very well be an external locus of control (aka genetic disposition or other less-controllable reasons) to conscious decisions and personal choices. You might as well feel disgusted your parents didn't decide to be born into privileged White families. :rolleyes:

That's not even beginning to mention the whole painting with a gigantic brush over thousands people, who suffer from obesity whether from bio-genetic, lifestyle, or illness reasons.

Yeah, totally their own fault, and they should change themselves for us.

However, I WILL take all of this back if you fund their exercise program. For ALL of them. I want results in two years. They all gotta be cookie-cutter muscle men or hot slim women, despite their large bone structures and sicknesses, got it?

WhatAreSports?
02-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Yep, their population is getting bigger and bigger.

Freeman45
02-12-2011, 03:46 PM
btw, im just big bonned.

Kelshir
02-12-2011, 03:47 PM
I am overweight and it is my business not yours. Yes, I could stand to lose some weight and I am making an effort to do so.

But as long as I pay my own medical bills and food bills, it is none of your business how much I weigh.

Yiffles
02-12-2011, 03:47 PM
I really don't care if people are fat. I don't want to be fat and I doubt I ever will be. If others are and they're OK with it, I don't have anything against that.

skippy72294
02-12-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm 168lbs and 6 feet tall, I'm quite happy how I look

stillmatic07
02-12-2011, 03:54 PM
I wonder what the ratio is between:

is genetically cursed to retain more fat vs. eats too much fatty food.

If it was like 1:100 I think we could settle the debate right there and start exiling fatties to fatty island.

If it was 100:1, then this is like worse than cancer.

Either way obese lose.

I don't judge, nor do I care what people do with their lives. I myself am 5'10" and 200 lbs. That according to my BMI makes me overweight. I just honestly want to know who has a genuine problem, and who lies about it to the world and orders one too many double cheeseburgers and McDonalds, THEN SUES MCDONALDS. That's where my problem is.

Liquid-Flame DK
02-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Its gotta be peoples own choice. Im genetically programmed to look down upon fat people. Its not something i do voluntarily.

But just let them get fat. Let the genes do their thing and bring strokes, circulatory diseases, sorrow and what not. Natural selection will do the rest.

T@F
02-12-2011, 03:57 PM

Medicare/public health will (UK/Aus), in the near future be abolished or costs will rise dramatically.. a large portion of this is related to the strain obesity related illnesses put on the system. At the moment, I worry about the treatment not going towards those who didn't choose to get ill.

Heroin addict is different story.
Does a fat person steal off you or family for food?
Does a fat person rob houses for food?
Does a fat person mug ppl in the street to support his habit for food?

You cannot put a junkie and fat person in the same class.