PDA

View Full Version : So why don't you just play L4D2 then?

ihira
02-17-2011, 06:18 PM
i know the people on this forum are very 'sensitive' (read: anything bashing L4D1/praising L4D2 is regarded as trolling/ flamebait) but i'd like to ask a simple question.

So you like L4D1. the classic maps, the atmosphere, the characters, whatever.
L4D2 'stole' the L4D1 players. You guys not happy valve is killing the playerbase of L4D1. Ok, I can understand that.

Now L4D2 is getting all the remaining campaigns, Death Toll, Dead Air, Blood Harvest and is reviving them.
If anything, you should be happy you can enjoy those maps once again this time not having to sorrow the near empty playerbase of L4D1. The ONLY alteration is L4D2 has more items and 3 new SI. Other then that its what it was from L4D1 right?

So what exactly is the problem preventing some people from 'migrating' to L4D2? Seems like most people already own L4D2 so its not that right?

wurrwurr
02-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Because the game is not only maps and people like l4d better than l4d2?
/thread

NaturalSky
02-17-2011, 06:26 PM
The ONLY alteration is L4D2 has more items and 3 new SI. Other then that its what it was from L4D1 right?

Do you actually know this game?

Remyz
02-17-2011, 06:28 PM
I dont find playing Infected in l4d2 fun. I have tried to like it but hunters will always be alot more fun than the point and click infected. :(

Luke P
02-17-2011, 06:29 PM
There's a couple of nitpicky things in L4D2 - and when it comes down to these things - the little things matter when it comes to gameplay. I'm sure not everyone has all of these as their problems, but to name a few:

-Lack of thirdperson viewmodels
-Horrible gun viewmodels
-Survivor animations appear to be motion capture of an 80 year old with a back injury
-A lot of content added for no reason (or rather for the sake of changing something to market the game)
-More cartoony feel, loss of L4D's atmosphere, survivor horror styled gameplay
-Poor game balance
-Poor game design (The jockey, for example)

All in all, I think Quality does not mean Quantity. L4D2 has a lot of stuff but that doesn't mean it's better. More people play the original CS rather than CS:S - just because it's newer doesn't mean it's better.

Apart from that - Valve's made a lot of promises, commitments, and lies. We've been reduced to a small, dedicated community, and for the last little while L4D1's campaigns is all we've had in terms of exclusive content. In short, the boycotter's were right, we all know it. L4D2 is killing off the community of the first game and likely ending it's support entirely.

In many ways it's an ethical issue, that isn't entirely going to be dismissed by the fact that all of L4D1's content is in L4D2. However it's also a gameplay thing - we prefer the original (again less is more!) as we believe it's simply the superior game, and updating the inferior game with the superior games content is just as crazy as you L4D2 people would think updating only L4D1 is. If we got a new exclusive campaign, you'd be crying for it (as you did with these maps you're now getting) - it's really a lot more justified than you think, you just need to put yourself into a different perspective.

CatatonicMan
02-17-2011, 06:32 PM
First off, L4D2 isn't quite the same game as L4D. People who like the first are not guaranteed to like the second - to wit, there's a difference between 'zombie survival horror' and 'blood explosion extraordinare'.

Second, it's the principle of the thing. I dislike being lied to (or mislead, if you want to be gentle), and that is exactly what Valve did with L4D. It would feel like a ripoff to have to buy what you were already promised for free.

Third, the whole L4D2 debacle completely killed the series for me. Our gaming group who played L4D nearly night was shredded by the release of L4D2 (some had it and didn't want to play the original any more; others refused to buy/play L4D2; others just got disgusted and left), and the game just stopped being fun.

ihira
02-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Natural Sky - Oh sorry, I missed a few things didn't i.
like Autospawn removal, Tank statis (things that L4D1 folks wanted badly) Anything else?

Luke P, Catatonic - I'm talking about the L4D1 campaigns in L4D2.
They retain the same atmosphere, characters and whatnot. Again its basically L4D1 with new items and SI. Tho i agree i do miss viewing your own feet :).
I props to you admiting its a more ethical thing thats making it hard for you folks to enjoy what it is. I'm just happy i can play L4D1 with people again.

NaturalSky
02-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Natural Sky - Oh sorry, I missed a few things didn't i.
like Autospawn removal, Tank statis (things that L4D1 folks wanted badly) Anything else?

The Tank Statis was only fixed on L4D1 after L4D2 got it, even though it has been a problem ever since people started playing versus. I don't get why you bring that example up to be honest.

ihira
02-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Oh i didn't know they fixed that for L4D1 too.

So what other alterations exist between genuine L4D1 and L4D1 maps in L4D2 that granted me a 'do you actually know this game?' from you.
theres some minor balance tweaks but is there anything drastic enough to put people off? thats my question in the first post.

ufc
02-17-2011, 07:25 PM

So what other alterations exist between genuine L4D1 and L4D1 maps in L4D2 that granted me a 'do you actually know this game?' from you.
theres some minor balance tweaks but is there anything drastic enough to put people off? thats my question in the first post.

Better scoring system
Better hordes and horde spawns
Boomer is actually useful

Those are just a few, I am sure someone else can give you a few more.

Keldorn
02-17-2011, 09:47 PM
-Horrible gun viewmodels
-Survivor animations appear to be motion capture of an 80 year old with a back injury
-A lot of content added for no reason (or rather for the sake of changing something to market the game)
-Poor game balance

Good points of why I think many dont like it about it. The SI like the jockey is extremely silly. The boomer and smoker are hilarous sometimes. But the jockey crosses the line into the childish kind of silly..

Vimescarrot
02-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Not everyone can run L4D2.

GeOMETRIC-_-
02-17-2011, 11:42 PM
i know the people on this forum are very 'sensitive' (read: anything bashing L4D1/praising L4D2 is regarded as trolling/ flamebait) but i'd like to ask a simple question.

L4D2 'stole' the L4D1 players. You guys not happy valve is killing the playerbase of L4D1. Ok, I can understand that.

Now L4D2 is getting all the remaining campaigns, Death Toll, Dead Air, Blood Harvest and is reviving them.
If anything, you should be happy you can enjoy those maps once again this time not having to sorrow the near empty playerbase of L4D1. The ONLY alteration is L4D2 has more items and 3 new SI. Other then that its what it was from L4D1 right?

So what exactly is the problem preventing some people from 'migrating' to L4D2? Seems like most people already own L4D2 so its not that right?

