PDA

View Full Version : New TDU2 Exe (v082 Build 3)

sanier11
02-17-2011, 09:29 AM
When I load the game the new version was downloaded... Now I got the message that the server is offline and I can't logon... Well done Atari/Eden.

Phooey72
02-17-2011, 09:35 AM
same here ... although it did occur to me that maybe the server is down, like it says, rather than assuming the worst. what do i know ... im just a plain old man.

longboardskier
02-17-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm following it over on the official forums. No patch notes posted yet, but I assume they need time to also patch the servers. Can't patch the client without patching the servers.

Here's the big thread over on the official forums:
http://forums.testdriveunlimited2.com/showthread.php?t=32249

stevy
02-17-2011, 09:43 AM
well i had an issue earlier where if i spoke into my mic id get 12fps it seems with this patch thats fixed but i cant login lol wouldnt it be better to patch the server 1st then patch the client

Ragnokak
02-17-2011, 10:00 AM
It's actually common practice to patch client's first. To take a game that most people can relate to, WoW pre-loads 100% of client upgrades prior to server updates. Then both are activated at the same time. During that time you can start the game but the servers are down until everything is upgraded on their end.

Give it time guys, the good news is that they ARE trying to fix stuff.

MIK3K
02-17-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm downloading it right now.

It is 36.25 mb, and I am stuck at 61% and seems to have stalled. I bought if from gamersgate though.

JetFuel
02-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Guys... here's the patch note.

http://forums.testdriveunlimited2.com/showpost.php?p=327454&postcount=1

aerotekh
02-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Anybody know if they fixed the friend system?

Sceptr
02-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Hooray, at last a patch, i'm starting to feel better already. I'm just waiting for this bit then i can start playing.

Issues being investigated soon:

* Wheel control issues? - Wheel control issues will be tackled shortly.

Excellent, well done Eden & good news on the offline weather also.

V3ctorPT
02-18-2011, 09:16 AM
I can't even log in... I never could login into to the game...

My Launcher.exe now stays like this

http://i51.tinypic.com/1z64ety.jpg

It doesn't show if the servers are online or offline, I unninstalled the game, downloaded it again, got the update and it's all the same... :/

sanier11
02-18-2011, 09:21 AM
well, that is weird... I got this same situation (not showing servers info) very often, but I am always able to logon... the only problem I had was during the new client deployment and servers update, after that it is all running fine.

Does your play button is highlighted when you move the cursor over it? Because if it is not, have a quick look here in the forum, because I saw someone with a similar issue and he had a solution.

V3ctorPT
02-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Does your play button is highlighted when you move the cursor over it? Because if it is not, have a quick look here in the forum, because I saw someone with a similar issue and he had a solution.

Yes, the button gets highlighted... I really don't know what to do, I contacted Atari Support, but after 3 tickets I lost my hope on them... :(

Thanks for your help, I'll search in thr Forum.

xyzzytdu2
02-18-2011, 10:49 AM
have you opened ports udp8889 and udp3478 in your router?

"If you receive a NAT Open:UPnPUsed message, your network is ready for playing TDU2.

Your network hardware or firewall might be blocking communication with the Xbox LIVE servers.
If you're connected to a network through your workplace or a college, ask the network administrator to open the following port:
TCP/UDP 8889 (TDU2 game port)
TCP/UDP 3478 (UpLauncher STUN tests port)"

info here;
http://forums.testdriveunlimited2.com/showthread.php?t=12934

V3ctorPT
02-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Thanks, I'll try this... I'll post back if it worked.

:)

I changed everything, but it still didn't let me play... So... (dumb of me) I tried to connect to the main router in the house, and it worked... :)

Thaaaanks :)

Starwaster
02-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks, I'll try this... I'll post back if it worked.

:)

I changed everything, but it still didn't let me play... So... (dumb of me) I tried to connect to the main router in the house, and it worked... :)

Thaaaanks :)

The router's not an issue except for your ability to communicate with other players. It doesn't affect your ability to log into the server at ALL.

(there's a chart on the main TDU2 forums that explains it. Basically if your ports are blocked then you will have connectivity problems to other players unless their ports are open)

V3ctorPT
02-19-2011, 11:52 AM
But before I had green light, and I couldn't even log on... I had no Online, now because I changed to the main router (still didn't open any ports), I did in fact log in, i was Online (at last), even with the TDU launcher with a orange light I could log in :confused:

I'm just happy that after a week I could be online :P