PDA

View Full Version : Three remaining L4D1 Campaigns?

mondegreen
02-16-2011, 06:21 PM
From today's blog post:

The easiest starting point for new campaigns is the three remaining Left 4 Dead 1 campaigns...

I assume that means no love for Crash Course?

Don't get me wrong - I'm glad to see the other classic L4D1 maps finally being brought over... I just find it a little odd that they would leave out CC if they are bringing the rest over. I know it's not a community favorite, but it grew on me in the months leading up to L4D2's release. I'd love to see it included in L4D2 at some point.

Anyway, thanks for the info on the coming DLC, Valve. Can't wait :D

prophecy holder
02-16-2011, 06:23 PM
I wonder what those people who kept saying "THEY'LL NEVER PORT THEM, GIVE UP" are thinking right about now. ;)

TF2StyleSupport
02-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Right. That was not really unexpected. So now that L4D1 would be irrelevant soon, can I get my money back or at least an apology with a complimentary L4D2 to replace the first game?

bloodfox1222
02-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Right. That was not really unexpected. So now that L4D1 would be irrelevant soon, can I get my money back or at least an apology with a complimentary L4D2 to replace the first game?

Don't be a greedy selfish jerk. You don't deserve L4D2 just because you bought the first game.

Zora-Link
02-16-2011, 06:40 PM

No, you can keep playing the first game, that is still fully functional and its own game.

Ok? Thanks.

PixelSith64
02-16-2011, 06:41 PM

L4D1 and L4D2 still are two different games with different strategies. The way to run through No Mercy in L4D2 is different than in L4D1.

Also, what about the people who bought both games? That's kind of a "screw you" to those that were willing to purchase both and not just one.

Dargaret
02-16-2011, 06:47 PM

Do you get refunds on your old hardware, computers, cars, houses?

Shut up (ya downer).

JezMM
02-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Pfft, Crash Course is what the MAINSTEAM alternative people wonder about. What about porting the very first DLC campaign, The Last Stand? 8O

(But no seriously I want CC too).

I'll never understand why people feel entitled to free content either. I paid to play L4D1 when it was first released. People who get the campaigns now have missed out on the 3 years of fun I already got to enjoy.

OwMyToe
02-16-2011, 06:55 PM
I'll never understand why people feel entitled to free content either.

Okay, I'm sorry - I really want nothing to do with the argument but I chuckled when I read this because people who own L4D2 but didn't buy L4D *are* getting free content. :D

JezMM
02-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Well gosh I should e-mail every game company that has ever included stages from previous titles into newer releases. Nintendo owe me a ton of free content for the latest Smash Bros and Mario Karts!

OwMyToe
02-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Well gosh I should e-mail every game company that has ever included stages from previous titles into newer releases. Nintendo owe me a ton of free content for the latest Smash Bros and Mario Karts!

lolwut

xxxVJ300xxx
02-16-2011, 10:09 PM
Last Stand was bad.

Crash Course was ok, but enh.

Kinkade!
02-16-2011, 11:25 PM
L4D1 and L4D2 still are two different games with different strategies. The way to run through No Mercy in L4D2 is different than in L4D1.

Also, what about the people who bought both games? That's kind of a "screw you" to those that were willing to purchase both and not just one.

I bought both games and it doesnt bother me at all.

Its just the world of computers really, things become dated by newer stuff extremley quickly.

You can buy the top graphics card, and a week later a better comes out thats cheaper.

No one is forced to buy anything, and if you hold off incase something better comes out, your just going to spend your life waiting.

Remyz
02-16-2011, 11:39 PM
I really want to like L4D2 but I have always get bored playing it. DA and BH being ported might finally make it fun, now they just need to make the Hunter as agile as he is in L4D1 and buff his spawn rate.

I can dream. :(

Zora-Link
02-17-2011, 01:07 AM
I really want to like L4D2 but I have always get bored playing it. DA and BH being ported might finally make it fun, now they just need to make the Hunter as agile as he is in L4D1 and buff his spawn rate.

I can dream. :(

The hunter plays exactly the same in both games.

KieranMitchell
02-17-2011, 01:10 AM
I wonder what those people who kept saying "THEY'LL NEVER PORT THEM, GIVE UP" are thinking right about now. ;)

Ask Bindal and find out lol.

Lildaani
02-17-2011, 01:12 AM

I, and many other people, disagree with you.

Zora-Link
02-17-2011, 01:20 AM
I, and many other people, disagree with you.

If the hunter was so horrendously different in L4D2, the hunter training map would be impossible in L4D2. The only difference in 2 is bunny hop pounces. Besides that, it plays exactly the same. It only feels 'heavy' because of the confined spaces in L4D2 maps. Otherwise the hunter wouldn't work the same in No Mercy.