No it does not play the same as l4d1. The pacing and game play is different because of the new si. Not all of us enjoy the new game play better then the old. The old would play out with more ups and downs. One of my favorite elements from the original is the hunter which has been reduced and changed to the point of it no longer being as enjoyable.

Bindal
02-18-2011, 01:11 AM

There are TONS of differences between the two games, which L4D1 has:

Viewmodel-Animations
Survivor-Animations
Body-awareness
Amount of weapons
Better balancing between those
Better balancing between the SI
More usefull SI
Atmosphere
More realistic gore
More CI in general it seems
Less equipment to help survivors out of a situation they usually would have serious problems
different scoring-system
Better mapbalancing for SI

And that's STILL not everything...

But yeah, keep suggesting "play L4D2 instead". And next time you see a vegetarian, suggest him to eat a stake...

jasonbecker83
02-18-2011, 03:51 AM
I can think about playing l4d2 if they put some kind of l4d1 mode for every l4d1 game mode(campaign, versus, survival)...
I mean... no new SI, no meele weapons, no boomer bile, no cartoony feeling, no new guns and the ability to see "my" legs...

OwMyToe
02-18-2011, 04:19 AM

Ha ha ha - this tells me right off the bat that you really don't know what you're talking about.

Why even bother coming here and trying to tell people not to like one thing over another? Do you hang around the Baskin-Robbins trying to convert chocolate ice cream lovers to strawberry?

mugenfan99
02-18-2011, 06:48 AM
l4d and l4d2 are very different games, particularly in atmosphere. For example, in l4d1 on expert or even advanced, you're often in more enclosed spaces so hordes feel suffocating. in l4d2, its just, oh no look a lot of zombies are coming towards us but with these abundant guns they aren't a problem. In addition, l4d runs a lot better then l4d2, which seems to have random lag and FPS drop for a lot of people.

mike576
02-18-2011, 07:53 AM
Even Chet said the two games play different. I pretty much agree with everything Luke P said.

NabsterHax
02-18-2011, 09:15 AM
From a VS perspective, shrugging off 3 SI and a bunch of weapons just isn't possible. It seems to me that you haven't actually PLAYED the first game.

KiLLaToY
02-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Some one must love their defibs a whole bunch

RedSe7en
02-18-2011, 09:55 AM
Do you hang around the Baskin-Robbins trying to convert chocolate ice cream lovers to strawberry?

I'd like to see him try. I'd punch him right in the neck. Chocolate!

OwMyToe
02-18-2011, 10:13 AM
I'd like to see him try. I'd punch him right in the neck. Chocolate!

I actually prefer vanilla. I wasn't going to admit it here for fear of retribution.

Threesixtyci
02-18-2011, 10:29 AM
In Co-op, the Tank AI is different between the two games.
Tank in L4D1, will pin a survivor and bash them till their dead. Often the only way to get it off the survivor is to push it and most often it just turns and yells at you and then continues bashing. Tank in L4D2 will pin a survivor, if no other survivors are near by, otherwise it'll just knock down someone and move on to the next person.

The AI was obviously changed due to the melee weapons. Would be way too easy to kill the tank with the melee weapons, if the Tank's AI acted the same as in L4D1. The end result is that the Tank isn't as threatening in L4D2 as it is in L4D1.

Also, before a patch for L4D2, the tank would run slower when on fire. Now it has no speed change. However, in L4D1 the Tank always runs faster when on fire. Which again makes the Tank more threatening in L4D1 than it is in L4D2.

So, in essence the threat of the Tank in L4D2 has been divided between itself and the Charger. Where as in L4D1, the Tank is that of the Charger and itself.

Another major difference between the two games is the infected. In L4D1, you blow off an arm, they die. In L4D2, you blow off a arm, they keep coming. They come at you in straight lines in L4D1, in L4D2 they zig-zag. Infected more often get suck on furniture in L4D2 than L4D1, because of the zig-zagging. Pipe bombs work poorly in L4D2 compared to L4D1, also because of the zig-zagging. So, it's a mixed bag when it comes to Infected AI. The campaign specific infected of L4D2 were a nice addition, though.

Melee weapons of L4D2 changed a few rules. I've already mention the differences of the Tank. But Melee also hampered the threat level of Infected Hoards, and in turn hampered the main attack of the Boomer. Not to mention broke the immersion a bit with that magic pistol that comes out when you get incapp'ed.

As for the added weapons they're nice, but weren't really necessary. They are still divided into Auto, Sniper and Shot. And they added nothing for the need to conserve Ammo. Making the whole weapon distribution thing... gimmicky.

Overall, I'd say the only things L4D1 could use from L4D2, would be the Spitter, the harder to kill infected, and the extra Campaigns.

OwMyToe
02-18-2011, 10:40 AM
I was talking to my husband about this topic this morning (we were discussing games because we're nerdy like that). He has a much different gaming style than me as he's more of a strategist while I enjoy either acting as support or getting right in the fray -- he likes Sniper and Demoman in TF2 while I prefer Medic or Soldier -- and he mentioned that he doesn't really play melee-styled games because he doesn't have as much fun "getting up close and clicking like crazy while turning around".

From his perspective, L4D is more strategic and it makes sense to put your back against a wall when you don't have an easy one-shot way to kill multiple enemies at close range. There's melee shoving, sure, but that just moves the problem away from you, it doesn't eliminate it completely. The game allows you to move strategically and make a stand when necessary, it's not geared towards constant running and gunning like L4D2 turns out to be.

After he said this I realized he was right, and I had never thought of it that way before. I tend to agree with him - I like playing L4D2 when I can grab a frying pan and go around whacking things. But that's when I feel like being silly and goofing with my friends, it's a very different style of play than in L4D, where you can't take out a horde armed with a machete.

So it really is just that some people like chocolate while some like strawberry, I wish people would stop running one another down for having a different preference.

RedSe7en
02-18-2011, 10:49 AM
I agree. Keep an open mind.

L4D and L4D2 are two very different games but are both the same community.

<---600th post

KiLLaToY
02-18-2011, 10:57 AM
I love the people that complain about sitting events. It's suicide to push an event if tank hasn't already spawned.

zorrex
02-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Plus, camping makes for an easy quad cap if you can land that first hunter. Stumbling the entire team...

Gurluas
02-18-2011, 11:23 AM
L4d1 has alot of small details that makes it feel better and more polished. Small details like the legs make a big difference, and the gameplay setup is also very different. L4d2 just feels inferior.

ihira
02-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Ha ha ha - this tells me right off the bat that you really don't know what you're talking about.
Why even bother coming here and trying to tell people not to like one thing over another? Do you hang around the Baskin-Robbins trying to convert chocolate ice cream lovers to strawberry?

