PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal for almost every Dialogue Talk Box to have no speech (sound/talking)

alison22000
02-13-2011, 08:41 AM
I have NVN 2 Platinum and I am currently playing the plain NWN 2 game, I haven't started the other 2 yet. But to my question, I have noticed that there are some differences when talking to NPC's, sometimes the screen goes black on top and bottom and you hear the person speak, and you can reply by set choices etc, but in some area's, you only get that small box when you talk to some people and they actually speak back where you really hear them talking, but then some others are just read only.

I don't know if I explained myself well here. Basically i am referring to the small talk box that opens on the top left of the screen, like when talking to a Trader, in the same box the opens when you have the text open and you choose options to talk, there is an occasional few people that will actually hear spoken words, while seeing the text to reply etc, but other people I speak to, that same box is just quite and you have to read what is being said without any actual audio talk at all. Now is this normal for the game, cause I am getting tired of reading every single persons comments and hardly hearing anything unless they are a major plot character.

Cause I need to know if this is my computer or the game, I just think that if anyone is important enough to have a quest or be part of a quest then they should at least be audio talking and not mostly read only text, I mean if so, you may as well read a book, because thats how I feel when I am playing. lol

Vaemer-Riit
02-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Almost all of the "small black box" conversations have no voice over, this is normal.

_Budweiser_
02-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Almost all of the "small black box" conversations have no voice over, this is normal.
That's normal, yes.

Considering there are tens of thousands of lines of text, the sheer size of sound files alone for VO, not to mention cost of payigng voice-actors, time of development, which would ultimately be passed on to the end-user, it's quite unfeasible that every sentence 'spoken' in dialogue would have voice-over unless in a smaller, more linear game.