PDA

View Full Version : Please remove voting

seanj
02-15-2011, 12:46 AM
I keep getting kicked from games for no reason. I see others get kicked too. I don't think the L4D community is civil enough to handle the ability to vote against players. Please remove the voting feature so they can't randomly kick people for laughs anymore.

Acuzio
02-15-2011, 12:54 AM
1/10, VTK will never be removed. If it ever is I'll eat my foot.

Bindal
02-15-2011, 01:38 AM
When you keep getting kicked then the problem is not the votekick but you.

wurrwurr
02-15-2011, 04:47 AM
I don't think the L4D community is civil enough to handle the ability to speak with other players. Please remove the voice-chat and text-chat features so they can't mic-spam and talk ♥♥♥♥.

KiLLaToY
02-15-2011, 04:59 AM
This is just another reason why you should play with friends and not randoms.

Swirlsv
02-15-2011, 06:34 AM
I keep getting kicked from games for no reason. I see others get kicked too. I don't think the L4D community is civil enough to handle the ability to vote against players. Please remove the voting feature so they can't randomly kick people for laughs anymore.

Or maybe you are too new/bad at the game to know what you did wrong.

People don't kick you for fun - there's always a reason, and sometimes it's obvious, sometimes you don't know. They won't tell you, but if you're new, you'll probably never know.

Suck it up. Most people's been through this.

mike90t09
02-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Getting vote kicked makes you a man. It's almost inevitable when you play random games.

It's not going anywhere. Just keep playing.

efitz11
02-15-2011, 08:04 AM
There are 2 reasons for getting vote kicked:

You suck, you're bringing the team down and they don't want to deal with you.
The team is bringing in a friend. You're getting kicked no matter how good you are.

After
02-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Let's vote on it.

Xeesheava
02-15-2011, 10:49 AM

Mmmh... NO!
* fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap *

TheAlphaMale
02-16-2011, 01:49 AM
I think that if you create the lobby, you should be able to decide if votes are allowed. I've had games i've made and then been kicked for some stupid reason and it annoys the hell out of me, or having someone want to change it.

If you make the game, you should have the option to be god of that game, if the others don't like it, they can leave!

Bindal
02-16-2011, 02:25 AM
I think that if you create the lobby, you should be able to decide if votes are allowed. I've had games i've made and then been kicked for some stupid reason and it annoys the hell out of me, or having someone want to change it.

If you make the game, you should have the option to be god of that game, if the others don't like it, they can leave!
I tend to do something similar on my local server. Played a game and someone kept voting for advanced what I didn't want to play. So when it passed, I simply spawned four Tanks - the vote back to normal came faster than anything else and a vote for Advanced never came up again.
Also, I think voting for Expert should be disabled in games not started on expert. People tend to think "Hey, I took 30 damage on the first map. I'm da pro, I can play expert already". That they won't survive 10 seconds on expert is acutally very obvious yet they vote, vote passes and they die...
(It should be enabled for games started on expert as it might be help players getting past a situation they can't simply manage on expert but want to keep play expert later on, so they vote advanced, pass said situation, vote back to expert and finish the game)

CUDpwns
02-16-2011, 02:31 AM
Vote kicking can really come in handy if some ♥♥♥♥♥♥bag starts griefing you, what would you do without it in a situation like that?

GeOMETRIC-_-
02-16-2011, 02:33 AM

If that is the case then please remove the lobby system as I do not want to get entrapped in someone else dictatorship.

DoubleDash7
02-16-2011, 04:27 AM

I'm not sure how new you are, but that is most likely the reason you are getting kicked. I think it's very stupid as no one is going to learn unless they can play with other people. Sure you should play single player first, but eventually playing with human players helps a lot more.

I never participate in a kick vote unless the person is griefing, or if I can save someone from being kicked who I don't believe should be kicked.

In some way, it's probably better that you were kicked, because you are better off finding NICE people to play with than most of the idiots who play this game. Vote kicks can tell you a lot about another player.

When you keep getting kicked then the problem is not the votekick but you.

Typical response from someone who can't think outside the box they live in and just generalise. Not every vote kick is because the person is bad. Some people are just jerks who like to kick for the fun of it or those who kick for a friend. They should be playing a friends only game. Public is to play with random people (although chances are you have played with some people before).

Bindal
02-16-2011, 04:53 AM
Typical response from someone who can't think outside the box they live in and just generalise. Not every vote kick is because the person is bad. Some people are just jerks who like to kick for the fun of it or those who kick for a friend. They should be playing a friends only game. Public is to play with random people (although chances are you have played with some people before).
Sure, not all kicks are - but when someone gets kicked as often as he does (or at least claims to get), then it's obvious that most of them are because he's the problem and not the others being jerks (as it's very unrealistic to think that from like 30 kicks in a short time, all 30 are just because the other players are jerks)

CakeWalk
02-17-2011, 12:11 AM
At the end of the day, a vote command is much better than no vote command. ♥Imagine not having the ability to at least try to kick griefers?

On vs, where the votekick is most often used, i would say the ratio is
Player is useless- 50%
player is afk - 20%
players having an argument - 20%
totally random/unjust - 10%

Of course what defines useless or unjust is open to interpretation. ♥When i was learning to play versus, i got kicked in about 80% of the games i played. ♥Now its about 10-20% of the time and is either because I'm not up to the standard of the other players/make a howling mistake or just random (eg: I'm waiting in a good boom spot and my teammates assume I'm opting out of the fight). ♥

If you are getting kicked a lot, then it's just a case of perseverance. ♥The better you get, the less you'll get kicked. ♥But you'll never get your rate down to zero.♥

Think of it as learning to play a sport. As a beginner, you'll spend a lot of time on the subs bench.♥

Trollhammer
02-17-2011, 06:37 AM
To be honest the community in pubs in this game is outright horrible, especially in vs. They vtk left and right just for the luls and grief the hell outta ya so yes, the general community aint mature enough to handle the vtk feature. This the main reason I got tired of this game, the community it fostered. Hell, you see more mature people in WoW for crying out loud. Don't even get me started on the second one. Sheesh...

SilentOne
02-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Just because you do not know why you were kicked does not mean you were kicked without a reason.
Whether it was because they wanted the slot for a friend, or they were griefing or what ever the reason might be, won't change the fact that these core reasons will still exist, people will still want friends to join them, griefers will find other ways to cause trouble so the removal of the vote kick won't change this fact.
Instead try having a friend join you, you can't be kicked if the vote doesn't get a majority, by removing the vote kick you stop players from getting rid of griefers.

As for who ever starts the lobby getting godlike powers, that's silly, if you want that then run your own server, I don't want some guy having the ability to hamper my game just because I might have upset him somehow.

TheAlphaMale
02-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Vote kicking can really come in handy if some ♥♥♥♥♥♥bag starts griefing you, what would you do without it in a situation like that?

Kill the griefer? Repeatedly and hilariously.

TheAlphaMale
02-17-2011, 02:42 PM
If that is the case then please remove the lobby system as I do not want to get entrapped in someone else dictatorship.

You see the lobby options, don't like it you can move on or #gasp# create a game to your liking.

What was the problem again?

JediMastr80
02-17-2011, 02:43 PM
I don't think the L4D community is civil enough to handle the ability to speak with other players. Please remove the voice-chat and text-chat features so they can't mic-spam and talk ♥♥♥♥.

How about just Mute the Person like you can in TF2?
That would be enough.

wurrwurr
02-17-2011, 06:14 PM
How about just Mute the Person like you can in TF2?
That would be enough.
Sorry, didn't put tag.