From a VS perspective, shrugging off 3 SI and a bunch of weapons just isn't possible. It seems to me that you haven't actually PLAYED the first game.

Wow some salty people here. And no Ive sunk in few hundred hours in L4D1 before 2 came out.
I'm not trying to convert anyone. (why would I care?)
I was modestly wondering about 1 thing: what are the reasons that prevent some people from enjoying 1 maps on 2. Especially after all the crying about how L4D1's playerbase is low as ever.

A lot of people are listing the minor differences between 1 and 1 on 2. Are these the reason why you will still play the 1 maps on ghosttown L4D1? Once they port the rest of 1 maps L4D1 will actually, this time become obsolete.

It just seems weird. Honestly it makes more sense if you avoid 2 because you h8 how valve handled this series and are salty about it.

OwMyToe
02-18-2011, 07:38 PM
Wow some salty people here. And no Ive sunk in few hundred hours in L4D1 before 2 came out.
I was modestly wondering about 1 thing: what are the reasons that prevent some people from enjoying 1 maps on 2. Especially after all the crying about how L4D1's playerbase is low as ever.

A lot of people are listing the minor differences between 1 and 1 on 2. Are these the reason why you will still play the 1 maps on ghosttown L4D1? Once they port the rest of 1 maps L4D1 will actually, this time become obsolete.

It just seems weird. Honestly it makes more sense if you avoid 2 because you h8 how valve handled this series and are salty about it.

Salty? You're the one saying that people having preferences is "weird" and doesn't make sense. Why the heck do you care, anyway?

I'll play with my friends who also like L4D1 and I don't really care what you choose to do. Why you even came over to this forum is a mystery. To stir things up?

A: Yes.

OwMyToe
02-18-2011, 07:39 PM
I was modestly wondering about 1 thing

And no, no you're not. Come on, now.

Remyz
02-19-2011, 01:41 AM

I wish I liked 2. I dont live in the US and where I'm from there are so few people playing L4D1 its hard to ever find good versus games.

I just want to play VS whatever time of day I please and to enjoy it. I have tried L4D2 so many times but I just dont find VS in that game any fun. I dont like how boring the new SI are. I hate all point-and-click Infected which is pretty much everything but the Hunter and Jockey, but I hate the Jockey anyway.

If they made the SI the way it is in L4D1 I'd play L4D2 for hours everyday.

GeOMETRIC-_-
02-19-2011, 01:54 AM

I was talking to my husband about this topic this morning (we were discussing games because we're nerdy like that). He has a much different gaming style than me as he's more of a strategist while I enjoy either acting as support or getting right in the fray -- he likes Sniper and Demoman in TF2 while I prefer Medic or Soldier -- and he mentioned that he doesn't really play melee-styled games because he doesn't have as much fun "getting up close and clicking like crazy while turning around".

From his perspective, L4D is more strategic and it makes sense to put your back against a wall when you don't have an easy one-shot way to kill multiple enemies at close range. There's melee shoving, sure, but that just moves the problem away from you, it doesn't eliminate it completely. The game allows you to move strategically and make a stand when necessary, it's not geared towards constant running and gunning like L4D2 turns out to be.

After he said this I realized he was right, and I had never thought of it that way before. I tend to agree with him - I like playing L4D2 when I can grab a frying pan and go around whacking things. But that's when I feel like being silly and goofing with my friends, it's a very different style of play than in L4D, where you can't take out a horde armed with a machete.

So it really is just that some people like chocolate while some like strawberry, I wish people would stop running one another down for having a different preference.

No it does not play the same as l4d1. The pacing and game play is different because of the new si. Not all of us enjoy the new game play better then the old. The old would play out with more ups and downs. One of my favorite elements from the original is the hunter which has been reduced and changed to the point of it no longer being as enjoyable.

I am just curious, why would u only reply in relation to the satirical tongue in cheek replies and not address replies like these that explain the game play is different and that some people prefer the game play style of the first? This makes me question you're motive ihira....

NaturalSky
02-19-2011, 04:58 AM
Once they port the rest of 1 maps L4D1 will actually, this time become obsolete.

I can still get a good game on L4D1 at any time of the day due to the friends list i have build up over the months following the release of L4D2, so this isn't really a valid argument.

This is part of it, if personally had it with Valve. The Sacrifice DLC for me was their last chance of somewhat making up, but instead of giving a good campaign (sacrifice campaign is ok but surely not the best if seen). They start handing out what very little content L4D1 still had for it's own. This makes me feel forced to play L4D2 because it is "Valve's way to go", and i am just not buying that.

NabsterHax
02-19-2011, 05:11 AM

First, I still find it hard to believe you played the first game, in VS at least.

Minor differences = 3si and a bunch of spammable weapons? <derp>

I don't hate Valve. I hate whoever is making the decisions about L4D. It's probably the same guy who decided to turn TF2 from a decent team FPS into an MMO.

HelloMcFry
02-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Better scoring system
Better hordes and horde spawns
Boomer is actually useful

Those are just a few, I am sure someone else can give you a few more.

I would like a few more since i can't tell what game you are talking about...LMAO.

ufc
02-19-2011, 11:49 AM
I would like a few more since i can't tell what game you are talking about...LMAO.

Well if you actually take the time to read things you wouldn't be so clueless. Try reading the message I quoted.

Johann
02-19-2011, 04:06 PM
A lot of people are listing the minor differences between 1 and 1 on 2.

they may seem minor to you, but to me a classy game is made or broken with *all* the small details. even 5 "minor differences" can add up to a big fat difference, you know? not to mention dozens of "minor" differences.

And no Ive sunk in few hundred hours in L4D1 before 2 came out.

lol? I'm approaching 1000 hours of versus pub play and I still haven't got a real clue yet (even if I'm 5 times as slow as you -- how many of your hours are what game mode? IF you bring up hours, please provide data that actually means something thank you).

you might have moved on from L4D before you even scratched its surface, and that might be the cause of your confusion, not any inconsistency in our reasoning.

