PDA

View Full Version : Counter-Strike 1.6: Servers' List

Cole_win
02-13-2011, 06:33 PM
My servers list [for Counter-Strike 1.6] is coming up with hundred's of servers with thousands of players. Only problem:

none of the servers are legitimate servers and the players are all fake. The server is up for literally two seconds and it hops to the next map, and then onto the next. It doesn't even get to the map, it's just always loading to the next maps. However, the six servers I added to favorites when I used my old computer (when the servers actually worked) are still playable. So, I'm assuming its only me witnessing the problem. It's sort'a redundant playing the same six servers over-and-over.

I heard from another thread that Romanian hackers might have injected the servers list a while back, but no one provided and ample explanation to fix the dilemma.

My other games, C.O.D Black Ops and Garry's Mod, has reliable and playable servers. Thus, it's just the C.S 1.6 master servers list that's goofin' up. Any help, suggestions, and tips would be splendid.

-Cole

Cole_win
02-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Bump.

Cole_win
02-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Bamp.

ak22
02-14-2011, 12:02 PM
A lot of people complain about this.

Valve did nothing so far.

Cole_win
02-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Bumpy. Any suggestions/tips? Should I reinstall?

Cole_win
02-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Bumpy.

cs-veteran
02-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Nothing you can do about it. I just keep a list of favorites and stick with those. Get rid of the others.

CsThm
02-14-2011, 07:58 PM
Well, a simple fix what valve could do is:

There is an option on the top of server browser:
"Password"
"Bots"
"Secure"
"Servers" // cannot uncheck it
"IP Address"
"Game"
"Players"
"Map"
"Latency"

So they could add an extra "Redirect" one what would work like "Bots" (marking the servers what redirect). And a way to detect is it a redirect server or not is simple:

Once server browser gets information of new server, make a fake connection attempt. If server sends you console command "connect *anything*" (or alias "something" "something;connect something;something") before you normally would get to "Parsing game info..." or get kicked due to reservation slot, password, than mark it as a redirect server. If fake client gets to "Parsing game info..." or kicked due to password or reservation, than disconnect and shut down the fake client, and mark server as real.

However, this method will not only detect fake servers, but also servers what are full and use a redirect plugin what redirects people when there are no free slots. But I think it's worth a try.

Only thing what I don't understand is why VALVe didn't implant this method already?

ecko_
02-14-2011, 09:53 PM
So I take it that this problem is still unsolved?

mikde
08-15-2011, 07:33 AM
bump this is still an issue, If anyone knows any good servers could you put the IP here that would be nice

mikde
08-15-2011, 08:21 AM
here is a screen shot of my list right now 60% of the list brings you to the same server, The rest are filled with hackers/cracked users. Let me know if you see these same servers on you're list
http://imageshack.us/f/838/fakeeeeb.jpg/

vmarkk
08-17-2011, 06:04 PM
this is embarassing.
Maybe that's what valve wants, prevent people to play 1.6 and move to the new CSS.

dłnedain
08-18-2011, 02:29 AM
Well this also happens on CSS, not as much though.

Slinden
08-18-2011, 10:58 AM
I say use an external server list on a third party website. It's a ♥♥♥♥ing pain, but until Valve actually does anything (which I doubt they will), you'll have to do it.

Moklakins
08-18-2011, 11:03 PM
http://www.gametracker.com/search/cs/ Use this.

mikde
08-19-2011, 06:17 AM
http://www.gametracker.com/search/cs/ Use this.

no we payed for this game and we should be able to use the steam server list it's there issue and they need to fix it

Moklakins
08-19-2011, 06:56 PM
no we payed for this game and we should be able to use the steam server list it's there issue and they need to fix it

Yes but until they fix it gametracker is the best way to find games.

Krovvy
08-28-2011, 06:52 AM
Valve needs to read this thread.