PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] New mute survivors

jebussaves88
02-18-2011, 04:38 AM
If the new campaign is to have no speech or story, then maybe one idea would be to have a new set of mute survivors; perhaps with some kind of face mask to explain lack of communication. It just seems kind of a waste to not have speech in what could potentially be an important junction for the original 8 survivors, so at least with four soldiers, or scientists (maybe they could be uninfected CEDA guys?) it would give a new angle on it with minimum effort

jasminethecat
02-18-2011, 05:37 AM
If the new campaign is to have no speech or story, then maybe one idea would be to have a new set of mute survivors; perhaps with some kind of face mask to explain lack of communication. It just seems kind of a waste to not have speech in what could potentially be an important junction for the original 8 survivors, so at least with four soldiers, or scientists (maybe they could be uninfected CEDA guys?) it would give a new angle on it with minimum effort

"That makes the first constraint no new audio or story."

New is the key word here. It isn't meant to add to the cannon storyline and cannot require voice actors to record new lines.

We don't need another Gordon Freeman, much less 4 of them. Enough people don't talk in game already, don't encourage it more.

Hardun
02-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Ok.

Do you people understand the amount of work that goes into making the survivors?
VALVe have to get face models and voice actors, as well as spending precious map-making and testing time getting the survivors to work.

TheCombatMedic
02-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Apparently people don't know how things are produced and some think you just need a few weeks worth of time to create new lines, new weapons, new zombies, etc.

Krandel
02-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Apparently people don't know how things are produced and some think you just need a few weeks worth of time to create new lines, new weapons, new zombies, etc.

If this was the case, we'd be in Left 4 Dead 7 by now.

TheCombatMedic
02-18-2011, 12:51 PM
If this was the case, we'd be in Left 4 Dead 7 by now.

I guess people don't mind it. I keep seeing demand for a Left 4 Dead 3.

Jayjones
02-18-2011, 08:33 PM
I guess people don't mind it. I keep seeing demand for a Left 4 Dead 3.

NEVER....SAY...THAT...AGAIN....

I want at least 1-2 more years of L4D2. make up for the rushing of l4d2

bloodfox1222
02-18-2011, 08:53 PM
"That makes the first constraint no new audio or story."

New is the key word here. It isn't meant to add to the cannon storyline and cannot require voice actors to record new lines.

We don't need another Gordon Freeman, much less 4 of them. Enough people don't talk in game already, don't encourage it more.

We always need more gordon freeman :cool:

Krandel
02-18-2011, 09:21 PM

He never said we wanted L4D3, he just said he keeps seeing demands for L4D3.

Jayjones
02-18-2011, 09:25 PM
He never said we wanted L4D3, he just said he keeps seeing demands for L4D3.

Still...i don't wanna see it! that's enough out of you boy!

Krandel
02-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Still...i don't wanna see it! that's enough out of you boy!

I'm not a boy.

I'm A Man

Tidenburg
02-19-2011, 11:02 AM
I've seen new survivors suggested before. They could use the same skeletons for animation, even the same voices to be honest. I just think there should be a distinction between these new non-canon survivors and the actual ones.

junsumoney1@gma
02-19-2011, 11:23 AM

Hell, the standard expectation for a multiplayer game should be around 7-10 years like Counter Strike or Starcraft. Call of Duty's biennial release has lowered the standard for people to demand a sequel with only slight changes every few years. L4D2 can last 5 years with all these campaigns and custom campaigns and mutations. With this DLC giving us at least 4 campaigns, it should last 10 years.

Kr1sP
02-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Mute survivors, do you understand how much this game relies on voice commands? There's no new audio however things like weapon here or boomer around will be there. Do you really want to see 4 anonymous 2-dimensional characters?