Honestly it makes more sense if you avoid 2 because you h8 how valve handled this series and are salty about it.

nope. I could get and play L4D2 all day long and STILL ♥♥♥♥♥ on these forums about the callousness of Valve. who would know the difference? an online friend of mine with whom I enjoyed playing a lot moved on to L4D2 exclusively, and keeps bugging me to do the same... but the thing is, I can not play both games at the same time, and the time I spend on playing a game I would rather spend with the game I prefer, which is L4D1. so there... I don't just prefer L4D1, I like it THAT MUCH better than 2 that I miss out on hanging with a dude I have no other opportunity to hang with. I'm not just being cheap or angry at Valve, period.

why the ♥♥♥♥ would I care about a faceless corp? I mock it's employees when the corp turns ♥♥♥♥ty, but otherwise? might as well be angry at the clouds or a turd on the sidewalk. that's simply not how my brain operates, and I presume I'm not a huge exception with that.

it's a matter of taste I think. try to deal with that: if you know both games and can't see how one is sexy and the other isn't, a bunch of peeps here might think you having no taste, or at least not theirs. and vice versa. taste isn't debatable after all, that Valve screwed up and won't own up is settled, so yeah... that leaves us with not much to talk about ^^

turkey twizzler
02-19-2011, 04:15 PM
just for the avoidance of any doubt, most l4d1 players don't play l4d2 because it is bad.

Hempknight
02-19-2011, 04:23 PM
LEFT 4 DEAD 2 ♥♥♥♥ING SUCKS THE GAME IS FOR KIDDIES IT IS ♥♥♥♥.

NabsterHax
02-19-2011, 07:17 PM
just for the avoidance of any doubt, most l4d1 players don't play l4d2 because it is bad.

You always make me lol. ;D

Marcus101RR
02-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Reason Why L4D:
1. Better gameplay, physics, and dynamic gaming.
2. No Storyline, just a background biography of what could be. (Excluding Comics/Bill Dies part)
3. Original Artwork, Original Design, Original Atmosphere to the game.
4. Proper Weapons, Items, and Features.

Reason Why Not L4D2:
1. Horrible Characters (75% Black, No I'm not racist)
2. Un-original, Loss of detail and way too cartoonish. (Why the **** did valve let Australia even ban the game? I would not have sold the game period, dumt it or added as DLC for l4d1 ;))
3. Storyline? Good lord, why? The game doesn't need another Resident Evil/Doom Film Cameo storyline. It needs nothing, the player should be pondering how it started, how it will end, how it will continue.

Good sides? L4D2 features are roughly meh, I would slap in the new gamemodes, the mutations, the new weapons (no melee), items, and perhaps the maps.

Everything else...Trash.

What matters anyway? The L4D2 game is no getting everything l4d1 is. Might as well say goodbye valve.

AnneBoleyn
02-19-2011, 10:47 PM
I like the game alot, just needs new maps and less ragers and greifers

Marcus101RR
02-19-2011, 10:49 PM
I like the game alot, just needs new maps and less ragers and greifers

Better programmers and Ban system, something that Xbox has where you can get a user banned/suspended from playing an online game for days or weeks for abusing the general rule of gaming such as griefing and raging. Might as well play single player if you want to be an *** and kill yourself.

Dump the VAC ban system and come up with something more stable and fool proof.

Bad Card
02-19-2011, 11:01 PM
1. Horrible Characters (75% Black, No I'm not racist)

What

10whats

|sk8erdude|
02-19-2011, 11:35 PM
-Horrible gun viewmodels
-Poor game balance

Viewmodel-Animations
Survivor-Animations
Body-awareness
Amount of weapons
More usefull SI
Atmosphere
More realistic gore
Less equipment to help survivors out of a situation they usually would have serious problems
different scoring-system

So much win. These are all of the reasons why I don't like L4D2. Nothing major, but just a lot of little things that just ruin it for me. Plus rep to both of you for showing why some people prefer the original.

kikiokyo
02-20-2011, 12:15 AM
To be brutally frank, I enjoyed L4D2 while it lasted, but I kinda got sick of it with the constant updates (making the game crash on me so many times) and continual removal of "freedom" per se. For one, they removed custom vocalizations by key (which I love to use and makes me feel immersed in the game). Secondly, custom campaigns in L4D1 are much more fun and unique (Suicide Blitz, Death Stop, to name a couple), and people are trying new things on there. Thirdly, the modding community here is much less strict here than it is over in L4D2. Why should I have to put in "-insecure" to play around with my stuff on my server, but then try to play with friends, I have to remove it from the launch options? I thought Valve encouraged modding (HL and source engine games with the SDK).

Bring back the vocalizations in L4D2, I'm tired of hearing Coach talk about food and the inability to say "Ammo here" for my teammates. Had to resort to text binding instead...

And likewise, the others' posts about those changes are small, but they make a big impact on how you feel during the game. I do love both games, but L4D was genesis and keeps me entertained and immersed much longer than L4D2.

NabsterHax
02-20-2011, 06:31 AM

VAC is for banning cheaters and hackers. And they are FAR worse than griefers.

Griefers rely on people to get mad about them. Just don't react.

failspy
02-20-2011, 06:49 AM
The "L4D is more 'survival horror'" argument doesn't really hold up anymore, since it's going to be the same game.

NaturalSky
02-20-2011, 07:50 AM
The "L4D is more 'survival horror'" argument doesn't really hold up anymore, since it's going to be the same game.

The jockey breaks all sense of immersion.

Marcus101RR
02-20-2011, 08:39 AM

Jockey looks like a rip off from Doom 3 or something. Honestly, if they want to improve l4d, or the series:

Keep the guns (fix the animations/models a bit)
Keep the new items (make them more interesting and useful)
Keep the setting/Characters from last game (Bill vs Francis has a very good comedy feel to it, less cartoonish more realistic how a biker idiot can be the biggest problem in a zombie apocalypse.
Keep the maps, l4d1 can use extra maps to play on official made by l4d team.
Keep the Events, running crescendo isn't all that bad of an idea.
Keep the Spitter, wow, i can't believe valve understand what camping is.

DUMP everything else in the trash:
Characters
Other Infected
Uncommon infected (having abilities)(The first game had uncommon infected too, for each campaign: No mercy-Doctors,Patients, etc)
Melee weapons (the people using them and the animation look like something of a veteran with a back injury.

Bindal
02-20-2011, 08:39 AM
So do guitars, frying pans, explosive and incredary ammo and bile in a yar (at least THAT many)

Marcus101RR
02-20-2011, 08:44 AM
So do guitars, frying pans, explosive and incredary ammo and bile in a yar (at least THAT many)

The Melee weapons were a idiots attempt to think if you run out of bullets you might as well use random stuff to hit with. Why not a chair? Propane tank, gas can? We can already carry those!

The Explosive and fire ammo is...sad of an attempt to revive the unfinished and unpolished version of Survivor Upgrades and turn it to an actual item. Is that even possible in real life? Maybe explosive bullets but fire?

