PDA

View Full Version : Survival Barricade System

corpse916
02-13-2011, 07:27 PM
I am surprised nobody has posted about this or none that I can find using the Search.

Somebody has made a nifty variation of Survival called the Survival Barricade System (SBS)

It can be best described as similar to the Zombie mode in CoD with some Scavenging thrown in. Basically you gather wooden planks to barricade windows and doors, then start it like a Survival match and survive the waves of infected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq4grsIOzl4

I have played it, its quite fun if you enjoy Survival. Right now there's only one map, but I am sure more will be available or even ports will become available as time goes by. Map can be found here (http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=8353)

What are your thoughts on this?

Smear
02-13-2011, 08:43 PM
I've got to admit, in it's own way, this looks like it would be a lot of fun. I'd like to see a reduction in the weapons on offer... Being forced to defend your home with a pump action shot gun and a pistol seems much more 'barricade the house' to me.

In fact, with a healthy selection of T2, one might be forced to ask why the barricade was required. ;)

DialUpRanger
02-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Looks fun gonna give it a try

vamtheanomaly
02-14-2011, 01:37 AM
Id like to try this. I just wish there was this game with some of the stuff like Brain Bread had. and Zombie panic. I love holding out and baricade modes but not really a big fan of "play until you die", awesome work though.

Smear
02-14-2011, 02:19 AM
Id like to try this. I just wish there was this game with some of the stuff like Brain Bread had. and Zombie panic. I love holding out and baricade modes but not really a big fan of "play until you die", awesome work though.

You cuold play until the total number of infected you have killed is roughly the same as the local population in your area, give or take a few for tourism locally and abroad. :)

gonzo_og
02-14-2011, 06:41 AM
I think it's a great addition to survival. Takes teamwork to make it effective, though.