PDA

View Full Version : I've completed the campagin... then what shall I do next?

aun61
02-15-2011, 03:21 AM
I spent just 3 days to completed it. (after encounter many crashes and bugs during game play)

There is no achievement.
There is no multi-player mode, nor online experience.
I've completed all mission maps in custom game (actually there are 2)
The rest maps are sand-box mode, no opponent, nothing challenge at all and I cant even share those dungeons after I build the entire map.

I have nothing to do with this game anymore.
It's not worth for 40USD.

I pre-order it because I expected it was Dungeon Keeper, also I'm pretty addicted to Kalypso's Tropico.
I wish the game should provide more game play experience, likes multi-player, map and mission maker, more download-able missions.

I hope the developer should lunch the new maps fast :/

aun61
02-15-2011, 03:25 AM
The point is I like the game but it's too short.

Ric666
02-15-2011, 04:21 AM
I've still to play the campaign past lvl2 or 3...lol...

I only play sandbox as I like just building as a nice chilled pace to make the dungeon of my dreams. Map maker is coming soon(no solid date yet) which will in turn spawn loads of new sandbox & challenge maps I'm sure.

Multiplayer has also been discussed alot on the kalypso forums & I beleive that the developers really want to introduce this but it will take a wee bit of time.

fingers crossed :)

SDFilm
02-15-2011, 10:15 AM
I've still to play the campaign past lvl2 or 3...lol...

I only play sandbox as I like just building as a nice chilled pace to make the dungeon of my dreams. Map maker is coming soon(no solid date yet) which will in turn spawn loads of new sandbox & challenge maps I'm sure.

Multiplayer has also been discussed alot on the kalypso forums & I beleive that the developers really want to introduce this but it will take a wee bit of time.

fingers crossed :)

I do hope that the map maker would come out very soon, as at the moment Skirmish/Sandbox is too limited.

I haven't played the campaign mode yet (I love sandbox and game options in general), but I do wonder how I can invade a rival dungeon when the combat mechanics are very defensive.

Skirmish/sandbox modes give the game so much more replay-value. Evil Genious could have easily been the next DK3* if it only had that.

*Yes, I know that Dungeons isn't supposed to be DK3.

Mr_Eon
02-15-2011, 12:31 PM
A Mapmaker would be nice as you'd be able to make most of the map blank rock or gold, whack in a few hero portals at the edges and actually design a dungeon without working around all the crap that the level designers seem to think are vitally important in Dungeon.

teak
02-15-2011, 12:43 PM
a map editor and a lua api documentation is already available.
Here you go: Map Editor (http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=8550)
Modding API documentation (http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=8532)

valacan
02-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Sandbox mode is your answer. Or play the campaign again and build your Dungeon Lord in a different way.
Also, you finished the campaign in 3 days? Do you not work or go to school?

Eaglesight
02-17-2011, 12:53 AM
Sandbox mode is your answer. Or play the campaign again and build your Dungeon Lord in a different way.
Also, you finished the campaign in 3 days? Do you not work or go to school?
What a stupid question. Whether I have a 9 hour thing everyday, I shouldn't have to pay 40 USD for a crapgame which there is nothing else than a campaign in.

If you look at RTS'es nowdays, you always see a Custom Game vs AI option, atleast from the good game companies, who have experience.

SDFilm
02-17-2011, 04:26 AM
If you look at RTS'es nowdays, you always see a Custom Game vs AI option, atleast from the good game companies, who have experience.

Unfortunately that isn't the trend I've seen with games like the Total War series. For example- in Medieval 2 TW you could have multiple sides fighting and any amount of unit-buying 'money', but if I remember correctly in Empire TW you can only get 2 sides and "Medium" or "large" purchasing power. Why?

DustyMonkey
02-17-2011, 04:57 AM
What a stupid question. Whether I have a 9 hour thing everyday, I shouldn't have to pay 40 USD for a crapgame which there is nothing else than a campaign in.

9 hours * 3 days = 27 hours

I have also played 27 hours so far, but have only gotten to beating the zombie king in the campaign last map. It is my understanding that I am 1/3rd of the way through the campaign now.

So essentially you appear to have been rushing through the game, which is your choice, and are now crying that its not long enough.

Here is an idea.. next time dont skip 2/3rds of the game.

Jean Plantagnet
02-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Not all the custom maps are easy sandboxes. Some are survival modes where you just hold out as long as you can.