The Jar of Bile has no sense of usage at all. Tank strategy is pointless they won't go after him anyway in time. Lets not forget its just like boomer vomit after it wears off, they come after You. -_-

SilentOne
02-20-2011, 08:51 AM
What about the players who can't handle L4D2 or can't afford it?

Bindal
02-20-2011, 09:01 AM
The Explosive and fire ammo is...sad of an attempt to revive the unfinished and unpolished version of Survivor Upgrades and turn it to an actual item. Is that even possible in real life? Maybe explosive bullets but fire?
Well, both DO exist, but work totally different in reality.

HelloMcFry
02-20-2011, 09:02 AM
What about the players who can't handle L4D2 or can't afford it?

You could always play L4D1... DUH.

And the JOCKEY is the best SI. You all need to get a life.

NaturalSky
02-20-2011, 09:37 AM
And the JOCKEY is the best SI. You all need to get a life.

Hes obviously not considering his DPS, it is the survivors team fault if they let him carry someone afar.

HelloMcFry
02-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Hes obviously not considering his DPS, it is the survivors team fault if they let him carry someone afar.

DPS? It is the survivors team fault if they let him carry someone afar?

You do know the Jockey is a play maker/distraction?

NaturalSky
02-20-2011, 10:06 AM
DPS? It is the survivors team fault if they let him carry someone afar?

You do know the Jockey is a play maker/distraction?

If he is i rarely see him doing a good job at that.

silvereye27
02-20-2011, 10:19 AM
And next time you see a vegetarian, suggest him to eat a stake...

That poor vegetarian's teeth is going to hurt after nomming that wood :(

silvereye27
02-20-2011, 10:24 AM

Just to ask but when were either games survival horror?

I mean, no offence, but I was rarely scared in L4D, only mildly in the first 2 campaigns I ever played but when you can carry a gun with a large amount of ammo and usually come across either more ammunition or another gun on the way to restock, or the fact you have infinite ammo secondaries, how is it possible to feel scared?

Sorry, pure opinion here but Ive never understood how either L4D was compared to survival horror.

Bindal
02-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Just to ask but when were either games survival horror?

I mean, no offence, but I was rarely scared in L4D, only mildly in the first 2 campaigns I ever played but when you can carry a gun with a large amount of ammo and usually come across either more ammunition or another gun on the way to restock, or the fact you have infinite ammo secondaries, how is it possible to feel scared?

Sorry, pure opinion here but Ive never understood how either L4D was compared to survival horror.
It's not always the player, who has to be scared to qualify a game as "survival horror", it's just the atmosphere, which is relevant. Or the envoirement. (Or if you would be scared if you would run around in such a situation in real).

Because if it would be purely judged if a game is a survival horror game because the player is scared, for me, there would be basicly NONE out there. Heck, even in Dead Space, I wasn't even scared at any point. Got a two or three shock-moments, but I've got those also in other, non survival horror games simply because it happens suddenly.

And if you go by that, L4D1 clearly qualifies as such while L4D2... not so much.

HelloMcFry
02-20-2011, 10:43 AM
And if you go by that, L4D1 clearly qualifies as such while L4D2... not so much.

They are almost the exact same silly wabbit..

Bindal
02-20-2011, 10:52 AM
I don't see Francis talking about food half the time.
I don't see Louis telling redicilous stupid stories about a friend of him.
I don't see Zoey making some boring wordplays with axes.
I don't see Bill complaining about the rest of the group.

And I also don't see the L4D2 crew being stuck in that sh*thole for almost two weeks!

Johann
02-20-2011, 12:02 PM
yet he's correct... if you can't see the difference in atmosphere of both games, you're blind and even phrases like "silly wabbit" don't change that fact ^^

"GIMME SOME COCA COLA NAO!", killin sonsa♥♥♥♥♥es, etc.

lol....

Mavrickindigo
02-20-2011, 12:07 PM

And I also don't see the L4D2 crew being stuck in that sh*thole for almost two weeks!

I don't see Coach complaining about how much he hate things
I don't see Rochelle making stupid zombie movie references
I don't see Nick making telling the other survivors they should take their cowboy vest and chaps to a parade

Also saying L4D2 is inferior because of survivors and atmosphere is stupid, because it has both sets of survivors and will soon have all the campaigns from the first game So it will be L4D + a bunch of other stuff.

Johann
02-20-2011, 12:14 PM
squeaky clown shoes.

Johann
02-20-2011, 12:15 PM
Also saying L4D2 is inferior because of survivors and atmosphere is stupid, because it has both sets of survivors and will soon have all the campaigns from the first game So it will be L4D + a bunch of other stuff.

o_O

then okay, let's rephrase it and say "L4D is better than that bunch of other stuff" -- *facepalm*

Bindal
02-20-2011, 12:28 PM
I don't see Nick making telling the other survivors they should take their cowboy vest and chaps to a parade
Francis simply hates several things. The only time he's overacting it is in the elevator. Plus he's not totally right in his head, anyway (but very sane compared to Ellis)
Zoey just makes a few movie-references and mainly then because the entire situation is CRYING to get one (e.g. the cabin in DT3).
And Louis one line was simply because he was annoyed by Francis...

Then, the L4D1-Crew is 13 days fighting zombies. They got somewhat used to it, yet they don't make jokes ALL THE DAMN TIME!
L4D2-Crew on the other hand...

And said "other stuff" is also somewhat atmosphere-breaking, as listed above.

OwMyToe
02-20-2011, 02:11 PM
And said "other stuff" is also somewhat atmosphere-breaking, as listed above.

"It ain't right for a man to be ridden that way."

"There goes repopulating the earth."

"Everybody, gather round - let's pray. Dear Lord, see us safely through our time of trial in this mall. And please Lord, let the food court be okay."

"Spang!"

silvereye27
02-20-2011, 02:20 PM

"Everybody, gather round - let's pray. Dear Lord, see us safely through our time of trial in this mall. And please Lord, let the food court be okay."

"Spang!"

To be fair though, I thought that it fitted L4D2s theme abit more than if it were in L4D1. To me, L4D2 feels like one of those bad B movies you find of the Sci Fi channel, propably why I enjoy it so much! xD :D

OwMyToe
02-20-2011, 02:24 PM
To be fair though, I thought that it fitted L4D2s theme abit more than if it were in L4D1. To me, L4D2 feels like one of those bad B movies you find of the Sci Fi channel, propably why I enjoy it so much! xD :D

Sure - don't get me wrong, I love L4D2. I play L4D2 when I feel like playing Three Stooges Super Mario Zombie Apocalypse and run around armed with a T1 shotgun and a frypan or a machete.