Darth Z
02-17-2011, 01:43 AM
If the hunter was so horrendously different in L4D2, the hunter training map would be impossible in L4D2. The only difference in 2 is bunny hop pounces. Besides that, it plays exactly the same. It only feels 'heavy' because of the confined spaces in L4D2 maps. Otherwise the hunter wouldn't work the same in No Mercy.

Exactly, the hunter isn't different, the level design is.

I'm glad we're getting the old hunter-friendly maps in L4D2.

Dojab
02-17-2011, 01:55 AM
Don't be a greedy selfish jerk. You don't deserve L4D2 just because you bought the first game.

You deserve L4D1 for buying L4D2?

Do you get refunds on your old hardware, computers, cars, houses?

Shut up (ya downer).

Did people get replacement systems along with an extended warranty from the Red Rings of Death?
Both L4D2 and the Xbox360 were rushed out too soon.

RugbyOddjob
02-17-2011, 02:13 AM
Crash Course has bad memories for me, as it was one DLC release that totally borked the game for so many people.

Luckily this hasn't been repeated in subsequent DLC releases or updates......oh hang on.....:D

Mambini
02-17-2011, 03:01 AM

rofl!

Weren't you one of them ? :eek:

silvereye27
02-17-2011, 03:01 AM
This is great, although im slightlys worried about how long this is going to take to download O.O

Also, just to confirm, but this community campaign coldstream, are they basically saying there actually going to turn it into an offical campaign and that you wont need to download it off L4D maps?

Dojab
02-17-2011, 03:12 AM
Also, just to confirm, but this community campaign coldstream, are they basically saying there actually going to turn it into an offical campaign and that you wont need to download it off L4D maps?

Yeah, only good part of this.

RugbyOddjob
02-17-2011, 03:23 AM
Yeah, only good part of this.

ONLY GOOD PART!!?!!?!

Lawdy some people are never satisfied :rolleyes:

henrikhe
02-17-2011, 03:32 AM
well, some people have entitelment problems. i for one look forward to playing dead air with spitter, jockey and charger.

Remyz
02-17-2011, 03:35 AM

Maybe its the levels maybe it isnt. Play l4d1 for a week and then play him in l4d2, it feels sooooo awful in l4d2 its off putting

Monochrom
02-17-2011, 03:48 AM

Nope. Off the Top of my Head, I know that atleast Bunny Hoping isn't possible in L4D2. I only really played the L4D1 Hunter on Hunter Training, but it also atleast felt more fluid to me.

Kool Mode D
02-17-2011, 10:04 AM

No, you can keep playing the first game, that is still fully functional and its own game.

Ok? Thanks.

Agreed with Zora.

bloodfox1222
02-17-2011, 10:06 AM
You deserve L4D1 for buying L4D2?

Did people get replacement systems along with an extended warranty from the Red Rings of Death?
Both L4D2 and the Xbox360 were rushed out too soon.

I already bought L4D1 before these DLCs were announced. And i do not feel like i should get my money back.

mike576
02-17-2011, 10:13 AM

Well idk if this has to do with playing the same, but the hunter is also missing wall kick animations and looks pretty stupid when he's all stiff and not moving in a superman pose while turning and kicking off walls.

Also, I love getting high damage bunny hop pounces in the original.

OwMyToe
02-17-2011, 10:14 AM
well, some people have entitelment problems. i for one look forward to playing dead air with spitter, jockey and charger.

How exactly is it an entitlement problem to disagree with something? It would seem more an entitlement problem to look down on someone who doesn't share your viewpoint.

*shrug*

Threesixtyci
02-17-2011, 10:25 AM
They need to fix "Swamp Fever" that's what they need to do....
I don't get it, they have the manpower to port 3 campaigns but they don't have the manpower to remove a few windows from a jet, fix the premature gate detonation, and remove that second tank from the second tank spawn....

Acermors
02-17-2011, 10:32 AM
and remove that second tank from the second tank spawn....

That second Tank isn't a bug... :confused:

Tyrant vs Tank
02-17-2011, 10:45 AM
THAT second tank was one of things that made the Swamp Fever finale unique.

Seeing as how the tank is completely dependent on spawn location vs location to the survivors. Having a second tank does help pin them in.

Threesixtyci
02-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Well, if it isn't a bug then they should do the same for all the campaigns.... Although, I bet that second tank wasn't intended, regardless.

Another thing they should do is remove the forklift from the finale of Dark Carnival. Removing that forklift would make it impossible to climb on those slabs of plywood/sheetrock. Which in turn would solve the AI pathing problem when a group camps up there....

As for the future port of Dead Air.... they need replace the truck with something that you can't climb onto. To keep people from moving a luggage rack between the truck and the nose of the plane and then jumping onto the plane....

