PDA

View Full Version : Newb question: This or R:TW?

Moe45673
02-15-2011, 04:42 PM
My RTS experience lies pretty much with C&C. I've played every one of them (including Red Alerts) except C&C3, C&C4, and the FPS one. I must have played the first C&C back in 1996

I love strategy games. Citybuilding, turn-based, hell the simple and old boardgame Risk, they're all uniquely fun amirite?

For some reason, I've ignored the RTS genre aside from C&C. I want to catch up on the best this genre has to offer and TW is an obvious choice. I currently own King Arthur Roleplaying Wargame, Company of Heroes, CoH Opposing Fronts, and Warcraft 3 (though I have yet to play any of them as I finish up with Tropico 3 and Red Alert 3: Uprising).

I'm going to ask this question here and in the R:TW forums as I'm guessing both forums are biased. I plan on buying the full complete version of either with all the expansion packs. I am slightly inclined to M2TW due to the prettier graphics.

Which one?

viceice85
02-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Well it depends really what time frames you like better...Do you prefer knights in shining armor striking down their foes? Do you prefer fighting barbarians over muslims? Do you want you prefer old world siege tech...or early gunpowder tech? Both are fine games so you cannot go wrong with either one...

And both have a lot of mods to play once you are done with Vanilla...so like I said its a question of which time frames...or which have the better mods you like...

However I have spent many more hours on Rome then Med II...

chrs3
02-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Maybe you should wait some weeks untill Shogun 2 comes out. Might be they offer a pack again with all the previous Total War titles for such a nice price you'll curse that you bought just one of them a few weeks before. Most Total War games are good and give many many hours game fun.

Personally I like Medieval II most, played it uncountable more hours then any other TW title. I like the battles more then in Rome and also the graphics. But compare it to Medieval I then I would surely say to get Rome.
I hope in the future they will make a Medieval 3 or at least a Rome 2!! I've not so intrest in the Shogun, I will skip for that. But I want to see Medieval or Rome in the new graphics of today.

chrs3
02-23-2011, 11:00 AM
BTW check this!! You can have both titles for same price and for not much more Empire & Napoleon with it.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1768214