L4D, while not all srs bsns, is still a different game and one that I happen to like better.

I don't know why people would consider my having an opinion "crying" over anything, probably just to troll and start fights. Whatever, it just means I won't be playing with any of them, thank goodness.

Bindal
02-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Sure - don't get me wrong, I love L4D2. I play L4D2 when I feel like playing Three Stooges Super Mario Zombie Apocalypse and run around armed with a T1 shotgun and a frypan or a machete.
Similar here. However, if I want to take away seriousness from zombie-killing I probably rather go to Killing Floor, which has its humor a bit more subtile (like with advertisments or how you interpretate a line of someone) or sometimes just WAY over the top ("Evil Santa's Lair"). L4D2 is neither of that and also the visuals somehow drive me away from it. (And lots of other, gameplay related things, which were added to L4D2)

Doesn't mean that L4D2 is a bad game or that I think it is. It's just THAT kind of game...

mike576
02-20-2011, 02:54 PM
I love L4D2 too. I don't know why just because I like the original game much more my opinion doesn't count for squat and I'm labeled as a whiner. Valve needs to know how their fans feel. If everyone always just kisses their asses all the time they will never be able to improve. I'm not upset personally because it's a win win situation for me, but other people should voice their concerns without being trolled.

One of the things I love most about the games is the cheesy B movie theme. But I like the original B movie theme of the original 4 campaigns much more because it has a more classic horror B movie theme, that doesn't take itself too seriously yet still has a dramatic tone of horror, with the classic horror movie survivors and setting, while L4D2 campaigns have a more silly wacky "kill all sonsa ♥♥♥♥♥es!", "cheeseburger apocalypse!", whack zombies with frying pans, more modern B movie theme.

Keldorn
02-20-2011, 04:04 PM

"Spang!"

l4d2 universe.
"He wants some good ol fashioned cola, he'll blow up the way". - Coach
"Shouldn't we walk around it??" - Nick

L4d1 universe...

"Screw this guy, lets take the guns and walk around". - Francis.
"Sounds good to me" - Louis

Riggar
02-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Lol i just realize the entire L4D1 community are these guys: Bindal,NaturalSky,Keldorm,Luke P and Nabster. They are in every goddanm thread lol. You lost guys get over it grow up and move on.

OwMyToe
02-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Lol i just realize the entire L4D1 community are these guys: Bindal,NaturalSky,Keldorm,Luke P and Nabster. They are in every goddanm thread lol. You lost guys get over it grow up and move on.

You know, with all the "Port all the L4D content to L4D2 to unite the communities" rhetoric, people like you sure don't mesh with that viewpoint. Disappointing that it's all just talk.

NabsterHax
02-20-2011, 07:22 PM

Because we enjoy discussion and laughing at trolls ;D

NaturalSky
02-20-2011, 08:27 PM

You are the ones that are losing the argument imo, because you are the ones that come to our forum trolling us for being disappointed at Valve.

Atok
02-20-2011, 08:42 PM

Because we enjoy discussion and laughing at trolls ;D

^Very much this.

I also visit constantly the L4D forum(sometimes the L4D2 forum).

I support the first game has those guys that were mentioned, but I dont post that constantly, so that makes you argument invalid.

Also remember that the population in the forums is always a small percent of the real population of the game or the people who have the same idea(in this case, support and love L4D more than the sequel). There are a lot of people out of the forum that supports the first game(there are competitive players, steam groups, etc).

Just my two cents about the response you saw above.

Daygall65
02-21-2011, 06:05 AM
now IM NOT BASH BINDAL LUKE NABS KELDORN NATURAL WHEN I SAY THIS!! /caps

but guess what i have a job, most of the time 7 days a week, unless the plant shuts down. from 8am to 9pm i am there, and when i get home the last thing i want to do is argue with ppl that imo, are to immature (aka your average troll) to realize that in the grand scheme of things their snarky attempts to bate an acknowledged minority into retaliating at them will always fail, not amount to anything, and just server to prove that you have a god complex.

All i've seen in ANY of the posts regarding us switching from l4d1 to l4d-down-south-edition have been...
*I ARE LIKES L$D2 SO YOU ARE NOOB FORZ NOTS LIKSINGS ITS BECAUSE I ARE ROCKERS PWN 1337 AND L4D1 SUX BALLS!!!*

now after that luke and bindal in particular have stated in a remarkably civil tone the EXACT reason why this player base still exists of which i am a proud member. I will quote bindal earlier in this thred

There are TONS of differences between the two games, which L4D1 has:

Viewmodel-Animations
Survivor-Animations
Body-awareness
Amount of weapons
More usefull SI
Atmosphere
More realistic gore
different scoring-system

And that's STILL not everything...

and even after that the flaming persists, why? if you came here to actually try to offer a helpful suggestion and it has been reputed NUMEROUS TIMES then most people would, in that situation say.

*ok i tried they want to stay let them it wont affect me*

so why haven't you?

answer is

i don't know but my opinion is leaning heavily towards TROLL

so please IF you actually are just trying to be helpful, you may stop now as there are people that will always prefer 1 over the other

thank you and have a nice day

NabsterHax
02-21-2011, 06:54 AM
but guess what i have a job, most of the time 7 days a week, unless the plant shuts down. from 8am to 9pm i am there, and when i get home the last thing i want to do is argue with ppl that imo, are to immature (aka your average troll) to realize that in the grand scheme of things their snarky attempts to bate an acknowledged minority into retaliating at them will always fail, not amount to anything, and just server to prove that you have a god complex.

Thats a large amount of writing to tell us that you're not interested in posting on the forums.

I just enjoy arguing. It becomes particularly fun when the other party resorts to random screaming and raging. You may call me a troll, but those people are only really trolling themselves.

Bindal
02-21-2011, 07:37 AM
I just enjoy arguing. It becomes particularly fun when the other party resorts to random screaming and raging. You may call me a troll, but those people are only really trolling themselves.
In other words, you're a troll-troll. Or something.

Daygall65
02-21-2011, 05:18 PM
>_< didnt mean you nabs i like you your cool played with you once was a fun time.

ill keep it brief this time, i dont like being told to do something by so snobby l4d2 derp because he thinks l4d2 is better and therefore im stupid for not playing it, ive played it with friends and that the only time i will, love l4d more.

i said brief... i think i failed *sadface* >_>

super31
02-21-2011, 08:03 PM
It's not just the "atmosphere" or "original survivors" or "more polished". It's more of an "attachment" people have with the first game. There is no exact answer, some people just....prefer the first game over the second. It's like asking people why they prefer vanilla ice cream over chocolate ice cream (bad analogy, I know).

