PDA

View Full Version : Death's Door: Love It!

1N54N3
02-15-2011, 03:49 AM
I just wanted to stop by the forums to say how much fun I've been having playing Death's Door on Expert. I dont know how many others of you have tried this, but its the most fun I've had with L4D2 since it came out. I was also hoping that if we can get enough support, that maybe Valve would add it as another permanent gameplay mode. What do you all think? Please let your voice be heard so maybe Valve will listen! :D

Zeratulz
02-15-2011, 04:02 AM
It won't get added as a permanent mode, but I'm sure Rayman will be pleased to hear people like it so much. :]

+1 for Death's Door.

julmiZ
02-15-2011, 04:14 AM
Its great.

IMO there should be a poll after every new mutation release so people could vote if they'd like it to be permanent or not.

Bindal
02-15-2011, 04:19 AM
Its great.

IMO there should be a poll after every new mutation release so people could vote if they'd like it to be permanent or not.
SO we have after a year all mutations permanent and 30 different modes to choose from? Yeah, makes total sense.

Just take a look a Realism VS - everyone wanted it to be permanent and by now, it's the least played mode (par with Survival). Doubt it will be any different with any other mutation.

Lulzfish
02-15-2011, 04:47 AM
it's the least played mode (par with Survival).
So should we eliminate unpopular modes until all we have left is Vanilla Versus, or maybe co-op Campaign?

It's fine if something isn't popular. There's people who want to play it, and if they can play it longer, they'll be happy.

J-Factor
02-15-2011, 05:19 AM
SO we have after a year all mutations permanent and 30 different modes to choose from? Yeah, makes total sense.

Just take a look a Realism VS - everyone wanted it to be permanent and by now, it's the least played mode (par with Survival). Doubt it will be any different with any other mutation.

What kills new game modes is Valve's menu design. The average player wants to play Campaign or Versus (maybe Survival/Single-Player too). Many players would also play Realism Campaign/Versus but they'd fall back to the usual modes if no games were available. Very few players will only play Realism and not bother otherwise.

So what does Valve's menu system support? Only the average player and the very few players. You pick an icon, find online games and hope there are some. Some people go to the effort and try to find Realism games - most don't even bother and just go straight to normal Campaign/Versus.

This could be easily fixed if Valve consolidated the menu into:

Single Player
Campaign
Survival
Scavenge
Versus

...and then actually used the "Game Mode" column in the online game list. Instead of this sillyness:

Dead Center Versus 2 Games
Dark Carnival Versus 1 Game
Hard Rain Versus 1 Game
No Mercy Versus 2 Games

...we could have this:

Hard Rain Versus 1 Game
No Mercy Versus 2 Games
Dead Center Realism Versus 1 Game
Swamp Fever Realism Versus 1 Game
The Passing Taaannnkk!! 1 Game
No Mercy Bleed Out Versus 1 Lobby

Then open up the ability to start of lobby for any mutation and suddenly people would be playing things they would never have even thought of trying. The only issue I can think of with this is how it'd work out on the Xbox 360.

RugbyOddjob
02-15-2011, 07:16 AM
One question regarding RVS: Do the stats go up for games on people's private dedicated servers, like mine.

The guys and gals I play with probably play RVS 85% of the time and only Versus on new maps or if we want to spin a game out (RVS gametime = 35 minutes Versus = 70 minutes).

I see on the forum that folks are saying "no one is playing RVS" but there are groups (Mambini's thread will lead you to that) and my own couple of groups that play it to death.

Just wondering? :confused:

Rayman1103
02-15-2011, 07:26 AM
It won't get added as a permanent mode, but I'm sure Rayman will be pleased to hear people like it so much. :]

+1 for Death's Door.

Yes I am pleased. Glad everyone likes it so much.

PΛRΛĐIĞM
02-15-2011, 10:15 AM
I just wanted to stop by the forums to say how much fun I've been having playing Death's Door on Expert. I dont know how many others of you have tried this, but its the most fun I've had with L4D2 since it came out. I was also hoping that if we can get enough support, that maybe Valve would add it as another permanent gameplay mode. What do you all think? Please let your voice be heard so maybe Valve will listen! :D

Death's Door + Realism, Then I'll put a sign down on it.

Stagger Lee
02-15-2011, 11:11 AM
What kills new game modes is Valve's menu design. The average player wants to play Campaign or Versus (maybe Survival/Single-Player too). Many players would also play Realism Campaign/Versus but they'd fall back to the usual modes if no games were available. Very few players will only play Realism and not bother otherwise.

So what does Valve's menu system support? Only the average player and the very few players. You pick an icon, find online games and hope there are some. Some people go to the effort and try to find Realism games - most don't even bother and just go straight to normal Campaign/Versus.

This could be easily fixed if Valve consolidated the menu into:

Single Player
Campaign
Survival
Scavenge
Versus

...and then actually used the "Game Mode" column in the online game list. Instead of this sillyness:

Hard Rain Versus 1 Game
No Mercy Versus 2 Games

...we could have this:

Hard Rain Versus 1 Game
No Mercy Versus 2 Games
Dead Center Realism Versus 1 Game
Swamp Fever Realism Versus 1 Game
The Passing Taaannnkk!! 1 Game
No Mercy Bleed Out Versus 1 Lobby

Then open up the ability to start of lobby for any mutation and suddenly people would be playing things they would never have even thought of trying. The only issue I can think of with this is how it'd work out on the Xbox 360.

Good ideas here.

Hey Valve! Look!