Stagger Lee
02-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Well, if it isn't a bug then they should do the same for all the campaigns.... Although, I bet that second tank wasn't intended, regardless.

Another thing they should do is remove the forklift from the finale of Dark Carnival.

yes it is.

Threesixtyci
02-17-2011, 11:02 AM
yes it is.
...because you say so?
Sorry, that's not enough.

With all the other godspot oversights..
I have little faith that anything they make is fully tested.

Tyrant vs Tank
02-17-2011, 11:07 AM
The second tank is a part of the campaign finale.

Unless they really forgot about it.

Though Swamp Fever is a bit of mess of a campaign in vs anyway. Worst in either game in terms of just gigantic ♥♥♥♥ ups.

Acermors
02-17-2011, 01:21 PM
...because you say so?
Sorry, that's not enough.

No, because the finale vscript says so.

//-----------------------------------------------------
local PANIC = 0
local TANK = 1
local DELAY = 2

DirectorOptions <-
{

D_CustomFinale_StageCount = 8

D_CustomFinale1 = PANIC
D_CustomFinaleValue1 = 2

D_CustomFinale2 = DELAY
D_CustomFinaleValue2 = 12

D_CustomFinale3 = TANK
D_CustomFinaleValue3 = 1

D_CustomFinale4 = DELAY
D_CustomFinaleValue4 = 12

D_CustomFinale5 = PANIC
D_CustomFinaleValue5 = 2

D_CustomFinale6 = DELAY
D_CustomFinaleValue6 = 15

D_CustomFinale7 = TANK
D_CustomFinaleValue7 = 2

D_CustomFinale8 = DELAY
D_CustomFinaleValue8 = 10

SpecialRespawnInterval = 55

}

See the part where it says D_CustomFinale7 = TANK? See the number 2 below it? Intended.

As for DC, the forklift is the only thing making the Tank sometimes useful in that map. All they need to do is put a player_clip around the sheetrock. It takes a few seconds and then no Survivor can get on them.

Zora-Link
02-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Maybe its the levels maybe it isnt. Play l4d1 for a week and then play him in l4d2, it feels sooooo awful in l4d2 its off putting

Not really. I played L4D1 No Mercy then played L4D2 No Mercy. Played exactly the same way. Rose tinted glasses don't mean much.

Nope. Off the Top of my Head, I know that atleast Bunny Hoping isn't possible in L4D2. I only really played the L4D1 Hunter on Hunter Training, but it also atleast felt more fluid to me.

See...

__________________________________________________ _________

Well idk if this has to do with playing the same, but the hunter is also missing wall kick animations and looks pretty stupid when he's all stiff and not moving in a superman pose while turning and kicking off walls.

Also, I love getting high damage bunny hop pounces in the original.

Missing animations is kind of annoying, but has little to no effect on gameplay. Only thing it affects is a survivor's ability to skeet you, not your pouncing ability.

failspy
02-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Lol I know...I mean I bought both games but this it the best possible move.

TheAlphaMale
02-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Lol I know...I mean I bought both games but this it the best possible move.

It's a sad day tbh.

Kool Mode D
02-17-2011, 02:55 PM
It's a sad day tbh.

Only for L4D1 fans. Anyway all L4D1 fans who prefer L4D1 over L4D2 will still continute playing L4D1 because nothing is changed from L4D1 other than L4D2 will get L4D1 campaigns in an update.

Great day for L4D2 tbh.

No_wander_off
02-17-2011, 03:02 PM
It's a sad day tbh.

i'm seriously shocked, confused and i have a tiny bad feeling about it. don't like it but i have to accept it.

marth555
02-17-2011, 04:15 PM
I hope they dont leave out crash course and last stand

No_wander_off
02-17-2011, 04:46 PM
I hope they dont leave out crash course and last stand

i hope that too, good maps. Short...but good.

Dojab
02-18-2011, 04:11 AM
ONLY GOOD PART!!?!!?!

Lawdy some people are never satisfied :rolleyes:

Guess I should have said, Only part that L4D2 legitimately deserves rather than getting the first game added?

I already bought L4D1 before these DLCs were announced. And i do not feel like i should get my money back.

I have both as well and do not feel people who don't have L4D1 should get it free. If they wanted the whole story in one game they should have altered the base L4D1 code and had people download it as an update from the title. Then their promises of continued support (new infected, weapons, maps, etc) would have not been snake oil to cure our zombie killin urges but a lasting medication.
Can anyone say they would not have downloaded the entire game twice or more times to get what we were promised with purchase?

There are many ways this can be handled and how Valve is currently doing it is not a good one to many loyal customers.

CosmicD
02-18-2011, 04:17 AM
I continue to play l4d1 no mercy and dead air, because I'm sure they will put fences on all the roofs in the l4d2 version of dead air and that just is such a strong reminder that it's not l4d1, among other things.