Wuzzzy
02-22-2011, 03:08 AM
don't like the scoreboard at the end of the rounds.

Johann
02-22-2011, 04:24 AM
It's not just the "atmosphere" or "original survivors" or "more polished". It's more of an "attachment" people have with the first game.

uhm.. how do i put this... oh yeah: bull♥♥♥♥! speak for yourself.

Threesixtyci
02-22-2011, 11:58 AM

--------------------------

When does that line happen in L4D1?

Bindal
02-22-2011, 12:07 PM
When does that line happen in L4D1?
Louis says is in one of the intros of CC after Francis complained that the chopper crashed. Louis was very p*ssed at that moment (for his standards, at least.)

Threesixtyci
02-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Hmm. Crash Course is the one campaign that's not going to be ported over. Which is kinda funny giving his final statement.

Anyway, I have a feeling that Valve is going to lock the L4D2 survivors to all the ported campaigns. Which will give the DLC's a separation from L4D1, itself.

Regardless the AI and overall gameplay don't mesh between the two games. So, even if they ported everything into L4D2, it'll never be "L4D1 + a bunch of other stuff". "The bunch of other stuff", changed the original gameplay, too much.

zorrex
02-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Not to mention they're likely going to modify the maps. Remember they totally RUINED the use of a smoker on the NM5 roof. Only good thing to do now is pull back down the ladder and hope for an elevator death pull. It's really quite sad.

mike576
02-22-2011, 12:28 PM
I think they added the fence/railing to prevent really easy death charges and jockey hangs.

zorrex
02-22-2011, 12:38 PM
I think they added the fence/railing to prevent really easy death charges and jockey hangs.

Yeah but it totally ruined the excitement of the ladder. It used to be a big deal, but now it isn't a big deal at all. It's so easy to dodge the charger...In L4D1 it was really dangerous with 4 capping SI...:eek:

Bindal
02-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Anyway, I have a feeling that Valve is going to lock the L4D2 survivors to all the ported campaigns.
Or they simply add the line "survivors = 1" into the mission.txt and BAM! L4D1-Survivors in the campaign, no extra-work needed. Works with all mission.txt-files from L4D2 (even Passing might crash if you do it)

Threesixtyci
02-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Or they simply add the line "survivors = 1" into the mission.txt and BAM! L4D1-Survivors in the campaign, no extra-work needed. Works with all mission.txt-files from L4D2 (even Passing might crash if you do it)

I don't know anything about that stuff. So, how does that work in practice? I mean with 4 different users connected to a Valve server... In that if you set it on your client PC, how does that effect any of the other 3 from a valve server?

I'm guessing it doesn't....

Bindal
02-22-2011, 01:03 PM
I don't know anything about that stuff. So, how does that work in practice? I mean with 4 different users connected to a Valve server... In that if you set it on your client PC, how does that effect any of the other 3 from a valve server?

I'm guessing it doesn't....
The game checks if you own the maps and from the servers version of the mission.txt comes everything else. So, if you modify it for you and join a server, which has the standard, you use the standard. And if you join a server with modified version, you get the modified (of course the lobbyhost has ALSO to own the correction version, but that's usually a given)

And when VALVE adds that line to the mission.txt by default, everyone will use the L4D1-Crew by default (of course, if they modify it to use the L4D2-crew, they get the L4D2-crew but then, the case above applies). They did just that with the ports of No Mercy and Sacrifice.

Snowy Winters
02-22-2011, 02:43 PM
People think their opinions matter. They think wasting their time going off about how Left 4 Dead 2 is a better game, how Left 4 Dead players are amateurs, how Left 4 Dead 2 has a better community, is going to change our minds.

They act like we can't play both games, we can only play one or the either.

You can't let losers like these people waste your time. They are foolish, opinionated, people, trying to represent Left 4 Dead 2. I'm willing to bet they don't even know how foolish they look. They act like Pop Culture critics.

What are Left 4 Dead 2 players going to do if there is a Left 4 Dead 3? Criticize Left 4 Dead 2?

Play whichever game you want. What's the big deal? :confused:

mike576
02-22-2011, 06:28 PM
People think their opinions matter. They think wasting their time going off about how Left 4 Dead 2 is a better game, how Left 4 Dead players are amateurs, how Left 4 Dead 2 has a better community, is going to change our minds.

They act like we can't play both games, we can only play one or the either.

You can't let losers like these people waste your time. They are foolish, opinionated, people, trying to represent Left 4 Dead 2. I'm willing to bet they don't even know how foolish they look. They act like Pop Culture critics.

What are Left 4 Dead 2 players going to do if there is a Left 4 Dead 3? Criticize Left 4 Dead 2?

Play whichever game you want. What's the big deal? :confused:

Amen brother.

Again?
02-22-2011, 10:27 PM
well l4d has Zoey and l4d2 has Rochelle that gives l4d like +1337 points and Rochelle brings l4d2 father down into the negative

BoViking
02-24-2011, 05:44 AM
I had the exact same question as the OP.

From MY perspective, L4D2 is L4D1 with more content and a different look on the L4D world. But from some of the dedicated L4D1 players it's a totally different story. I guess that my conclusion after reading this thread is:

-Small details make big differences.

It's kinda like Milk. I could pick the green 1,5% fat milk or the red 3,0% fat milk. As a whole, they're both milk and they're both from the same company. But those tiny 1,5% between them still makes a big difference.

hoockhand
02-24-2011, 03:47 PM
VAC is rather stable it just takes a week or two before banning someone to make it harder for hack dev's to make hacks and make it harder for hackers to figure out just which hack got them VAC banned.

GeOMETRIC-_-
02-25-2011, 12:59 AM
I had the exact same question as the OP.

From MY perspective, L4D2 is L4D1 with more content and a different look on the L4D world. But from some of the dedicated L4D1 players it's a totally different story. I guess that my conclusion after reading this thread is:

-Small details make big differences.

It's kinda like Milk. I could pick the green 1,5% fat milk or the red 3,0% fat milk. As a whole, they're both milk and they're both from the same company. But those tiny 1,5% between them still makes a big difference.

If you spend enough time playing both games you will see they both play differently. Everything from how the registration on servers to even the smoothness of animations plays out different between the two games. The game play itself is also rather different. The general concept of the games are the same, but that is about it.

