PDA

View Full Version : Shoving shouldn't kill people in one hit

Dobin
02-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Especially when the survivor has his back to the infected...

Fix the glitch valve. I just had the opportunity for the greatest pounce on coach but he shoved a zombie in front of him at the same time I pounced him from behind, and instantly died. Then I raged.

Aelok
02-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Yes, glitches are annoying.
Jockey can be instant killed with shoves or if hit by an intected's claw attack during the pounce. The latter also applies to hunters.

At this stage i'm wondering if they CAN fix it, it's been in the game since day 1.

Xalphin
02-14-2011, 07:11 PM
would be nice.

Orade
02-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Yes, glitches are annoying.
Jockey can be instant killed with shoves or if hit by an intected's claw attack during the pounce. The latter also applies to hunters.

At this stage i'm wondering if they CAN fix it, it's been in the game since day 1.

It doesn't kill the hunter, just stuns him.

KHANNNNNN
02-14-2011, 08:25 PM

Very rarely it does auto-kill the hunter, I'm not sure of the exact cirumstances though. It does happen.

Kool Mode D
02-15-2011, 05:29 AM
This also happens to the Jockey as well.

Dobin
02-15-2011, 06:17 AM
Very rarely it does auto-kill the hunter, I'm not sure of the exact cirumstances though. It does happen.

Trust me it auto kills the hunter, Coach was isolated and I had full health, once again the worst part of this glitch is where it combines with another glitch where the survivor can shove somebody behind them, and then they kill the hunter about to pounce them from behind.

Aelok
02-15-2011, 06:19 AM

Shoves stun hunters, yes. Thats not what I said though, I said if an infected claws a hunter while hes pouncing it can instant kill him, same bug shared by the Jockey but not the shove bug the Jockey has..

RugbyOddjob
02-15-2011, 07:00 AM
Everyone has a "WTF??? He wasn't even facing me FFS!" story but you need to remember that what you "see" is something that has actually been and gone, as the game engine catches up to the data.

So although you felt you were spot on and the Surv wasn't even looking in your direction, you may have been off by quite a bit but didn't "see" that. Your scream as you pounced caused the Surv to go a 180 and shoot / melee but to your screen he was looking completely the wrong way.

Just look at the Hunter Hitboxes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKKQmdRFIgY) to see what is where and at what time.

The claw situation is a bug though, where a minor scratch will take health to zero and death in a heartbeat.

misterfitz
02-15-2011, 07:08 AM
Just look at the Hunter Hitboxes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKKQmdRFIgY) to see what is where and at what time.

Good job. +Rep.

Tranix
02-15-2011, 03:35 PM
the good ole Phantom Bash to kill a jockey

Sublime2k
02-15-2011, 05:25 PM
After horrible hitboxes, probably the most annoying thing is getting instantly killed in the middle of a pounce, as either jockey or hunter. I think even your infected team mates can kill if if they accidentally hit you in the middle of a jump as a jockey.

bloodfox1222
02-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Everyone has a "WTF??? He wasn't even facing me FFS!" story but you need to remember that what you "see" is something that has actually been and gone, as the game engine catches up to the data.

So although you felt you were spot on and the Surv wasn't even looking in your direction, you may have been off by quite a bit but didn't "see" that. Your scream as you pounced caused the Surv to go a 180 and shoot / melee but to your screen he was looking completely the wrong way.

The claw situation is a bug though, where a minor scratch will take health to zero and death in a heartbeat.

Holy freaking crap. Thats a huge different in model and hitbox.

Dobin
02-15-2011, 08:19 PM

Why doesn't Valve fix this?

zato-1
02-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Why doesn't Valve fix this?

its like this intentionally or the hunter doesnt function well in an online environment with anything less than awesome pings.

Zora-Link
02-15-2011, 10:10 PM

Rugby, while I'm all for educating people on how Source works, the issue isn't necessarily that he hit him while 'looking the other way,' it's the shove/claw insta killing a jockey/hunter. This is a bug that does need to be a fixed, certainly.

mystrdat
02-16-2011, 01:49 AM
This gamebreaking bug, like many other major bugs, is in the game since launch. Undoubtedly, it will never get fixed, so you better get used to it folks.

RugbyOddjob
02-16-2011, 02:09 AM
Rugby, while I'm all for educating people on how Source works, the issue isn't necessarily that he hit him while 'looking the other way,' it's the shove/claw insta killing a jockey/hunter. This is a bug that does need to be a fixed, certainly.

I refer you to the bottom line that you quoted:

"The claw situation is a bug though, where a minor scratch will take health to zero and death in a heartbeat."

So agreeing but also pointing out the "he wasn't even facing me" bleat is due to perspective.