OwMyToe
02-18-2011, 04:42 AM
Anyway all L4D1 fans who prefer L4D1 over L4D2 will still continute playing L4D1 because nothing is changed from L4D1 other than L4D2 will get L4D1 campaigns in an update.

Totally agree.

I'm "one of those" who prefers L4D1 to L4D2, so I'll just keep playing L4D1 with my friends who also prefer L4D1 to L4D2. There are enough of us that we're never without people to play with (or our L4D2-preferring friends have pity on us and come slumming).

Still, as we say amongst ourselves a day of zombie-killing is good no matter what when played with friends, so I'll also play L4D2 both the 1 and 2 campaigns because it's still fun, it's just different. Obviously I would like to see the ported L4D1 campaigns to remain as true to the original as possible, but whether or not that happens is immaterial as I can play whichever game I want.

It did occur to me that this may be Valve's way of continuing to support L4D1, in a roundabout way. My pie-in-the-sky desire is that new L4D1-themed content is forthcoming. Not likely, but a girl can dream, can't I? :D

Fox McCloud
02-18-2011, 05:42 AM
well, thsi pretty much makes L4D1 completely obsolete.

if they'd only port the new zombie death kills in L4D1 levels...to L4D2 as well.

OwMyToe
02-18-2011, 05:42 AM
well, thsi pretty much makes L4D1 completely obsolete.

If you think so then, yes, it does, for you ;)

prophecy holder
02-18-2011, 05:54 AM
rofl!

Weren't you one of them ? :eek:

Nope, i was the one saying "PORT THEM OVER, COMBINE THE COMMUNTIES".

To the people, L4D1 being obsolete is perfectly fine. That's the way the video game world works. Sequel comes in and takes everything from the first and shines unless the sequel sucks horribly and people goes back to playing the first.

That's life, get over it.

Mambini
02-18-2011, 06:03 AM

ops! My mistake. :)

FourTwenny
02-18-2011, 06:06 AM

We supported a great company that spoils us. I spent $95 on l4d and l4d2. Worth every single penny.

Kool Mode D
02-18-2011, 06:11 AM
We supported a great company that spoils us. I spent $95 on l4d and l4d2. Worth every single penny.

This. I paid 45 for L4D1 on pre order and I racked up 500 hours on L4D1 before ditiching it for the superior L4D2 and now I have 700 hours on L4D2. I paid 27 for L4D2 on pre order. No regret in buying both of them and I'm happy L4D2 will have 3 L4D1 campaigns ported over.

Anotherwrld
02-18-2011, 06:19 AM
If they brought Crash Course over to Left 4 Dead 2, you would have no incentive to play the first game at this point.

Mambini
02-18-2011, 06:24 AM
If they brought Crash Course over to Left 4 Dead 2, you would have no incentive to play the first game at this point.

This is not an obnoxious comment but..

What's the incentive nowadays ?

Gamingliker
02-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Lets see.They might bar up some areas of dead air....Cant have all the survivors death charged right?
Since they are porting the 3 campaigns over,might as well bring over the achievements.
Perhaps 3 new achievements?
1. Old School Genocide: Finish all 4 original campaings on Expert.
2. Zombie Apocalypse Survivor: Finish ALL campaigns on Expert.
3. The Legend of The Infected: Finish ALL campaigns on Realism Expert

henrikhe
02-18-2011, 07:30 AM

To the people, L4D1 being obsolete is perfectly fine. That's the way the video game world works. Sequel comes in and takes everything from the first and shines unless the sequel sucks horribly and people goes back to playing the first.

That's life, get over it.
this will give you a rep from me.

i bought both games and played them about 1500 hours, the only thing i might regret is spending too much time playing it and then mostly because i allways play high so i gotten myself a slight addiction problem. not smart to mix the weed with tobacco, tobacco is crack and not in a good way.

Fragems
02-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Im thinking right now that they shot themselves in the foot on the arguement that this game shouldnt have been an expansion or DLC :P. This is pure laziness and basically makes l4d worthless :P although im sure the maps will be as riddled with bugs as No Mercy was and still is. :) Still love falling through elevators, getting stuck behind fences because the climb walls are broken for infected, and the massive amount of exploits that came with melee weapons in a cut and paste map.

Really its the same engine as the first game copy and paste and bug fix later is all im expecting with this next patch. The only map that will probably be for the most part problem free is Cold Stream and that is because it was community made.

I just hope that Valve is being so lazy due to their efforts in other games still hoping for HL2 EP3 sometime in the next decade but its the new white whale of the gaming world now that Duke Nukem Forever is coming out.

Cymen90
02-20-2011, 12:00 PM

Go to the L4D1 forum it's hilarious MUAHAHAHAA

Jayjones
02-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Crash course was the most hated campaign according to the community. why does everyone love it now