PDA

View Full Version : Problem with all 3 games crashing before starting

fozzy bear
02-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Hi

Got the discounted pack from this week and finaluy got around to installing them.

Unfortunately when ever i try to run any of the 3 they start up, resize the screen and then it blacks out, only to return to the original sized screen without it loading.

Ive tried compatibility mode for 95,98/ME and XP and still having no luck.
running it also as administrator across all 3 with all of the following checked:

run in 640 X 480
disable visual themes
disable desktop composition
disable display scaling

Pc specs:
Win 7, 64 bit
intel core 2 duo 2.66ghz
ATi radeon HD 4800
4 gig ram

Really at my wits end with windows 7 because it seems ever other game i buy over a year old just falls apart on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Foz

ziiig
02-21-2011, 11:50 PM
une honte de pas etre prevenu avant l'achat :(

ne marche que sous xp pour les trois chez mois ;)

MageBoySa
02-22-2011, 03:01 PM
I'm having a similar problem, only my games won't even reize the screen. All I get is activity shown on the mouse cursor then nothing.

edit: Fixed it! This isn't that hard to fix, at least for me it wasn't. Right click on computer in the start menu and click system properties. Under that click advanced settings. Next go to performance settings (it will be on pf the tabs there) Click the Data Execution Prevention tab and choose "except those I select." Now click add and for each and add the exe for each game. This should make them start for you.

fozzy bear
03-03-2011, 11:43 AM
thanks for your input, that's got it to start loading, now it just crashes before it finishes loading lol

i had given up hope on this so thanks alot!

EDIT: Never mind! got it working by removing alot of the stuff i had previously done

Thank you sooo much :D

MageBoySa
03-04-2011, 03:18 AM
Glad I could help!

thedarkcloak
09-29-2011, 03:18 AM
Bump, in case this helps someone.