PDA

View Full Version : 360 controller not working

Modularized
02-14-2011, 07:31 AM
I tried turning the controller on before starting the game, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. It works in other games, but it isn't recognized in Burnout. Anyone know how to fix this? :(

disgraciau
02-16-2011, 02:54 AM
Same issue for me. I have an Xbox 360 wired controller and Windows 7.

Modularized
02-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Win7 64 x

serieus1
02-16-2011, 08:20 PM
works fine here on vista, sux when games lose their support. Have you tried changing the compatibility?

Kage_No_Shi
02-17-2011, 06:12 AM
Worked fine for me. Windows 7 x64

Worked fine in Vista x64 as well.

Me2nice
02-17-2011, 05:29 PM
And that's the ONLY controller plugged in at the time? There isn't another controller that could be causing a conflict?

Modularized
02-17-2011, 11:47 PM
No other controllers..

Brinny-chan
03-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Do you have it set up in your control Panel, and is it set up in the game? I do not know how it works for the 360 Controller as I use a PS2 controller with Windows 7.

Modularized
03-30-2011, 06:13 AM
It is recognized in my control panel and it works in other games perfectly fine, except not this game. It's not even recognized as an available controller ingame.

This is seriously upsetting me. I will gift an indie game to the person that helps me fix this bull♥♥♥♥. :mad:

Modularized
03-30-2011, 08:03 AM
I went to EA Live Chat as I saw some other people do it in this forum and they told me they can't fix my problem. This news obviously made me upset.

So I was transferred to the Senior Support Staff and then one Brian B. told me that there was nothing they could do. They know the issue but since it is not officially supported they can't help me out.

I did however get a free EA game of choice. Live Chat rocks.

Whimper
04-25-2011, 09:21 PM
I am also experiencing this problem. Win7 64bit. The Xbox 360 Wired Controller works fine in most other games, but it doesn't even show up as an option in Burnout: Paradise.

This really frustrates me, because this is one of the games I specifically bought the controller to play.

EDIT: EA Live Chat was less generous with me. I got connected to two different morons, whose combined wisdom was:

Moron A: "Install drivers, try it in an Xbox, make sure you're not connecting it with a USB charger, and then send it back to Microsoft because it's defective."

Moron B: "Go to Microsoft's website and look at the Technical Data Sheet. Maybe it is an instruction manual or something?"

//facepalm

JackZor87
05-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Have you tried to edit one of the controls and press any button on the controller? I had the same problem and this fixed it for me. After the game has recognized the controller you can restore the default settings for it and it works fine. Let me know if this helped.

Whimper
05-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Thanks JackZor87! EA's official support was advising me to install 3rd party PS3 controller drivers and do all sorts of ugly looking patching, before I read your response.

What you posted is much the same as what I eventually found on a Criterion Games FAQ.

Setup a Controller

The game will allow you to use any controller that Windows detects (all DirectInput and XInput controllers are supported).

If your controller has not automatically been detected and configured then you need to go to the ‘Control Options’ screen.

1. Press Esc while driving to bring up the ‘Drivers Details’ screen.
2. Press F1 or F2 until you see the ‘Under the Hood’ screen.
3. Select ‘Control Options’
4. Select an action (Steer Left, Steer Right…) and assign a controller input.

If your controller name is shown in the top right of the ‘Control Options’ screen you might want to select it and see if there are any default controls already setup.

The Xbox 360 Controller wasn't automatically detected, but I had to go to the Under The Hood options and edit the keyboard controls. Pushing Xbox buttons in there actually caused the controller to show up as another control option.

I'm looking forward to actually playing this game now, instead of fighting with EA over it. +REP

Modularized
05-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Thanks JackZor87! EA's official support was advising me to install 3rd party PS3 controller drivers and do all sorts of ugly looking patching, before I read your response.

What you posted is much the same as what I eventually found on a Criterion Games FAQ.

The Xbox 360 Controller wasn't automatically detected, but I had to go to the Under The Hood options and edit the keyboard controls. Pushing Xbox buttons in there actually caused the controller to show up as another control option.

I'm looking forward to actually playing this game now, instead of fighting with EA over it. +REP

So there is hope? :eek:

I must try this tomorrow! I can't wait to try this.. :D

Me2nice
05-12-2011, 05:20 PM
So there is hope? :eek:

I must try this tomorrow! I can't wait to try this.. :D

I forgot to mention. When I first started playing with my controller, doing what that person did caused the game to recognize it. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier...

Modularized
05-13-2011, 07:58 AM
I forgot to mention. When I first started playing with my controller, doing what that person did caused the game to recognize it. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier...

Grrr.. :mad:

Heh, oh well. It's working now. For some reason there are no defaults for my Wireless 360 controller, but that's just a minor annoyance now that I finally got this stupid thing working. So now I have a working controller AND Crysis 2. Booya. :D

Modularized
05-13-2011, 08:03 AM
Could someone give me the default controls for the game? I'd like to play with the default controls instead of figuring out what I like best since I'll probably like the default best. Grmbl stupid controller nonsense. Why doesn't it just work like in other games. :(

Me2nice
05-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Could someone give me the default controls for the game? I'd like to play with the default controls instead of figuring out what I like best since I'll probably like the default best. Grmbl stupid controller nonsense. Why doesn't it just work like in other games. :(

Set the controls to "default." If it recognizes your controller, it should show you the controls for it. It did so for my game.

Modularized
05-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Set the controls to "default." If it recognizes your controller, it should show you the controls for it. It did so for my game.

"For some reason there are no defaults for my Wireless 360 controller."

That meant that, for some reason, there are -no- defaults for my controller. So could you please be a darling and post the config? <3

Gimperial
05-14-2011, 06:13 AM
"For some reason there are no defaults for my Wireless 360 controller."

That meant that, for some reason, there are -no- defaults for my controller. So could you please be a darling and post the config? <3

RT - accelerate
LT - break
RB - change music track
LB - look behind
RB+LB - start showtime
< - map
A - boost
X - hand break

Modularized
05-14-2011, 06:25 AM
RT - accelerate
LT - break