MrChooChooHead
02-25-2011, 09:11 AM
ACHIEVEMENT BOOSTING

Before this game loses its last few players I'm looking to recruit 7 other ppl who want to get all of the game's achievements.

I have all the achievements for L4D and L4D 2 on the XBOX 360 version. Ive graduated back to PC and I'd like to do the same here.

Im looking primarily to focus on the more difficult achievements such as:

Sacrifizzle
20 Car Pile Up
Wipefest
Nothing Special
Untouchables
What are You Trying to Prove
Slippery Pull
Barrel Rolled
Sacrifizzle
Truckstop

+ All Survival Achievements

Two teams in verses can get most of the multi player achievements pretty easily if we all work together

I promise to help everyone who is dedicated enough to get 100%
Also we could get L4D 2 done afterwards!

PM me or send me a friend Request:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mr_choo-choo_head

MICROPHONES ONLY PLZ

NabsterHax
02-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Dude, you've made a thread. Don't advertise your ♥♥♥♥ in other threads.

Doom4you
02-26-2011, 04:30 PM
There's a couple of nitpicky things in L4D2 - and when it comes down to these things - the little things matter when it comes to gameplay. I'm sure not everyone has all of these as their problems, but to name a few:

-Horrible gun viewmodels
-Poor game balance

All in all, I think Quality does not mean Quantity. L4D2 has a lot of stuff but that doesn't mean it's better. More people play the original CS rather than CS:S - just because it's newer doesn't mean it's better.

Apart from that - Valve's made a lot of promises, commitments, and lies. We've been reduced to a small, dedicated community, and for the last little while L4D1's campaigns is all we've had in terms of exclusive content. In short, the boycotter's were right, we all know it. L4D2 is killing off the community of the first game and likely ending it's support entirely.

In many ways it's an ethical issue, that isn't entirely going to be dismissed by the fact that all of L4D1's content is in L4D2. However it's also a gameplay thing - we prefer the original (again less is more!) as we believe it's simply the superior game, and updating the inferior game with the superior games content is just as crazy as you L4D2 people would think updating only L4D1 is. If we got a new exclusive campaign, you'd be crying for it (as you did with these maps you're now getting) - it's really a lot more justified than you think, you just need to put yourself into a different perspective.

TADA now go play your little L4d2 game...I mean arcade game.

NabsterHax
02-27-2011, 03:39 AM

Wut? Can't read?

Tiberium
02-27-2011, 09:41 AM
if you want to know how left 4 dead 1 is better than left 4 dead 2, you just need to watch their intro, and you'll understand.

ld41 intro is like a horror movie
l4d2 intro is like killing zombies for fun, we dont care about the end of the world, seriously left 4 dead 2 intro is enough to reflect the game it self, a piece of trash.

left 4 dead 2 pieces of trash list:

-animations
-weapons FOV
-Caracters
-atmoshpere (welcome to KIDDY land to kill clown zobmies in happy suny shining day, bring up some cola, we gonna make some tank steaks).
-jockey
-hunter
-no legs
-no immersion
-frying pans
-survivors are crap exept nick for me
-Ellis
-ellis
-ellis
-w8 ellis
-no realy ellis should be cuted of from the game all like his kiddy storys, keith bullcrap.
-Dark carnival campaign (pure trash)
-hard rain (trash of the trash)
-mall maps (joke)
-swamp fever (what the...?)
-survivors animations (trash x5)
-survivors lines (parody4dead2, they should strangle them selves, bad jokes and awful voices)
-coach and his hamburgers in a middle of an apocalyspe (genuis).

these are only some i can keep going on.

Jeff S.
02-27-2011, 09:47 AM
The problem I have with l4d2 is that instead of fixing all these glitches theyre more worried about pushing content out to help sell the game.

Valve not only said f**k you to the l4d1 community by porting these campaigns, but also did it to the l4d2 community too by not only deciding to include community content in mutations so they dont have to pay staff to think of more, but the fact they theyre putting sooo much effort into releasing DLC's for it instead of fixing the problems that are still going on in the game.

I guess the fault lies more on Valves side then L4D2, and it would be a great game if they fixed those bugs, but because theyre treating l4d2 like a money tree, thats why I hate it...too much content and too many glitches to justify playing it.

Jeff S.
02-27-2011, 09:54 AM

Wow awareness fail

ThorinSHR
02-27-2011, 10:30 AM
IMO, the worst thing about L4D2 is the survivors. They don't even seem human 95% of the time. As for the L4D1 survivors, I can (somewhat) see them as real people. l4d2 survivors are just plain annoying. It's all FOOD, KEITH, AXE ME A QUESTION DUR HURRR, HAND SANITIZER.

OwMyToe
02-27-2011, 12:00 PM

Funniest thing I've read all week.

Matthew94
02-27-2011, 12:14 PM
L4D1 doesn't have those overpowered melee weapons.

edfreak9001
02-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Personally, i prefer L4D2 to the original. I like the charicters almost as much, the guns feel more balanced, the melee is a GODSEND, and makes it smart to actually use the Sniper Rifles. I like the new infected, the maps all seem fresh and fun, and to be honest, i didnt get much of an "Atmospheric" feel from L4D1. it just seemed dark a lot.

NaturalSky
02-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Personally, i prefer L4D2 to the original. I like the charicters almost as much, the guns feel more balanced, the melee is a GODSEND, and makes it smart to actually use the Sniper Rifles. I like the new infected, the maps all seem fresh and fun, and to be honest, i didnt get much of an "Atmospheric" feel from L4D1. it just seemed dark a lot.

And you post this here why?

edfreak9001
02-27-2011, 01:23 PM
And you post this here why?

Well everyone was at each other's throats about which one was better, i posted what i thought.

NaturalSky
02-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Well everyone was at each other's throats about which one was better, i posted what i thought.

It's not that, it's that people from L4D2 are telling us to play L4D2. Oh no wait, they tell us to buy it first from a steam sale (while we already own the game), and then play it.

Preferences and opinions aside, i don't mind if people like L4D2 over L4D1, but i get annoyed when they have to come to our forum and troll us for being disappointed at Valve.

Jeff S.
02-27-2011, 01:29 PM
I feel if theres a thread that talks about both games, people from the l4d2 forum should be able to post why they like it(in a nice way obviously), theyre just defending their game like we do ours.

edfreaks response was the most intelligent response Ive seen from the l4d2 community in a while...good, honest opinion and he didnt have to bash l4d1 to get his opinion out.

whirlmaster
02-28-2011, 04:30 AM
It's called PERSONAL PREFERENCE. I play L4D2, but I didn't have as much fun as L4D1.