PDA

View Full Version : free version vs. steam version?

shina411
02-17-2011, 06:10 AM
Hi,
can someone explain whats the difference between the two?

neoduke007
02-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Free doesn't come with any heroes. You can only play the 10 free heroes which cycle about every 2 weeks or so.

You can still use real money or in-game points earned from playing games to buy champions. Also you can still use real money to buy skins.

The Steam version comes with 20 champions and some bonus points to buy skins or champions with. It also comes with a skin for one of the champions.

You also still get to use the 10 different free cycling champions with the Steam version (the amount of extra free ones will depend on if you already own any of them or not with the steam version)

komfyrion
02-21-2011, 03:52 AM
That was very helpful, but I have one question; Will you have to use a League of Legends account in addition to your steam account? Can you select what to use? I already have played for a while on my Regular League of Legends account (non-steam) and I am considering buying the game on steam for the bonus content and just because I like having all my games on steam.

Thanks.

Smaxx
02-21-2011, 03:53 AM
It's essentially the same. The steam purchase just adds the game to your game list and gives you the unlock code for the "Collector's Pack" which is available in the LoL store as well (can be applied to an existing account). It unlocks 20 champions, one skin and grants you some additional Riot Points.

komfyrion
02-21-2011, 03:57 AM
Thanks for the quick reply! I still will buy the game through steam even if you can buy it from the LoL store. I have practically all my games on steam and blah-blah-blah notmyblog..