PDA

View Full Version : The Screamer *Special Infected*

.:TBC:. Runner
02-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Hey Hey I've had this idea for a while, not sure if its been posted or talked of before so sorry if i'm repeating someone else but to my knowledge iI haven't heard this suggested.

Screecher
This is an SI who's role is like that of a boomer which is to dissorganise and dissorrientate the survivors - a Boomer partialy blinds the survivor that gets bile on them, the screamer deafens the survivor.

Attack:
The screamer fires a scream sound wave (invisable) in a simular aim mechanic as a smoker/spitter. The survivor(s) hit loose all in game sound for a portion of time simular to being blinded by boomer bile - the scream should be very directional so it can only hit 1 or two survivors unless the 4 are tightly packed together. The effected survivor is marked pink like a boom'd player and is left vulnerable as he/she can no longer hear the instructions or cries of his team mates over the mic or via the chat box - isolating them from their team mates in a simular manor to a boom'd player.

Death Cry:
When the screamer is killed it lets out a death scream that deafens everyone in a certain radius but for a much reduced time scale than the main attack - like when a bommer explodes the sick is protjected in a radial area.

Design:
Would need to be weak like a boomer/spitter and needs to move faster than a boomer, much more like a spitter or smoker in its movement so that it can move into range like a spitter does. Of course the character needs to make a lot of noise like a boomer and spitter does giving the survivors the fear and anticipation of the arriving threat.

I think the screamer character would be a good addition as it further mixes up the variety in which a VS team can build an attack as SI as i think removing sound from a player or 2 would be a very interesting tactic that could be devistating and an interesting twist upon being boom'd - a great means to break down the survivors team work and organisation that would effect the highly organised players perhaps more than a boomer can by breaking their vocal chain of support and tactical aid from team mates...

Please let me know what you think and post your support or ideas if you have any :)

Zeratulz
02-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Lol, a special infected that makes you lose sound? No thanks.

Moosejaw
02-14-2011, 07:14 PM
http://left4dead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Screamer

Austin-X
02-15-2011, 04:34 PM

Pwned.

I hope he was trolling. Everyone knows about the screamer. I mean. He practically described it word for word.:eek:

bloodfox1222
02-15-2011, 04:46 PM

This this this.

Gamesrock24
02-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Either this guy fails

Or this was an epic fail troll thread

02-16-2011, 02:38 AM
This was a naive and honest thread that i should have researched, wish this was a troll post then id feel like less of a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ XD ah well i should looked and googled the name but honestly never known about the scream :s and yer i didnt word for word describe it, in that wiki link there is no mention of it being a playble character with an actual attack... but yer either way i look ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ :p but i think ill leave it up to see how many troll responces it gets x

joejoeb88
02-16-2011, 03:05 AM
This was a naive and honest thread that i should have researched, wish this was a troll post then id feel like less of a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ XD ah well i should looked and googled the name but honestly never known about the scream :s and yer i didnt word for word describe it, in that wiki link there is no mention of it being a playble character with an actual attack... but yer either way i look ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ :p but i think ill leave it up to see how many troll responces it gets x

Man don't apologize, forget what everyone else says, it's a good idea and it was a well written post.

People on the internet always want to jump on others for the most insignificant semantics. So he named his SI the same as one that's been heavily talked about b4? It's like, who cares?!?!? Same kinda people who respond to your post just to correct the one word you misspelled.

It would be disorienting for that to happen, especially during a horde. I think it could work.

02-16-2011, 04:25 AM
Man don't apologize, forget what everyone else says, it's a good idea and it was a well written post.

People on the internet always want to jump on others for the most insignificant semantics. So he named his SI the same as one that's been heavily talked about b4? It's like, who cares?!?!? Same kinda people who respond to your post just to correct the one word you misspelled.

It would be disorienting for that to happen, especially during a horde. I think it could work.

Ha yer cheers :P bit of a fail on the name/research but made me laugh when i realised XD

But yer ty, i think the idea of taking sound away from a player could be more damaging to the better players that have learnt to live with the boomer bile as good players can really see enough and are usually well placed to cope with being boom'd but loosing all verbal communication and game sound i recon would be a good slant as for example they wouldn't hear their team mates screaming for help :P

bl4ckrider
02-16-2011, 06:25 AM
Killing Floor has a similar enemy, the Siren ( http://kf-wiki.com/wiki/Siren ).

I'd say blocking out sound wouldn't be such a bad thing - all the zombies just make too much noise in the game and sometimes I think it is easier to play this game blind rather than deaf.

But yea, has been suggested before.